It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoard of Jurassic fossils found in ancient sea in England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 04:17 AM
link   
While I hesitate to post this in a section of the forum where Creationism is also touted as fact, a recent new find of thousands of Jurassic-age fossils have been found in England - buried at the time in a shallow tropical sea while the land mass of Earth was still largely in one loose area separated by many shallow seas.

Originally researched and discovered by a husband and wife team of amateur paleaontologists, it is also now being worked on by members of the Natural History Museum from London in a rush before the owner of the quarry resumes work on the site. The exact location is being kept secret to prevent visitors from compromising the site. This is possibly the most important Jurassic site in the UK and one of the most important in Europe. Due to the nature of the soft-bodied animals preserved, fossils of this type are extremely rare, so this will further research into these animals considerably.

For more pictures of the finds click the link at the bottom of the linked article below.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TerraLiga
Ooh! The Cotswolds!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Not far from you I bet.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   
pictures please

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerraLiga

For more pictures of the finds click the link at the bottom of the linked article below.
www.bbc.co.uk...

I was going to post some of the pictures, but the fact that you were too lazy to even post this link: www.bbc.com...
...makes me think, why should I even bother?

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Why lazy? The main link is to the video of the NHM staff introducing the find and its significance. There is a link at the bottom of this page which you can click if you want further information. I could have posted two links but both pages are interlinked together as they are the same story.

I'll post a spoon to feed you with next time.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerraLiga
Why lazy? The main link is to the video of the NHM staff introducing the find and its significance. There is a link at the bottom of this page which you can click if you want further information. I could have posted two links but both pages are interlinked together as they are the same story.

I'll post a spoon to feed you with next time.

With castor oil for his obviously blocked tummy pipes..

Hoping to see just what they discover, there! Cheers for the thread

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TerraLiga

Cool find , especially as the couple who made the discovery didn't even dig a hole , congratulations Nev & Sally.

I hope the Natural History Museum donate some of the finds to local museums so they can be seen and not just stored away.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The NHM has posted their own update on the dig. A link below (with additional pictures and information).
www.nhm.ac.uk...

top topics

join