It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking up at 3am Are you Initiated

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

You can just feel the energy crackling in the air at 3:00am

Yes, and I love it. I love the smell, the thinness or thickness of the air, the glow at that time. I love the way it is not dark, but not light, and the stars are extra twinkly, and the moon, oh so lovely.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'm up at 3 to 3:30am every day (I suspect you already know this).

It's just when I wake up. When I was a teenager, I used to be able to sleep until 9 or 10am, but not anymore.

I like getting up early. I can get the chores done before daylight, and still have some time to get ready for the day.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
Quite interesting, but it seems the solid 8 hour sleep desirable today wasn't the norm up to the late 17th century.
In fact, the night was once divided into a "first sleep" (two hours after dusk, for four hours) and then people awoke for all kinds of solitary and social activities (I guess around 3 am) for two hours and then they retired for the "second sleep".

different areas, different sleep patterns. in at least some hot countries people will sleep (known as siesta in some places), in the hot afternoon. and thus tend to be awake until about 2 or 3 am before going to bed for the "night". many don't even have "supper" until 9 or 10 pm. that lets them be productive while it is cooler (and sunset is between 5:30 and 6:30 all year). this is changing a bit due to modern/western work hours, and even air conditioning becoming more used. it can get a bit funky with kids in school with their sleep times being dependent on which session of school they are in. with some sleeping in the afternoon after school and having lunch, where those in the afternoon/evening session sleeping further into the morning, having "lunch", then going to school for the day.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think it's simply that less people, less traffic, less noise, etc... = Better

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 11:27 PM
link   
We have well anchored sleeping patterns well established through sheer repetition after all we are creatures of habit.

Waking up at anytime throughout the night for no apparent reason is the result of a mind that cannot switch of and rest properly, in a word unsettled. As for specifically waking at 3am consistently a person needs to have pen and paper at the bedside and jot down their first lucid thought and try to recognize a pattern.

The body goes through a particular cleansing cycle and roughly 4 -5 hrs into sleep it becomes the livers turn to omit unfriendly chemicals. This process (bile) is most likely why the 3am wakers wake.

Any conclusions that 3am is some sort of spiritual sweetspot without actual spiritual contact is just wishful wishwash, delusional and old wives tales told to insomniacs in bedtime stories to help relax stressed minds and ease them back to sleep.

Peoples need to be spiritual special will have them entertain any rubbish indeed.... is that you brad???

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I'm still awake at 3 with the other goons.

I sometimes don't get home until 2 or 3 a.m. from a gig my band played somewhere. That makes it hard to participate with normal 9-5 society.
edit on 3-5-2021 by TrulyColorBlind because: Clarification.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: JAGStorm

Are you ever awoken by a knocking sound, like someone knocking on a wooden door? It inspired me to search and find this verse.

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock; if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” Revelation 3:20 KJV

Sometimes when I'm taking a long, hot shower, my waterheater in the basement starts making sounds that sound exactly like somebody knocking at my front door. I don't know how many times I've had to get out of the shower to check on it. Mostly, there's nobody there, but a few times, it has been the UPS guy or some delivery like that. So, I have to check just to make sure.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I usually wake up to get a drink at 330

I think people who go to bed at normal times like 10 or 11 usually have to go to the bathroom or get a drink by 3-4

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Actually I recall a play somewhere, and the character said: "I'm going into second sleep".

And the drama teacher said, yes "second sleep" is a metaphor for dying.
Now I see it just means taking a nap.

Oh dear, well that play was somewhat misinterpreted.
edit on 3-5-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Some of my greatest epiphanies come prior to the breaking of dawn.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
Quite interesting, but it seems the solid 8 hour sleep desirable today wasn't the norm up to the late 17th century.
In fact, the night was once divided into a "first sleep" (two hours after dusk, for four hours) and then people awoke for all kinds of solitary and social activities (I guess around 3 am) for two hours and then they retired for the "second sleep".

