It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Allies United States and India vs China ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The only rational and balanced way to approach the "China" problem is through an alliance between the US and India since both have a common worry. I feel both working again the later will help to bring order. Currently China blackmails the US in terms of trade and Opportunity however I feel if the US starts to favor India (also because its a democracy) a lot can be achieved. I have heard reports about a super virus being developed strong enough to cripple communications and satellites for weeks know as Surya (means the SUN). Any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I really think that the "china problem" you speak of is way overstated.
Sure there might be the occasional saber rattling now and again.

I really wish people would quit worrying about the U.S. and China going to war.

It's not gonna happen. There might be wars that they are behind the scenes against each other, but a direct confrontation is out of the question.

To answer your question though, I think the U.S. could beat China virtually by itself if needed, but it really wouldn't be much of a victory since it would leave the U.S. devastated in more ways than one. With India helping it would be alot easier. But both scenarios would likely end in nuclear war.

[edit on 23/3/05 by Skibum]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Exactly, the U.S and the USSR managed not to nuke eachother.

U.S and China can do the same.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   

To answer your question though, I think the U.S. could beat China virtually by itself if needed, but it really wouldn't be much of a victory since it would leave the U.S. devastated in more ways than one. With India helping it would be alot easier. But both scenarios would likely end in nuclear war.

I doubt the USA could defeat China by itself for the simple reason that the US would need the use of bases in the region you cant rely on carriers for air support. I agree that a nuclear war would be the end result.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11

I doubt the USA could defeat China by itself for the simple reason that the US would need the use of bases in the region you cant rely on carriers for air support. I agree that a nuclear war would be the end result.

The US caould base their aircraft out of Taiwan, Japan, and south Korea.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   

The US caould base their aircraft out of Taiwan, Japan, and south Korea.

You are forgoting that the US would need permisson from those governments example Turkey didnt allow the US to use bases for Gulf war 2 that were located in Turkey.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yes, you are correct xpert.

Based on current trends, it is likely that only Japan will let the US use their airfields. The U.S will have to fly out of Guam in all likelyhood.

(Even the Japanese airfields will be touch and go, China has said that if any B52's etc, lifts of an airfield, that airfield will be bombed)

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28
Yes, you are correct xpert.

Based on current trends, it is likely that only Japan will let the US use their airfields. The U.S will have to fly out of Guam in all likelyhood.

(Even the Japanese airfields will be touch and go, China has said that if any B52's etc, lifts of an airfield, that airfield will be bombed)

Why would Taiwan not let the US use their airfields? If the US gets in a war with China, they are going to be the reason

Then for Korea, if the US went to war with china, North Korea would most likely attack the south - thus the US could fly out of south Korea.

Japan is a no brainer - they would be sitting ducks if the US didn't win.

BTW - when did China say that about the B-52's? Got a link?

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The question on Taiwan is not that it won't let U.S use it's airfields, Taiwan would most likely be taken within a week. Holding it is another matter.

As for Korea, the NK problem would long be solved unless Taiwan decides to declare independence before the olympics. (even then, some predict that the NK regime would capitulate). Roh has said that the U.S would not be allowed to use S.K bases in the event of Taiwan.

Japan would let U.S use it's bases, but China would bomb Japanese bases that let planes fly out of it. Japan has even admitted that. Sorry, no link, didn't get the info from net.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The question on Taiwan is not that it won't let U.S use it's airfields, Taiwan would most likely be taken within a week. Holding it is another matter.

Where are you getting that Taiwan would be taken within a week? That is nonsense. China would have to get her Navy to Taiwan first. That isn't going to happen as Taiwan has a more advanced Navy, much less the US. I don't think you fully understand the effort that would need to be made for China to attack Taiwan.

First, they would HAVE to spend AT LEAST 3 weeks building up their forces in preperation of the attack. They would need to get all of their soldiers to port, bring all of their equipment there along with tanks and what not. Then they would need to pack a bunch of food and medical suplies.

You think the US wouldn't notice this?

