It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Rituals...worth spoiling?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90
I managed to get ahold of an actual freemasonary ritual book that someone in New Jersey used to practice freemasonary, one portion of the book was in this strange coded text that I couldn't understand. If I rememmber clearly the book had a section where the opening ritual was in plain text, step by step..

We call those "cipher" rituals. Some jurisdictions authorize them and some do not, but rely on "mouth to ear" instruction in the ceremonies. I collect such rituals and it's interesting to see what various jurisdictions consider to be "secret" For example the Opening & Closing ceremony in Missouri is written in "code" or "cipher" but as you mentioned in a New Jersey version, and in Kentucky's version, the ceremonies are written out in plain English. Some jurisdictions, Illinois, Arizona and Michigan, for example, have the ENTIRE text written out in plain English. ...just depends on the Grand Lodge's preference I suppose.

Regards

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

Originally posted by RedOctober90
I managed to get ahold of an actual freemasonary ritual book that someone in New Jersey used to practice freemasonary, one portion of the book was in this strange coded text that I couldn't understand. If I rememmber clearly the book had a section where the opening ritual was in plain text, step by step..

We call those "cipher" rituals. Some jurisdictions authorize them and some do not, but rely on "mouth to ear" instruction in the ceremonies. I collect such rituals and it's interesting to see what various jurisdictions consider to be "secret" For example the Opening & Closing ceremony in Missouri is written in "code" or "cipher" but as you mentioned in a New Jersey version, and in Kentucky's version, the ceremonies are written out in plain English. Some jurisdictions, Illinois, Arizona and Michigan, for example, have the ENTIRE text written out in plain English. ...just depends on the Grand Lodge's preference I suppose.

Do you think he was referring to cyphers? I've seen some supposed "masonic alphabets" developed in French lodges for some use... they resembled mostly hebrew letters, but who knows? Then again, if its a ritual book, maye it was cyphers. but why would they spell out some rituals in plain english, and others in cypher code?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
Do you think he was referring to cyphers? I've seen some supposed "masonic alphabets" developed in French lodges for some use... they resembled mostly hebrew letters, but who knows? Then again, if its a ritual book, maye it was cyphers. but why would they spell out some rituals in plain english, and others in cypher code?

Hard to say without seeing it. As I said in my reply, Kentucky prints out the Opening / Closing in plain English (except the "portion of a lecture" and the "modes of recognition") but Missouri puts ALL of it in "cipher"

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Don't read the ritual. One of the neatest things about being in a secret socierty is the initiation.

I'm a Kappa Sigma, and the guy in our fraternities history who really revamped our ritual was a Mason. I've been told the first level of the mason ritual, I've heard there are many, is very similar to our initiaion (or I guess more properly we're similar to them since they were first), we only have one.

If it's any indication I strongly encourage you not to spoil it. It was really neat to participate in, and if you have the right group of people, something that you only have a shot to experiance once the right way.

-O

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
...if you have the right group of people, something that you only have a shot to experiance once the right way.

I think that's the key right there: You only get one chance. It's up to you how you experience it.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Well it's not really up to you and you get more than one chance.
Just do like I did the first time and say you've just had a change of medication after they wack you up with "happy drugs" and start all their role-play based "assessments."
Then you can come back in a few months time when they think they've got a better chance to get to you, even if you've already told them you're not interested.
I mean it's not their fault really, they just want to "share the love."

By the way, thanks for puling out all stops and failing miserably at the Myanmar border...again.
You guys really suck nowadays, I mean you really are a laughing stock.

Hard now to believe you were managing to make my life a misery 18 months ago.

One thing I can't work out though...where were the toilets going to fit in this time?
Better get a new worshipmaster, the best this one seems to be able to come up with is stealing my mail and vandalising my motor-bike.

Keep trying though, your efforts are so second-rate they are starting to prove entertaining.

pass the Rohipnol please!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
That could be one of the most incoherent things that I have ever read in my life...and I like to think that I'm well read.

Cheers,
nufan

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nmuxfpaxn

Originally posted by MrsNECROS
Well it's not really up to you and you get more than one chance.
Just do like I did the first time and say you've just had a change of medication after they wack you up with "happy drugs" and start all their role-play based "assessments."
Then you can come back in a few months time when they think they've got a better chance to get to you, even if you've already told them you're not interested.
I mean it's not their fault really, they just want to "share the love."

By the way, thanks for puling out all stops and failing miserably at the Myanmar border...again.
You guys really suck nowadays, I mean you really are a laughing stock.

Hard now to believe you were managing to make my life a misery 18 months ago.

One thing I can't work out though...where were the toilets going to fit in this time?
Better get a new worshipmaster, the best this one seems to be able to come up with is stealing my mail and vandalising my motor-bike.

Keep trying though, your efforts are so second-rate they are starting to prove entertaining.

That could be one of the most incoherent things that I have ever read in my life...and I like to think that I'm well read.

This guy is convinced that masons and little old lady Eastern Star members are trying to kidnap him and drug him, but so far have only managed to blow up his toilet and feed his dogs laxatives. I have no clue what he's talking about regarding the Myanmar border, I can only assume he's under coc aine/meth-enduced delirium, or he really is out of his mind, as we've all suspected.

I also think that he believes masons have tried to recruit him or some garbage like that. I doubt ANY lodge would ever be interested in someone as ignorant as him. In any case, nobody takes him very seriously.

[edit on 26-3-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
And on the other hand.

The wealth of reasons to lie about why you had to move to a different part of the globe.

Oh wait... Umm, to further his Anti-Masonic attacks? Really, if you want to discount everything he says, go right ahead, but this ish where Masons question over and over again if a person is really from where they say they are, have been where they say they have been, what recourse do you allow yourselves but to do the opposite, and have ordinary people question EVERYTHING that a Mason puts forth.

