It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What we know about Trump's DEAL with the Taliban before leaving office

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Joe got an extra scoop of ice cream for his speech he botched 23 seconds in.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

He need keeping 40 miles from the Nuclear Football.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Typically the Joint Chiefs would respond to an order from from the president to withdraw. They would come back with a plan, the requirements and the time needed, in a very distilled form. The president would then either okay the plan, or disagree with it. If he disagreed, this cycle would repeat until he agreed to another plan. It's quite possible that at some point the president just put his foot down and ordered the troops be withdrawn by (insert date). Period, end of discussion. This would be something I could picture Biden doing. The Joint Chiefs would then figure out how to accomplish exactly what was ordered (if possible), backing up from the deadline date. If the order was something like...'look, I don't care what you do but I want the troops out by (insert date), period', then they would get the troops out and accomplish whatever else they could before the deadline (which was basically nothing).

No sane senior military officer would have ever come up with a plan like what was executed on their own. It would be career suicide, so you just know their backstop is...'well, that's what we were ordered to do!'.

ETA - Even if you didn't rely on regular troops to do anything but evacuate, you'd at least send special forces units in to destroy anything useful to the enemy. Units like the SEALs must have a bunch of guys with their head's exploding right now!

Even in Vietnam troops were pushing helicopters off the decks of carriers into the sea to make room for more inbound and so they were of no use to the enemy. We certainly weren't flying them back and handing over the keys to the North Vietnamese!

This will likely come out in time.

Everything you said makes sense

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Joe got an extra scoop of ice cream for his speech he botched 23 seconds in.

This whole thing is epically f'd up!

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I don't think Biden determines s$it. I don't think he even wanted to be potus. Remember how long it took him to jump into the fray? I think he is a face. A face that the ''team'' decided could beat Trump. An establishment face. As Ray slightly up the thread suggests, a ''figurehead''. His job is to smile and promote. And apologize.

And yes, it was screwed up so badly that it almost does seem it was orchestrated. I can't figure it either. I makes no sense for them, the Democrats to have done it on purpose. To what purpose, how does it serve them? I just can't even speculate.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ToLiveIsToDie
You tell me?

That would be Trump's plan and Biden is at fault for his participation in it.

yes it was "trumps plan"
but what you seem to be missing or ignoring is the whole situation

trump had a plan that has specific (though we were not privy to them all) steps and more importantly NEGOCIATED AGREEMENTS that the Taliban had to honor for us to proceed.

he even had a warning in no nonsense language what would happen if they attacked us and broke the agreements made.

if they didnt follow though and/or something not going right.. process put on hold...

this isnt something that is gonna happen quickly like some sitcom situation that ends a half hour later.

then we had an election and biden was president

well at this point he cant claim "it was trumps plan" because now HE HAS THE AUTHORITY to execute it anyway he wants..

ESPECIALLY THE WITHDRAWL.

If the plan (for discussion sake) is "bad" and he CHOOSES TO FOLLOW IT.. than the blame is TOTALLY ON HIM..
the military IS NOT GONNA DO A THING UNLESS HE GIVES THE GO AHEAD.

so at this point to continue to blame him for this mess is just realistically and ethically WRONG.

btw he was the ONLY PRESIDENT to actively work on getting troops out / lower forces there...
he was the ONLY PRESIDENT to have a long period WHERE NO US PERSONNEL DIED.
he was the ONLY PRESIDENT with a plan and conditions for its stages to be implemented

bush didnt , and obama didnt.

im sorry but this whole mess is TOTALLY HIS FAULT.

what i am surprised is not only how quickly he , liberals, democrats , anti trumpers and main stream press went to blame him and protect biden..
it is a new record.

now are they gonna have an "investigation and impeachment" of trump because of this?

i will say biden had ONE THING right.
it isnt Saigon

because compared to how biden is handling this it makes Saigon look like a well executed withdrawl

scrounger

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ToLiveIsToDie
It was supposed to be the voters who is in the driving seat, what the eff happen to your country?

People are too stupid to see that both parties are the same.

o brother

when you cant defend your party, person, group actions and you run out of excuses/deflections/ect you go with "they are both as bad/ both the same"

im sorry but WHO IS THE MAJORITY?
more importantly

WHO IS PRESIDENT / COMMANDER AND CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES THAT GAVE THE ORDERS FOR THIS?

it wasnt "both sides/parties"

scrounger

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger
yes it was "trumps plan"

he even had a warning in no nonsense language what would happen if they attacked us and broke the agreements made.

Post them and then explain how the Afghani army surrendering breaks those agreements with the Taliban.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:00 AM
link   

when you cant defend your party, person, group actions and you run out of excuses/deflections/ect you go with "they are both as bad/ both the same"

They are. Both Democrats and Republicans voted for this war and then continued to fund and support it through four administrations.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

WHO IS PRESIDENT / COMMANDER AND CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES THAT GAVE THE ORDERS FOR THIS?

Trump started it and Biden followed it through so yeah , it was "both sides/parties"

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   

yes it was "trumps plan"

Post them and then explain how the Afghani army surrendering breaks those agreements with the Taliban.

No body cares they surrendered. What people care about is the abandonment of US citizens, US allies, and US military hardware now under the control of the Taliban. And that was under Biden’s watch.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
No body cares they surrendered.

The poster I am speaking with does so if you intend on interjecting yourself into a conversation try to pay attention to what was already said.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   

No body cares they surrendered.

The poster I am speaking with does so if you intend on interjecting yourself into a conversation try to pay attention to what was already said.

Blah blah blah.

Is that in the terms agreement?

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

No, it's a common sense thing since you constantly make non sequitur comments.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   

yes it was "trumps plan"

No body cares they surrendered. What people care about is the abandonment of US citizens, US allies, and US military hardware now under the control of the Taliban. And that was under Biden’s watch.

Still thousands of abandoned US Citizens in the country. What a complete cluster@#$#.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Has anybody found real proof this Afghan boondoggle was all Trump's fault ?

How 'bout just a little bit Trump's fault ?

Has anybody found why Biden Team failed to use standard thinking like get civilians out first and then shut down airbases ?

Whatabout the U.S. Embassy being abandoned before Americans even knew what was happening ?

Does anyone believe the U.S. didn't know the Taliban was in place in dozens of major cities ?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: scrounger

Trump started it and Biden followed it through so yeah , it was "both sides/parties"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Don’t mean much coming from a biter old librarian that doesn’t understand there are now whole generations that view the US constitution as a inconvenience to social utopia. That suffers from Trump derangement syndrome.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Didn’t Trump ok the release of a bunch of Taliban prisoners including the current leader? Wasn’t Kushner in charge of Middle East peace?

Wonder when Biden will invite Taliban leader to camp David like the loser wanted to do. Better yet maybe they’ll start writing love letters, lol.

Did the GQP delete a bunch of Taliban stuff? You’d think conspiracy theorists would be all over that..
edit on 19-8-2021 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Many of those were released during negotiations at requests from infiltrators on the U.S. Team 😃

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join