It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sight and sound

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

External combustion doesn't work well with larger aircraft. It works better with a cruise missile sized platform.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

If we got our hands on one of the new Russian fighters, which would be difficult to do, unless it was an Su-35 export version, it would almost certainly be flown in on a C-5 or C-17, and assembled at Groom or Tonopah. It wouldn't be flown low level over Colorado. With where it was seen, it was most likely an F-35 out of Hill, or an F-22 up from Nellis.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

The only military flights that show up regularly are large transports. Military flights are exempt from the ADS-B mandate, depending on mission requirements. You sometimes see fighters show up, but except for the Mirage F1s that Draken flies, they aren't on trackers regularly.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah, maybe that's what it was. I just didn't see the lead aircraft well enough, only well enough to see it was different than the other two F-16's staggered in trail behind it.

I've never heard any F-22's or F-35's making any strange noises though, just a whole lot of loud. It was a very pronounced sound too. Like this warbling popping wailing sort of sound (almost impossible to describe). I actually heard that sound first, then the rumble of the approaching aircraft. As they passed overhead the strange sound was drowned out by the roar, but as they got further off I could still hear it, just less pronounced (which I attributed to doppler effect).

Is there maybe some kind of an inlet configuration which might make a sound like that?

Just a really really unusual experience.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Nothing that immediately comes to mind, but there are systems they normally don't use around the public that could have been in use to alter its signature somewhat.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You forgot the "OR" statement between those qualifiers!

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 01:51 AM
link   

It was an F22.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cavrecon22

It was an F22.

Do you know this for a fact, or is this just a hypothesis?

Did you by chance witness the same event? If so, I'd like to compare notes.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Had a very similar event several years back . The responses were about the same as well.

Similar Thread

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: Cavrecon22

It was an F22.

Do you know this for a fact, or is this just a hypothesis?

Did you by chance witness the same event? If so, I'd like to compare notes.

They flew down to Peterson and took off again or were doing pattern work. We heard the rumble from the office and went to go see what it was. You are right with the weird sound being emitted. The best way I could describe it was like a static roar.

Edit: I can't type
edit on 31-7-2021 by Cavrecon22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Cavrecon22

Interesting! Did you see them? I guess you must have if you knew it was an F-22.

Definitely a really weird sound, kind of otherworldly. Almost eerie even, like a wailing banshee with this odd popping sound.

ETA - I don't know about their weapons effectiveness, but they'd definitely SCARE the bejeezus out of the enemy, that's for sure! They'd probably be saying...WTH was THAT????" I know it scared the heck out of our cattle.

edit on 7/31/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

ETA - I don't know about their weapons effectiveness, but they'd definitely SCARE the bejeezus out of the enemy, that's for sure! They'd probably be saying...WTH was THAT????" I know it scared the heck out of our cattle.

I thought the same thing when I was below a B1-B flyover once. The way you could "feel" the sound was quite haunting. My immediate thought is what the poor folks in the Afghan mountains must think when they hear it

top topics

<< 1   >>

join