It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predict The Winners Of The European Championships 2020

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I don't know Portugal has Ronaldo and I feel not much else. They're pretty old and not that hungry.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

He's already scored 5 goals in 3 games.

With Ronaldo in your team anything is possible.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Yeah well no because you cut him off and the whole gameplay crumbles. It makes Portugal really vulnerable.

Did you see how he put away the cokes "drink water" I love him.
And he's a machine.

edit on 25-6-2021 by Peeple because: add

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Yes i did.

He was right in doing it, he doesn't want to be seen associating with an unhealthy soda drink. Water is a must for sports people and thats what he wanted to point out.

More players should follow his example

Having said that, years ago when he was playing for Man Utd he sponsored coke. Theres photo's of him holding a can of coke. Im putting that down to naievity
edit on 25/6/21 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   

It's a sponsor so I'm pretty sure he got in trouble for that. Even if it's probably no1 cause of diabetes...
Also (so funny) security at the Allianz Arena Munich didn't recognise him and he almost didn't get in. Can you imagine the world's most famous player...!? WTF?!

He raises his so'n alone and just... a true unicorn. I believe that you can also see how he really grew and now is really himself and pretty much doesn't give a # anymore about what people say.

edit on 25-6-2021 by Peeple because: add

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Exactly, and the way everyone should be. Not giving a toss what others think of you.

We are lucky to be around these days to see him play. There wont be another like him (or Messi) for at least a generation.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

He's already scored 5 goals in 3 games.

With Ronaldo in your team anything is possible.

He hasn't done much, 5 goals which 3 of them were penalties. Other than than his performance has been poor this tournament.
The fact that his spirit uplifts the whole team is another thing for sure.
Bernardo Silva and Renato Sanches has been the best players for Portugal so far. Let's also not forget the good performance of Rui Patrício.
Belgium has a good chance to beat this team especially if they all play at 100% top level
Let's see what Sunday gives.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I predict ITaly v Netherlands Final with Italy to win but a surprise team could well be in the final: Ukraine.

I think Italy will beat Austria and Belgium will beat Portugal and I've gone for Italy to beat Belgium 1-0 and then beat whoever they meet in the semi's which may be a surprise team, either Switzerland or Croatia.

Netherlands look the best from the 8 teams on the right.

But you never know... I could be completely wrong.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Hate to openly admit it, but I think those dastardly French will win the tournament.

Italy look good, but the best team in the Group stages rarely wins the competition.

The Netherlands do look the strongest team in the other half of the draw....but I would never rule out Germany.
I wouldn't be surprised if they start improving.

You know my thoughts on England; we have the talent, unfortunately the managers negative and predictable tactics are massive drawbacks.

Shock winners aren't unheard of in the Euro's - Greece and Denmark spring to mind - so a punt on one of the outsiders may pay off.

I haven't had a bet in these finals - a quite remarkable achievement for me - I'll wait until England get knocked out before weighing up the odds.
However, I do wish I'd backed Italy at the start of the tournament when they were the value bet.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Italy are looking extremely strong. Its gonna take an immense performance to beat them.

From the right side i agree with Holland making it to the final. Them or Germany

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

So who's in the final and who's the winner?

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   

There are eo e cracking matches in prospect!

I'm going with

Wales v England semi final 1, England win
Italy v France semi final 2, France win

England v France, France win on penalties.

France, btw, only win because I, personally, didn't think to say "je sans frontier" before the last England penalty. A bad decision that will haunt me for years to come.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Are you really making me say this again? lol

I think France will win the tournament.

There, I've said it.
I feel dirty, unclean and as if I've betrayed 1000 years of history....but, that's just how I see it.

I suspect they'll meet Belgium in the semi's - that could be a cracking game.

I think any one of a number of teams could win through to the final in the other half.
Anything can happen in 90minutes of football.....you never know, England could shock us all and win!

But at present I think it'll be a France v Netherlands final.
If that happens I will be wearing clogs and drinking Oranjeboom.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Portugal, England or Denmark gonna come out on top.

Rooting for Denmark.. my homeland, gonna play against Wales tomorrow.

Im rooting for Wales my Celtic brethren. But hey, its all good as long as we get a good game of football. Could well go to extra time and penalties. It looks like a draw to me.

DNA OF THE NATION REVEALED:
www.ancestry.com...

DNA STUDY REVEALS CELTIC IS NOT A UNIQUE GENETIC GROUP:
www.bbc.co.uk...

As for the English? Dont you know what they are like come tournament time? They live on the spirit of 1966, when they won The World Cup. They have this chant "football's coming home" which they believe is true, bless 'em. But it wouldn't be the same without the English their excitement is infectious.

NOBODY mentions 1966 but Scotland, Ireland and Wales when talking about England.

Plus "football coming home" was and is a meme for people having a laugh.

England's expectations are always the same. Get knocked out in the Quarterfinals, normally on penalties. But whenever they get past that stage, it does make me laugh when the haters start to get nose bleeds. haha

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: gortex

I wasn't aware I was playing.

Gortex just called you "player". LOL !

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   

So post your finalists and winner

Based on FIFA World Rankings:
Final
1 - Belgium (Winners)
4 - England (Runners-Up)

Semi-Finalists
2 - France (3rd Place)
10 - Denmark

Quarterfinalists
6 - Spain
7 - Italy
16 - Netherlands
18 - Sweden

2nd Round
5 - Portugal
12 - Germany
13 - Switzerland
14 - Croatia
17 - Wales
23 - Austria
24 - Ukraine
40 - Czech Republic

However, my prediction is an Italy v Germany final. With Germany being the winner. Italy may have peaked too early, and it's just a German thing to do, which is start poorly but somehow manage their way to the final and win the whole thing. Get past England and it's theirs, they always seem to have the best draws at a tournament.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

They will always be my Celtic brothers no matter what you post.

And dont you know friendly banter when you see it?

"footballs coming home" is sung on the terraces so i called it a chant. Of course i know its a meme and its a damn good song too.

You could well be right about the final. Italy look unbeatable.
But you're going for a Germany win?
Interesting, you're the first to say that
edit on 26/6/21 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Football is NOT coming home.

Yes, it was from a half decent football song - not as good as World in Motion but hey, what is? - but its taken on a life of its own and it gets on my tit ends!

I heard it on the radio in the car the other day and I thought 'Yeah, that's ok'.
My grandson changed stations and it came on there as well.
Changed stations again and within 10 minutes it came on again.

Had enough of it now.
The radio is banned until this tournament is over.

Baddiel & Skinner must make a #ing fortune out of it every two years!

Still, thank the Lord for small mercies; at least everybody isn't singing Vindabloodyloo!

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: gortex

I wasn't aware I was playing.

You're not but the team you are supporting are , in footballing terms (at least in my country) "you" is a collective term for the team and its supporters.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Football is NOT coming home.

It's coming home until it isn't.

While we're in it we can still win it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join