It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Pyramid Void Enigma - Excerpt#1 From My New Book

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

My new book The Great Pyramid Void Enigma will be released by Bear & Co on 6th July (US & Canada) and 5th August (UK & Europe). Here's the new book's promo video:

As promised last September, here is a short excerpt (#1 of 3) from the book. I hope you find it of interest.

Excerpt from Chapter 1

A Troublesome Discovery

It seemingly came from nowhere, the proverbial bolt from the blue, the discovery of a massive new “void” or space deep within the superstructure of the Great Pyramid of Giza—a possible new pyramid chamber that is equal in size to the pyramid’s enormous Grand Gallery. The discovery of the “Big Void,” as it was dubbed by its discoverers, was an instant media sensation and one that reverberated all around the world. Indeed, such was the magnitude of this discovery that even people with little interest in ancient Egyptian history were openly discussing it and, naturally, speculating on what, if anything, might be found within.

Figure 1.1. The Grand Gallery within the Great Pyramid. The gallery is almost 30 feet in height, 154 feet in length, and is inclined at an angle of 26.5°. (Photo: Scott Creighton)

On November 2, 2017, an international team of around thirty-three scientists from the ScanPyramids project published the results of their two-year-long Great Pyramid research project in the journal Nature. Using a technique known as muon tomography (or simply muography), the ScanPyramids team set up their muon detectors inside and outside the Great Pyramid. Similar to x-rays, which are used to show different densities of matter within the human body, muons (which are by-products of cosmic rays) can be used to detect different densities of matter within solid rock, thus revealing areas where there are cavities or possible hidden chambers within the structure. The technology was first successfully used in the 1970s and since then has been used to probe the interiors of structures as diverse as volcanoes, glaciers, and even nuclear reactors.

The ScanPyramids project team was split into three separate groups, with each group working independently of the others using a different muography technique. All three groups reported identical findings with a confidence level of 99.9999 percent that the Big Void within the Great Pyramid truly is a real structural anomaly within the monument and not simply a statistical anomaly. In short, the scientists detected a massive space almost as large as, and a short distance above, the Grand Gallery of the Great Pyramid (fig. 1.2), a space that could turn out to be a truly massive hidden chamber.

Figure 1.2. The interior chambers of the Great Pyramid, including the Big Void above the Grand Gallery.
(Image: Scott Creighton)

And with this discovery, a new chapter in our understanding of this most ancient monument was about to begin.

Or was it?

World Reaction

The reaction to the discovery of the Big Void from leading Egyptologists and other academics around the world was perplexing, to say the least, with some people talking about the “discovery of the century” while others suggested that the data the ScanPyramids team presented was actually in error and that no new space exists in the Great Pyramid at all.

Zahi Hawass, former head of the Supreme Council of Antiquities in Egypt (now the Ministry of Antiquities), took the academic “no mystery, nothing to see here” attitude toward the ScanPyramids project’s data. Hawass led the ScanPyramids science committee overseeing the project and said:

"This is not a discovery. The pyramid is full of voids and that does not mean there is a secret chamber or a new discovery."

Leading American Egyptologist, Mark Lehner, who is on the ScanPyramids project’s review panel, also waded into the controversy, stating about the discovery:

"Right now it’s just a big difference; it’s an anomaly. But we need more of a focus on it especially in a day and age when we can no longer go blasting our way through the pyramid with gunpowder as [British] Egyptologist Howard Vyse did in the early 1800s."

While Hawass and other Egyptologists insist on caution in making any official pronouncement as to what the Big Void actually is (or may be), other investigators in the project have been more forthcoming with their views.

"Sébastien Procureur, from CEA-IRFU, University of Paris-Saclay, emphasized that muography only sees large features, and that the team’s scans were not just picking up a general porosity inside the pyramid.

“With muons you measure an integrated density,” he explained. “So, if there are holes everywhere then the integrated density will be the same, more or less, in all directions, because everything will be averaged. But if you see some excess of muons, it means that you have a bigger void.

“You don’t get that in a Swiss cheese.”

Mehdi Tayoubi of the Heritage Innovation Preservation Institute in France and codirector of the ScanPyramids project believes this massive cavity within the Great Pyramid to have been a deliberate construction.

"When you know the pyramids, and the perfection of the pyramids, it’s hard to imagine that it’s an accident. . . .We don’t know whether this big void is horizontal or inclined; we don’t know if this void is made by one structure or several successive structures. What we are sure about is that this big void is there; that it is impressive; and that it was not expected as far as I know by any sort of theory. . . .It’s not a false start, where they tried something and abandoned it. The engineering and design of this structure was carefully planned. It’s not an irregularity of construction. We leave the door open to discuss this with Egyptologists.

Tayoubi makes an important point here, and it is one that is unlikely to have been missed by the Egyptologists: the discovery of the Big Void “was not expected as far as I know by any sort of theory . . . and . . . was carefully planned.” In other words, this discovery is a troublesome one for Egyptology for if this anomalous void truly does turn out to be another giant chamber deep within the Great Pyramid, then its presence simply does not fit with the carefully constructed “tomb of the pharaoh” narrative we have all read in our school textbooks for the better part of two hundred years.