Then, China is going to have to get that Navy across the narrow Taiwan straight. Good luck with that - it will be like shooting fish in a barrel for US attack subs, and Taiwans AGEIS cruisers, not to mention all of the air power that the US would send up and all of the land based missles.

At this point, we can assume it's been about a month, and their original forces are decimated.

As for Korea, the NK problem would long be solved unless Taiwan decides to declare independence before the olympics. (even then, some predict that the NK regime would capitulate). Roh has said that the U.S would not be allowed to use S.K bases in the event of Taiwan.

Roh lied. All the US has to say is "OK", have fun with Kim on your own. His statement will change real fast.

Japan would let U.S use it's bases, but China would bomb Japanese bases that let planes fly out of it. Japan has even admitted that. Sorry, no link, didn't get the info from net.

OK, I was assuming that you meant they would attack Japanese bases if US B-52's took off for ANY reason.

But heres the problem with what you say. You say that China will bomb Japan. HOW? They don't have the airpower to beat the US airforce. They just don't. So how do they get close enough to Japan to hit it in peace time, much less all out war.

Saying you will do something and actually being able to do it are two VERY different things.

[edit on 11-4-2005 by American Mad Man]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
First, they would HAVE to spend AT LEAST 3 weeks building up their forces in preperation of the attack. They would need to get all of their soldiers to port, bring all of their equipment there along with tanks and what not. Then they would need to pack a bunch of food and medical suplies.

Actually, this is from a Taiwanese military simulation, i know it's exaggerated but the Taiwanese themselves said this.

China does not need 3 weeks to build up forces, It is thinking of utilizing a Soviet strategy, the OFTB attack or Out of The blue attack that will suddenly attack when performing normal practice rituals.

BTW, this is not the China of today, i'am thinking slightly ahead.

Roh lied. All the US has to say is "OK", have fun with Kim on your own. His statement will change real fast.

I'am assuming the NK problem is solved, most probably by China, either invading it or taking the Kim's refuge. In return, SK would ask for the withdrawal of U.S. forces.

But heres the problem with what you say. You say that China will bomb Japan. HOW? They don't have the airpower to beat the US airforce. They just don't. So how do they get close enough to Japan to hit it in peace time, much less all out war.

Cruise missiles, i meant, not fly over. China has said that if the planes take off to bomb targets in China, China would retaliate with Theatre missiles on the Japanese bases.

-----

P.S. I'am not suggesting that China would win a war with the U.S, Most likely, they would not even be a war over Taiwan. If Pro-Independence forces declare independence on Taiwan, China will very likely support a coup on Taiwan.

If Taiwan ever becomes independent, the Nationalists will become nothing and they know it.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

China does not need 3 weeks to build up forces, It is thinking of utilizing a Soviet strategy, the OFTB attack or Out of The blue attack that will suddenly attack when performing normal practice rituals.

That is why the US always sends CBGs to the Taiwan straight when they hold military exercises :
:

The US is well aware of this strategy, and so counters it. If China then tries to attack the CBGs, they would be the agressors, and all of NATO would be forced to respond. Not good for China.

BTW, this is not the China of today, i'am thinking slightly ahead.

Understood.

I'am assuming the NK problem is solved, most probably by China, either invading it or taking the Kim's refuge. In return, SK would ask for the withdrawal of U.S. forces.

Fair enough.

Cruise missiles, i meant, not fly over. China has said that if the planes take off to bomb targets in China, China would retaliate with Theatre missiles on the Japanese bases.

But the same also aplies to China. If they attack Taiwan, the very first thing the US would do would be to take out sites in China. It would be a 2 way street.

P.S. I'am not suggesting that China would win a war with the U.S, Most likely, they would not even be a war over Taiwan. If Pro-Independence forces declare independence on Taiwan, China will very likely support a coup on Taiwan.

If Taiwan ever becomes independent, the Nationalists will become nothing and they know it.

I agree - I doubt that China would risk all out nuclear war over Taiwan. More likely they stay calm and let Taiwan come back to them peacefully.

top topics

join