His book At Day's Close: Night in Times Past, published four years later, unearths more than 500 references to a segmented sleeping pattern - in diaries, court records, medical books and literature, from Homer's Odyssey to an anthropological account of modern tribes in Nigeria. Much like the experience of Wehr's subjects, these references describe a first sleep which began about two hours after dusk, followed by waking period of one or two hours and then a second sleep. "It's not just the number of references - it is the way they refer to it, as if it was common knowledge," Ekirch says. During this waking period people were quite active. They often got up, went to the toilet or smoked tobacco and some even visited neighbours. Most people stayed in bed, read, wrote and often prayed. Countless prayer manuals from the late 15th Century offered special prayers for the hours in between sleeps. And these hours weren't entirely solitary - people often chatted to bed-fellows or had sex. A doctor's manual from 16th Century France even advised couples that the best time to conceive was not at the end of a long day's labour but "after the first sleep", when "they have more enjoyment" and "do it better". Ekirch found that references to the first and second sleep started to disappear during the late 17th Century. This started among the urban upper classes in northern Europe and over the course of the next 200 years filtered down to the rest of Western society.

www.bbc.com...

Such a cool factoid. So commonplace in our past as to not appear to be particularly note worthy.
edit on 3-5-2021 by Dalamax because: Make me sentence proper

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I've had that happen several times over the past year or so. Usually I'll hear knocking in my sleep & it jolts me right awake, my heart pounding. Not a pleasant way to start the day.

reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

edit on 3-5-2021 by KleptoAdeptus because: Fat fingers

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I've consistently had this problem for years and I've been interested in why this happens to some people. I've read all those things about second sleep, spiritual, etc and I do wonder if it is something, some instinct, burned into our DNA that has had some use in the past. For those that have this...they know it's not the same as needing to get up and go to the bathroom. Your mind is immediately wide awake and active. Many nights I read or write and ideas and thoughts seem to be much more clear and just flow. And yes, the stars, the smells, everything seems more crisp. It's quite an enjoyable time. When it hits around 4:30 or so I feel really relaxed and am able to go back to bed and sleep well for a couple more hours. Sometimes, though, I just stay awake and start my day. I have asked a lot of people about this and have noticed that it seems more common among women....at least those in my circle.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
3:00am is always the time horror movies use for haunting and bad stuff happening.

I wonder where the whole 3am thing comes from.

I've woken up at 3 before and it is weird, because when I do and I see the clock I associate it with horror movies ang get nervous but I fall back asleep.

It doesn't happen often because I normal go to bed around 1 or 2 am

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Hello Jagstorm,

I do the 3 am thing most of the time. I have recently retired.. and I thought my sleep time would change; but it hasn't.

I was usually an early riser due to working 12 hour shift work; and it also caused never knowing when to be asleep or awake. It involved 50% night shifts too.

I enjoy that time of the morning and until dawn....and just after dawn for a few hours.

It is so nice and peaceful, no manmade noises messing up the serenity, you know? And as dawn approaches, I hear the birds going off...which doesn't bother me at all.

Very light internet traffic too.

Being in Oz, rising at that time, I usually get to see some of the breaking news before other places wake up.. Depending on where the news event is at, of course.

I will mention that beyond coincidence, you would be totally amazed at how many times I wake up at 11:11, or 1:11....
But that is another topic I reckon, but it does drive me almost insane sometimes, wondering what the heck is with the timing of these odd awakenings.

Pravdaseeker

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

at 11:11, or 1:11....

After 9/11 I would see 9 11 everywhere. It drives me bonkers. I hate it.
I think they did some kind of subliminal messaging to the population over here regarding 9.11

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I have been a night owl for most of my life. I too enjoy the wee hours of the morning. I am usually wide awake at 3:00am. It is the middle of the day for me. I agree with the ones who mentioned it being a special time with special feelings. The best I can describe it is a feeling of excited anticipation. It is my favorite time of the day because few people are awake and It is a peaceful time to think and ponder. Bachman-Turner Overdrive has a song called "Blue Collar""Blue Collar" that describes it perfectly for me. I have never encountered anything special happening at that specific time of the morning. After all it is 3:00am somewhere on the planet at any given time. Four different times in the lower forty-eight states. I live deep in the woods. Walking in those woods early in the morning when it is still dark reveals an entirely different world. Especially when there is a full moon.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 01:17 AM
link   

The world was designed with fractal geometry.
It is no surprise that you'll find patterns in everything in life.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: kiliker30

I agree. It seems everything has a pattern. Even chaos. The Golden Ratio comes to mind.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Do you wake up at 3amish?

I'm lucky if I'm asleep by 3am-ish -.-

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join