Continued...

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Chapter 1 Excerpt Continued

In 2019 the ScanPyramids project team performed further scans from several other locations within the Great Pyramid, including the Grand Gallery, the King’s Chamber, and also the small compartments high above the King’s Chamber (and thus above the Grand Gallery) in order to eliminate the possibility of any discovery being the result of a reflection or ghost image of the Grand Gallery... The new scans confirmed the 2017 results: the Big Void is a real, massive space located above the Grand Gallery (and not a reflection or ghost image), and its length, previously thought to be thirty meters, is now thought to be closer to forty meters. The team continued to scan up to the pyramid’s apex but did not detect any other significant unknown voids within the monument. As a result of the new findings, Hawass and Lehner have apparently changed their view of this discovery. Larry Pahl, director of the American Institute for Pyramid Research, said:

"As I write this (December, 2019), the Egyptian government has the Scan Pyramids team back in the relieving chambers above the Kings Chamber doing more scans and probing to find the best way to try and access that large void. The team has been quiet for several years after the discovery and worldwide announcement of the void. It took awhile for the Supreme Council to be convinced of that void, but now Dr. Zahi Hawass, and Dr. Mark Lehner are talking openly about it, as a possible store of something significant."

End of Excerpt

Excerpt #2 from my new book will be posted in the next few days or so.

SC

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Scott Creighton

I just caught the Scan Pyramids special on Nova and found it fascinating. Did you collaborate with them at all during or after the surveys?

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   

You have always brought interesting content and look forward to learn about your thoughts on this subject. I really hope that we do not have to wait some ten years before the Zahi Hawasses of egypt start sharing what this void is about. And not to forget this other space above the "official" entrance.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hi,

I did approach them but, alas, since they were heavily 'chastised' by academia by releasing their 2017 findings to the international press (before consulting Mr Z. Hawass), they are a lot less willing to talk to anyone and will only do so to mainstream press when authority is given.

SC

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yeah, I get it. Too bad, I thought their research was meticulous and I'm excited to see what, if anything, is found in that void they discovered.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Not looked it over yet. Is Gary Osborn involved with this one?

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well, you and I both. And that's the point of my new book. While everyone marvels at the technology used to discover the Big Void and others still ponder what may be discovered therein, no one (insofar as I am aware) ever stopped to consider if the Ancient Egyptians themselves had anything to say about it. Well, their descendants, the Coptic-Egyptians, had a fair amount to say on the matter but, as seems typical, what they say is simply brushed aside by mainstream Egyptology as nothing more than myth and legend.

The new book presents a considerable challenge to their "myth and legend" narrative.

Best,

SC

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

Hi,

No, Gary wasn't involved in this project although he did read over some of the material and provided me with a brilliant insight (which he is duly credited for in the book).

Best,

SC

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Ok. Thankyou for your response on this.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   
my interest is piqued. hopefully another piece of the puzzle to how the machine worked. i think though that the answers lie with the sphinx, that should be the focus of everything there.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Thanks for the info, looking forward to what you put together and thanks for a thread on an interesting topic.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

I couldn't agree more.

Best,

SC

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It's where the pharaoh hid his weed.
edit on 29-6-2021 by Homefree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well if good ol Graham Hancock put his stamp of approval on it, then it’s a go for me.
I look forward to reading it.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I wonder what they ‘took’ from this newly discovered chamber……I doubt we will ever know the truth

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Pre-ordered on audible. Can't wait to give it a listen.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'm in for a copy.
I've amassed quite a library from Bear & Co. over the years.

Did you ever meet Sitchin?

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Scott, what we refer to as the grand gallery is actually only the supporting structure/tunnels for the real grand gallery ...

Which is on the other side of the walls

The real inside of the pyramids (on the other side of the walls) is where you find all the hieroglyphs

The pyramids are as deep as they are tall. They cut out of the ground, as they built upwards. You used to be able to access the proper insides through the so-called "unfinished chamber", before they filled it in to prevent people from entering the insides of the pyramid, or even knowing they are there/existed

There is a pathway that runs all the way from underneath (and around) the "unfinished chamber", that winds all the way up to the tip of the pyramid

There are hieroglyphs all the way along the winding "gallery". The middle section is what is referred to as the grand gallery. It is a massive chamber covered in hieroglyphs that wraps around the front of what we mistakenly today call "the grand gallery"

There should also be pathways underneath, linking the pyramids

I've done a fair bit of research into this myself

The most interesting part to me, is that we are yet to find the twin Sphinx

Sphinx are never alone. They always come in pairs. In fact, the chest plate for the Sphinx clearly depicts the Sphinx as being one of a pair

I believe it is buried in the sand somewhere South, South-West, of the known Sphinx

But it's definitely there somewhere. They did not/would not build just one Sphinx

I've had some very clear visions/dreams regarding the insides of the pyramids and Sphinx. They were beautiful. I could detail what I saw, if you are interested

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Cool, thank you for your work on this, I look forward to reading.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join