It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$400M gift, largest ever to a city, will benefit Kalamazoo in perpetuity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Round 2, commence!

Remember this thread I posted last month, Western Michigan University receives record-breaking $550M donation? That was a pretty vast amount donated not that long ago, and just to WMU.

Well, lightning struck Kalamazoo twice, it seems -- the city itself received an anonymous donation of $400 million.

KALAMAZOO, MI — City officials shared positive reactions to news of an anonymous donation that is meant to fund activities in the city forever.

The city’s Foundation for Excellence received a $400 million donation, which will be structured as $40 million per year over 10 years, and be combined with $100 million already raised, for a total of $500 million.

Mayor David Anderson jumped for joy while announcing the gift outside City Hall Tuesday, July 28, which city officials said is the biggest-ever gift to a municipality.

www.mlive.com...
** One, yes, it's a subscriber article/paywalled, but I'm not subbed and can read it. Two, play around with timing when to manually mash the stop button to stop the page load. It works, lol.**

Ok.

What the #?

Is this the possible work of the Stryker family, as suspected the last round with WMU? Or is this someone we still haven't sussed out yet?
I'm sort of leaning toward the latter, rather than the former. If the Strykers were suddenly nearly $1 BILLION poorer, someone would have noticed by now and postulated it.

One of my neighbors who didn't offer an opinion on who gave WMU their donation the last time around, had one this morning. His theory is intriguing -- Warren Buffet potentially spreading his money out around the country before he kicks off.

It makes you think either way, doesn't it? Have any other cities, or even just tiny towns, suddenly received any Mystery Money recently? If so, it might be possible that maybe the dude's right and Buffet might be "sharing the wealthy around". But if it's not Buffet, and other places ARE receiving similar mystery donations, then who is it? And if it's not that at all and these incidents weren't related at all, then who's the new donor on the block?

The things that make you go, "Hmm..."

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Somebody is forming an "epicenter" for examples 😵‍💫

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Here's a paywall workaround if you've got slow clicking stop reflexes:

outline.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

My guess is drug cartels and money laundering.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The city contracts with huge kickbacks will now begin...

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My guess is drug cartels and money laundering.

An interesting angle I hadn't considered...

... Do continue and explain further, I'm interested now

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I'm leaning towards the Stryker family since Derek Jeter took a bath on the Marlins.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The drug cartels set up small charitable organizations around the area.

Suddenly places (with people paid off) get large sums of money.

The small charitable organizations then get "grants".

Money?

Washed and laundered through state government and/or universities.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
< raises eyebrow & ogles Augustus momentarily >

I have no idea WTF you're trying to say with the second half of that.

Mimosas and nothing but for breakfast -- not even once, kids

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The drug cartels set up small charitable organizations around the area.

Suddenly places (with people paid off) get large sums of money.

The small charitable organizations then get "grants".

Money?

Washed and laundered through state government and/or universities.

Part of me thinks this seems too blatant an attempt to be feasible, but then again, anything's possible with enough shell companies and trusts.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Hell, Soros dumps money all the time for political stuff. So foreign "investors" are not a new thing.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I have no idea WTF you're trying to say with the second half of that.

DJ grew up in Kalamazoo-zoo-zoo and is, after the Stryker's, probably the next richest person from there.

But I think the Marlin's purchase might have impacted his wealth, he would have been better off buying Flint tap water since it has a better chance of winning than that team.

edit on 29-7-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
In perpetuity ? Want to make a bet about that. Politicians will spend every dime plus more. Services will remain the same and there will be nothing to show for it except all the new gigantic homes the politicians built for themselves complete with security, gates, and private lakes

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Had to do a little research on Stryker.

Now it all makes sense
Strike Her

new topics

top topics

join