It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biden Administration Will Recognize the Taliban as Afghanistan's Legitimate Government.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

We already know how well women will be treated there.
I see many child brides in their future and women covered
head to toe in burkas.They will have husbands and they will
be happy.Sarcasm button off...I really feel for these women
and girls.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Wow western education at their finest, love how nice you put down, China biden should send a fruit baskets as a gift, it seems not everybody believe the terrorist at all.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I feel bad for the people, but the Taliban are and were the legitimate government, before the war.

They took over in 1996, after four years of conflict between multiple factions of Mujahedeen rebel groups, that rose up in the vacuum left from the removal of Soviet Occupation. The reason the Taliban was able to consolidate power and support from the people is, because they promised to return stability and restore lawfulness to the nation. They entered the crime ridden and lawless capital of Kandahar in 1994 and by 1996 that had established order.

As much as the US and the western world believes the majority of the population want western democracy, they really don't and though their leaders may be terrorists and oppressive religious tyrants, that is what they choose for themselves when outside powers are not imposing rigged elections. The reason everyone knows the election is rigged, is because all candidates will be pro US forces and will never be anti US forces. The fast reversion shows that the majority of people were ready for it to come back and weren't really pro democracy.

It's sad news in the world, but it really just reverted back to pre invasion status and since the Chinese are mining the rare earth minerals, I would say just let them deal with it.

www.cfr.org...
edit on 17-8-2021 by themessengernevermatters because: link

edit on 17-8-2021 by themessengernevermatters because: typo

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Another problem with the Taliban is a tribal problem, like most of the middle east, since the British decided to divide tribes and tribal regions all over and lumping the pieces in with other fragmented tribes and territories; they created nations that were never going to be unified or stable.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: themessengernevermatters

So back to sept 12, 2001 ?

Only now taliban has billions of dollars in modern U.S. military equipment and 500k U.S. trained soldiers at it's command.

Yay democrats!

All hail joe!

The messenger might not matter, but the message sure does.

What message did joe just send to our enemies?

And what message did you just send to brainwashed democrats?

Bonus question - how is your message any less dangerous than joe's?

Hint: they are identical.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

and girls.

Maybe the Taliban has modernized their views regarding women a little bit, like Saudi Arabia has.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: themessengernevermatters
Another problem with the Taliban is a tribal problem, like most of the middle east, since the British decided to divide tribes and tribal regions all over and lumping the pieces in with other fragmented tribes and territories; they created nations that were never going to be unified or stable.

Is that supposed to excuse what joe just did?

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

and girls.

Maybe the Taliban has modernized their views regarding women a little bit, like Saudi Arabia has.

Would be a start.

Has anyone seen any indication of that?

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

originally posted by: carewemust

and girls.

Would be a start.

Has anyone seen any indication of that?

I would be extremely doubtful.

I just heard, Trudeau says we will not recognise the Taliban. We'll see.
edit on 17-8-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: themessengernevermatters

Is that supposed to excuse what joe just did?

Sure. It's not our country it's not our problem, just like Vietnam was not our problem.

And I am non partisan; both parties are corrupt and controlled and all the presidents and most of congress are just puppets; bought and paid for by, political fundraising, bribes and blackmail. Every president and administration since Bush Sr are openly globalist presidents and don't give a crap about the citizens.

And the reason I mentioned the tribal problem is because no nation on the face of the planet can fix the middle east or any of those countries; ever. You have tribes that hate each other and have always hated each other including generational blood feuds like the hatfields and mccoys. The British split their territories up and created nations made up of pieces of these territories and they did so unevenly. Creating a false minority out of many stronger tribes and allowing the minority tribes to dominate.

Like the Kurds. Whose tribal territory was split into three pieces and making them the minority tribe in Iraq, Turkey and Syria. Their tribal territories are where the oil is in those countries, so no one is ever going to reunite that territory into a nation and their tribe and the other tribes making up those nations are never going to get along. They are not the only tribes divided in such a fashion, almost the entire middle east is.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Much of the sectarian fighting in Islam, is tribal driven, more than ideologically driven. When the divide occurred in Islam many tribes chose a side and part of the reason they picked their side is, because a tribe they hated picked the other side.

You see the same thing a lot in Africa where one warring tribe will convert to Christianity, the other warring tribe converts to Islam, just because they don't want any thing in common with their enemy. Then you have them killing each other as they always have and Christian groups will wring their hands and say, "Christians are being killed in Africa for being Christian". But, it's not the truth, it's two warring tribes that have always been at war and will always be at war with each other. To much bad blood and tribal history.
edit on 17-8-2021 by themessengernevermatters because: clarification

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I love this new take Biden has been president for 20 years.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

It is a Bedouin philosophy. Me and my brother against my cousin. Me and my cousin against a stranger.

That is, in a nutshell, the entirety of the Middle East. Figure out how to work with that and everything is solved.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

It is a Bedouin philosophy. Me and my brother against my cousin. Me and my cousin against a stranger.

That is, in a nutshell, the entirety of the Middle East. Figure out how to work with that and everything is solved.

You're right.

I don't know if their is anyone wise enough on the earth to solve that gordian knot though. The western nations are not even trying, they are more concerned about their geo political strategy and gain.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
I love this new take Biden has been president for 20 years.

Better than the partisan BS of my party is good and the other party is bad. It makes all partisans half blind to the truth. And no Biden hasn't been, but the problem precedes Biden by a long shot.

In fact Trump, is just secretly glad he is out this round, because his pullout would have collapsed too. As all pullouts of forces have in occupied territories since the romans. You can't enforce a nation on a population without force. As long as Rome had legions stationed in their various trade regions, they maintained control, when they pulled them out the territory and the pro roman king was toppled.

The idea that some how Trump would have pulled the forces out and kept if from collapsing is just partisan nonsense.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

"It's not our country it's not ur problem"

Too late.

We already broke it.

There are no excuses for not delivering the promised air support or for abandoning our citizens and friends to be tortured, raped and beheaded by taliban.

But keep defending joe.

I'm sure it plays well with brainwashed democrats.

Although you are probably finding that your audience is getting a little smaller by the day now.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   

"It's not our country it's not ur problem"

Too late.

We already broke it.

There are no excuses for not delivering the promised air support or for abandoning our citizens and friends to be tortured, raped and beheaded by taliban.

But keep defending joe.

I'm sure it plays well with brainwashed democrats.

Although you are probably finding that your audience is getting a little smaller by the day now.

We didn't break it. It was broken before we showed up. It's been broken since Laurence of Arabia and the division of the Ottaman Empire post ww1.

The soviets were there before us and couldn't fix it. The Taliban as much as the west hates them, is the leadership they Afghani's chose. We came in and enforced democracy on them. Now the Taliban are back, because we couldn't fix it.

The pullout already fixed what we broke, really western people just don't like what Afghani's choose for themselves. I know it is a shock, but many people across the world would choose religious theocracy over western democracy.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   
And you can keep believing in the partisan bullcrap that Trump had some magic plan that would have done what no empire on the face of the earth has ever done. Keep an enforced government on a conquered people without military forces stationed in that country and enforcing the foreign order.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Joe Biden is a piece of sh1t.... along with the rest of his cohorts .
yes pieces of Sh1t

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Alexander the Great of Macedonia did a good job. Cleopatra was a direct relative down the line.

Lawerence of Arabia had workable solution...but there was no follow up and removal of the guns. It was sorta lampshaded in Star Trek TOS Friday’s Child and again strongly in A Piece of the Action.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join