It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More weirdness with Lumber prices

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
fortune.com...

Biden administration could double Canadian lumber tariffs even as wood and construction costs soar

I wrote previously about rising lumber prices and general supplies costing more.

Now I truly believe something much deeper is going on. The other day I was stopped at a train track.
What was on that track, you ask? ... Well it was only filled to the brim with lumber. Sounds good right?
Nope, all of it was headed to CANADA!!! What in the Sam Hill?

I’ve heard from others that places are stockpiling lumber while prices go sky high.

So what do you think is going on? Here is where I think this is is all related to housing. I think tptb are trying to disrupt housing like we’ve never seen before.
I wonder if they thought Covid would do it but it backfired and everyone started investing in their places and those in apartments started moving out. Maybe this is a push to secure city real estate at rock bottom prices. All I know something is very amiss.

There are major things at play right now. Take a look around and see where the disruption is...
Lumber
Shipping/trucking
The meat industry has a target on it’s back
The electronic market/chips/microchips
All forms of customer service and low level jobs that could be done by robots

The next 3-5 years are going to be real interesting.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

There have been huge supply chain disruptions. I don't think there is anything nefarious, but many companies and industries have not been able to keep up with consumer demand and the shutdowns did a number on their supply chains.

I can't find an Xbox or a PS5. Plenty of other non-essential goods are hard to come by for some reason.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
"You will own nothing and be happy" - Klaus Schwab

Also known as the man who has never smiled in his entire life. Basically, the housing market is wrecked so you can't buy one nor can you afford to build one. Sounds like ole' buddy Klaus was onto something here in the same fashion as to how farmer Bill "predicted" the plandemic and now owns all the land, potentially planning to reduce food production hmm?

Or how a lifelong pervert and dementia patient is the most popular president in American history yet is universally hated by and mocked by the vast majority of Youtube who tend to be in the younger category who are generally liberally inclined.

I was planning on adding on to my backyard fence this summer but alas, not happening unless I take out a loan, which will not happen as financial slavery isn't my idea of a good time personally unlike most people I know seem to believe.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
As a Canadian I will let you in on a well known secret in my province, we cut the wood here, send the grade A stuff to the states, then its sent back from the US to Canadian Home Depots to be sold here to avoid selling grade B stuff here on their shelves.

So Home Depot buys it ships it to the US then back to Canada to retail grade 'A' lumber in its Canadian stores. All our best lumber is sent to the USA while us Canadians get grade 'B' and utility studs etc. I'm sure this also avoids other taxes or tariffs or something as well.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It will simmer down. There is evidence of hoarding but there is plenty of wood. Eventually there will be no place to store it.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianSpy

"You will own nothing and be happy" - Klaus Schwab

It sounds like someone who knows they should be locked up for the rest of their life projecting.

As for the lumber prices, once the blue cities implode and those that have been vaccinated pass on there should be a crash in housing prices as demand declines. Could also be why the dams in California are getting drained and farmed paid not to plant a crop. With Biden's America last policies, he is on board the depopulation agenda.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
We have lost control of our essential resources. I used to be in the carpentry trade. We had 5 lumber stores, and about 5 hardware stores. Then Lowes and Home Depot came to town. WOW...cheaper prices, get anything you need there, and a whole lot less choice and quality. Our resources are now controlled by BIG BUSINESS. Pretty soon they will tell you what to buy, and you won't have much choice.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Didn't the same thing happen with aluminum, about 8 or 9 years ago? They were crying "aluminum shortage" and proclaiming products in aluminum cans would be empty in stores, MEANWHILE off the coast near one of our ports sat a freighter ship FULL of aluminum.

Does anyone remember that?

It was Goldman Sachs manipulating the market

edit on 05/30/2021 by EdisonintheFM because: Breaking news: Biden endorses Gee, Your Hair Smell Terrific shampoo.

edit on 05/30/2021 by EdisonintheFM because: Added more garlic.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Unlike another poster, I believe it IS nefarious. Our whole town burned down last fall...in S. Oregon. An amazing feat of collaboration and moxy began rebuilding, anything to help the 100s or more in FEMA trailers.

Most all the homes EXCEPT the moneyed interest multi family dwellings have been stopped due to lumber, insurance companies simply will not pay.

Now take a look at Agenda 21/30 and the plans for the PNW. Then take a listen to K. Schwab as another poster pointed out...no higher degrees required, just a little connect the dots.

edit on 1-6-2021 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   

During WW2, my father used to wait near the battlefields, he waited until it was over to take all wood around from destroyed buildings and trees.

He sold it for heat and cooking. He was about 10 years old.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I was in home Depot yesterday and they had so much lumber and plywood that it was stacked all over the place and all the racks were full.
Yeah, I expected higher prices but $10 for a 2 x 4 is bull#...

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I was in home Depot yesterday and they had so much lumber and plywood that it was stacked all over the place and all the racks were full.

What would have costed me $150 max costed me $400 for the lumber I needed the other day. Had to do it as it was a safety hazard, other wise I would have waited for prices to drop back to normal.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Likewise. It did jump some where I am but it looks like the prices have stabilized and even gone down. Could be more of a regional situation? Not sure. I see demand going down. People not looking to take on personal projects with the summer, wanting to enjoy things again.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   
They TPTB are using all their tricks to cover for inflation..Hacks, gas shortage, smaller portions for slightly higher prices. etca reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

$10 2 x 4's
$47 1/2" OSB

I was going to build a new shed this summer but all of a sudden my old one looks pretty good.

I paid $39.99 for 14' metal roofing last fall and now it's over $60...

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

There have been huge supply chain disruptions. I don't think there is anything nefarious, but many companies and industries have not been able to keep up with consumer demand and the shutdowns did a number on their supply chains.

I can't find an Xbox or a PS5. Plenty of other non-essential goods are hard to come by for some reason.

I have several game systems that are practically new sitting in my basement...hmmmm time to offload them.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

$10 2 x 4's
$47 1/2" OSB

I was going to build a new shed this summer but all of a sudden my old one looks pretty good.

I was going to mention OSB... crazy crazy crazy

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

$10 2 x 4's
$47 1/2" OSB

I was going to mention OSB... crazy crazy crazy

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

House builders are starting up again now that the good weather is coming and covid restrictions are being lifted.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join