It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City Announces Cancellation of Rally

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The City of Anaheim announced the cancellation of an America First Rally due to "security concerns".

reason.com...

Anybody noticing a trend here? It's always a "conservative" event that gets cancelled. This rally was being held at a private venue, not public property.

The only thing that I can figure out is that Antifa and BLM must have been booked for that day. The usual procedure is that the Conservative group goes through the process of getting a permit, paying for Police overtime and other hoops. Then the Leftist a$$holes show up provoke violence and the officials make the Conservative group leave by revoking their permit.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

kaliforny is broken

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Don't you remember all the damage and violence at those tea party rallies?
There was tens of dollars of property damage done...

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I believe when the City of Anaheim said,
As a city we respect free speech but also have a duty to call out speech that does not reflect our city and its values

that alone violates First Amendment rights...

I guess America isn't first in the City of Anaheim.

edit on 46074631am312021Mon, 19 Jul 2021 11:46:53 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Does that mean conservative towns can ban gay rights groups as it doesn't reflect their cities and values?

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
I believe when the City of Anaheim said,
As a city we respect free speech but also have a duty to call out speech that does not reflect our city and its values

that alone violates First Amendment rights...

Ya know what they say about the use of the word “but”. Everything said in the sentence before the word means jack sh!t.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   

They've already adopted the narrative that the right is the biggest threat to national security. They say white nationalists, but that's a stand-in for the right and their mask is already slipping.

These things will start to accelerate faster than anybody expects. Each incident builds momentum making the next easier.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I smell secret orders from the Governor and the DNC 😃

Bitter jealousy and ultra micromanaging 😃

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wow. You people really will obey your masters and go down without a fight. Stand there all dumbfounded with your whataboutisms. It’s insane how you let the tiniest road blocks stop you. I’m beginning to believe that you people do not actually believe whole heartedly you have the rights to assemble and speak freely, you only do it when someone with “more authority” leads the rally.

My point is, it’s not a crime to have a common place that people meet up to discuss topics. You do not need a permit. And if the private venue had its permits denied for the event, have a open and free public forum. Don’t cower with your tail between your legs and act all oppressed by “the man”.

Lastly, when will you wake up and realize that the conservative leaders do not represent your best interests, and most likely worked together with the liberals to have the event denied, thus dividing you individuals farther along political lines.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MrEnergy

You people think that black people are too dumb to overcome a tiny roadblock and get a photo ID.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

reflect our city and its values

To be fair, Anaheim looks more like a city from some third world country than America to me.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

What did you do about it?
Nothing?
Oh, right

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
They didn't have enough masks, lol.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

That's a disgrace. No wonder Governor Newsom is being ejected from office.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrEnergy
Wow. You people really will obey your masters and go down without a fight. Stand there all dumbfounded with your whataboutisms. It’s insane how you let the tiniest road blocks stop you. I’m beginning to believe that you people do not actually believe whole heartedly you have the rights to assemble and speak freely, you only do it when someone with “more authority” leads the rally.

My point is, it’s not a crime to have a common place that people meet up to discuss topics. You do not need a permit. And if the private venue had its permits denied for the event, have a open and free public forum. Don’t cower with your tail between your legs and act all oppressed by “the man”.

Lastly, when will you wake up and realize that the conservative leaders do not represent your best interests, and most likely worked together with the liberals to have the event denied, thus dividing you individuals farther along political lines.

The private venue agreed to cancel because of government "security" concerns.

Are you implying the event organizers should trespass and hold their event anyway? We don't need another "insurrection" narrative unfolding.

It's irrelevant who in government is trying to shut it down, it's very relevant that anybody in government is trying to shut it down. Many of us don't like either side, but we're forced to pick sides when one group becomes out of control.
edit on 7/19/21 by Ksihkehe because: Fixed tag

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

They should just have it at someones house lol and let it spill out into the back yard. Someone who has a big property.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
So they threw up their hands like a bunch of p*****s and called it day. Some freedom loving they sure are. Why didnt they say eff it and do the rally anyhow. And to begin with, if its private property why bother with a permit at all. Or does the right love boot polish as much as the left does these days?

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Haha, awesome.
I am disappointed that I can only give you one star.
I love the fact that the first response is a whataboutisem.
I thought only the left did that.
I guess some conservatives get a little butt hurt too when faced with the truth.

Being a conservative myself I was glad to see that someone out there is calling both parties BS.
I am sick of the right picking up the victim mentality.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodswatcher

You newbies are glowing hard.

"Come on, do some insurrections!!"
"The Audit results are coming in. Quick, we need more chaos, the racewars and scamdemic aren't working!"

Lol
Weak sauce

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: abigredneck

I think people misunderstand the term whataboutism

It means more than pointing out a hypocrisy.
There must be an attempt to deflect.
edit on 19-7-2021 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join