I mean, there is EXACTLY the same amount of trust involved, in both cases, and why can we assume out of two random people (1 Mason, 1 non-Anti-non-Mason) that the Mason should be trusted USUALLY.

That is bullIsh and you all know it. Just like I cannot speak for every person that posts what dribbles out of their mouth, Masons CANNOT speak for their BRETHREN and they DO repeatedly! They will back up someone they have never heard of!

Necros had runnings-in with A SECRET SOCIETY. Why should that much be doubted? Because we find it humorous, and because he does not have photographic proof of Sabotaged plumbing?

You can say YOU DON'T THINK any Masons could be involved, but you don't KNOW.

You can say, "I THINK the Masons have a right to come to your town in the NWT, Akilles, uninvited."

But you can't repeat the same old, same old: "You live in your mother's basement." I have been to the Arctic Circle, Tropic of Cancer, Tropic of Capricorn, I have been in colder than -40 F without windchill included, I have felt 50 Celsius, I have seen the Maltese Cross on the 33 parallel (South), and I had my eyes wide open in the old Financial Center of the World, London, and it is really out in the open, who runs the show there.
Lets hear some veritable Globetrotting of Masons, and the good works Masons have done in other countries (non-White).

[edit on 26-3-2005 by akilles]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
And on the other hand.

The wealth of reasons to lie about why you had to move to a different part of the globe.

Oh wait... Umm, to further his Anti-Masonic attacks? Really, if you want to discount everything he says, go right ahead, but this ish where Masons question over and over again if a person is really from where they say they are, have been where they say they have been, what recourse do you allow yourselves but to do the opposite, and have ordinary people question EVERYTHING that a Mason puts forth.

I mean, there is EXACTLY the same amount of trust involved, in both cases, and why can we assume out of two random people (1 Mason, 1 non-Anti-non-Mason) that the Mason should be trusted USUALLY.

That is bullIsh and you all know it. Just like I cannot speak for every person that posts what dribbles out of their mouth, Masons CANNOT speak for their BRETHREN and they DO repeatedly! They will back up someone they have never heard of!

Necros had runnings-in with A SECRET SOCIETY. Why should that much be doubted? Because we find it humorous, and because he does not have photographic proof of Sabotaged plumbing?

You can say YOU DON'T THINK any Masons could be involved, but you don't KNOW.

You can say, "I THINK the Masons have a right to come to your town in the NWT, Akilles, uninvited."

But you can't repeat the same old, same old: "You live in your mother's basement." I have been to the Arctic Circle, Tropic of Cancer, Tropic of Capricorn, I have been in colder than -40 F without windchill included, I have felt 50 Celsius, I have seen the Maltese Cross on the 33 parallel (South), and I had my eyes wide open in the old Financial Center of the World, London, and it is really out in the open, who runs the show there.
Lets hear some veritable Globetrotting of Masons, and the good works Masons have done in other countries (non-White).

[edit on 26-3-2005 by akilles]

Masons are generally trusted more than MrNecros because masons on this forum have shown themselves to be intelligent, honorable, and truthful. MrNecros, on the other hand, has not. He has made his contempt for masons obvious, and the second you read his posts, you can tell he has an agenda.

And it's generally easy to be able to say what masons would and would not do, because we all fit the same criteria for joining the fraternity. We are honest, honorable and GOOD men, with the experience and history to back it up. It's easy to say that an honorable, good person would not do certain things. Other times it's not, and many masons HAVE commited crimes and embarrassed the fraternity. But i can tell you that it DOES NOT include blowing up the toilet of, giving laxatives to the dog of, or kidnapping and drugging someone who makes no difference to masons throughout the world, such as MrNecros.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
You know, I may have to go against you guys and actually read the rituals...

I mean, I'm looking forward to the rituals very much (in the event that I decide to join / am accepted), but do I really want my dog messed with? Do I really want my mail tampered with by a secret organization. Honestly, I'm very opposed to cleaning up messes that my dog makes. So, really, do I even want to be involved? Is just posting on here going to get my in trouble...I can only pray that it won't.

(...joking)

Cheers,
nufan

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nmuxfpaxn
You know, I may have to go against you guys and actually read the rituals...

I mean, I'm looking forward to the rituals very much (in the event that I decide to join / am accepted), but do I really want my dog messed with? Do I really want my mail tampered with by a secret organization. Honestly, I'm very opposed to cleaning up messes that my dog makes. So, really, do I even want to be involved? Is just posting on here going to get my in trouble...I can only pray that it won't.

(...joking)

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
He is saying he has come to terms with:
a) What a group of people which involved Freemasons did to MrNecros.
b) He knows now he definitely wants in.

He was just using the Masonic double talk that you only recognize out of the mouth of a Brother.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
He is saying he has come to terms with:
a) What a group of people which involved Freemasons did to MrNecros.
b) He knows now he definitely wants in.

He was just using the Masonic double talk that you only recognize out of the mouth of a Brother.

It sounds like he really thinks masons are going to mess with his dog, or steal his mail.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If Necros has the substantive evidence he claims to have he has been
shown at least 2 options for making it available.

1 post it at the same location he posted "The Book".

2 He can forward it to me and I will post it on my site for all to see.

The lame TOS excuse is just that lame. That Dog dont Hunt.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
If Necros has the substantive evidence he claims to have he has been
shown at least 2 options for making it available.

1 post it at the same location he posted "The Book".

2 He can forward it to me and I will post it on my site for all to see.

The lame TOS excuse is just that lame. That Dog dont Hunt.

I believe that all he has as evidence are pictures of his toilet blown apart

top topics

<< 1   >>

join