It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trick against fire face after touching with chilli hands

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

On day 2 of pizza ,making, we will cover handwashing.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Once worked at a Denny’s and they used to make us marry the condiments. Was doing the Tabasco then headed to the bathroom. Was not pleasant lol

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I know im too late to help, but if it happens again cut a tomato in half and rub it on the exposed skin area. Its amazing for any type of burn better than any cream. Learnt it from my Russian gf and i reckon it might work with chilli burn

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99
Touché!

I ground(?) the chili, cut the pizza, put my hands under flowing water (I washed them with soap just before), shook my hands into the sink, a droplet of water hit my face and that's when I wiped it away.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 51Reasons

You did the Tabasco in front of your work mates?

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge
Thank you, it's never to late because others can read it so it may not help me now but others.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
I fig
ured it might not be appropriate but it's a common human treat, why shame it

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:15 AM
link   

It's a good thing you didn't go pee !

Now *THAT* is hell in your pants...

Talk about a fire hose...

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: KansasGirl
Love you too, stay healthy and don't repeat my mistake.

I am not a man though. Not often correcting it but for you I do it.

hugs*

Aheh, disregard my last post then.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Look what wikipedia says about removal. I didn't even look, did not expect that there would be a section about helping against irritation after skin contact.

Treatment after exposure
The primary treatment is removal from exposure. Contaminated clothing should be removed and placed in airtight bags to prevent secondary exposure.

For external exposure, bathing the mucous membrane surfaces that have contacted capsaicin with oily compounds such as vegetable oil, paraffin oil, petroleum jelly (Vaseline), creams, or polyethylene glycol is the most effective way to attenuate the associated discomfort; since oil and capsaicin are both hydrophobic hydrocarbons, the capsaicin that has not already been absorbed into tissues will be picked up into solution and easily removed. Capsaicin can also be washed off the skin using soap, shampoo, or other detergents. Plain water is ineffective at removing capsaicin.[28] Capsaicin is soluble in alcohol, which can be used to clean contaminated items.[28]

When capsaicin is ingested, cold milk is an effective way to relieve the burning sensation (due to caseins having a detergent effect on capsaicin[32]), and room-temperature sugar solution (10%) at 20 °C (68 °F) is almost as effective.[33] The burning sensation will slowly fade away over several hours if no actions are taken.

Capsaicin-induced asthma might be treated with oral antihistamines or corticosteroids.[31]

This covers a lot of what has been handled here.
edit on 2.5.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

a reply to: KansasGirl
Love you too, stay healthy and don't repeat my mistake.

I am not a man though. Not often correcting it but for you I do it.

hugs*

Thanks for the correction! In this case I was using “man” as a general term- but I appreciate the info! Definitely don’t want to misgender anyone. 😜 Big hugs!

Check her avatar. She must be the coolest kicka$$ girl in town.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Look what wikipedia says about removal. I didn't even look, did not expect that there would be a section about helping against irritation after skin contact.

Treatment after exposure
The primary treatment is removal from exposure. Contaminated clothing should be removed and placed in airtight bags to prevent secondary exposure.

For external exposure, bathing the mucous membrane surfaces that have contacted capsaicin with oily compounds such as vegetable oil, paraffin oil, petroleum jelly (Vaseline), creams, or polyethylene glycol is the most effective way to attenuate the associated discomfort; since oil and capsaicin are both hydrophobic hydrocarbons, the capsaicin that has not already been absorbed into tissues will be picked up into solution and easily removed. Capsaicin can also be washed off the skin using soap, shampoo, or other detergents. Plain water is ineffective at removing capsaicin.[28] Capsaicin is soluble in alcohol, which can be used to clean contaminated items.[28]

When capsaicin is ingested, cold milk is an effective way to relieve the burning sensation (due to caseins having a detergent effect on capsaicin[32]), and room-temperature sugar solution (10%) at 20 °C (68 °F) is almost as effective.[33] The burning sensation will slowly fade away over several hours if no actions are taken.

Capsaicin-induced asthma might be treated with oral antihistamines or corticosteroids.[31]

This covers a lot of what has been handled here.

Hahaha...., at the end it's always about lubrication.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman
This is kind of funny, I explain to you why.

I kind of get two reactions from guys in general: acceptance or ridicule/feeling threatened. It isn't easy for a young women to compete in races. A lot of times my name was mispronounced (male version of my name).

I am not your typical girly-girl, my past was rough and the most influencing person to me was my foster dad. He built me up after I lost my parents. He didn't cut me any slack soon after I healed up. He brought me into engine works and later racing. That was the biggest gift I could ever get, because I overcame my fear of sitting in a car again. I turned my fear into the drive to master the physics of a car. Some may say I clutch on to this or identify too much with it.

It's addiction to physical input the more input I get, the more alive I feel. If you are curious look at my threads in the short story forum.

His own daughter didn't have lot's of interest sharing time with her father, I on the other hand craved stability and a guiding hand, which he was to me and I think we were both so similar, we came down from the same gene line and we shared a lot of similarities. He's was my uncle at the same time, adopted me after the crash, again supported me when I got pregnant.

As tough, direct and challenging I may be sometimes, I am really an emphatic person, with lot's of energy. Last year I had a breakdown though and lost a very good friend (to me at least). According to him he is way happier now so I accept that since I don't hold a grudge but accepted that I may have been his personal energy vampire.

You see I am very open, I got mobbed in school for some leftover issues after the accident, I lisp too, I learned that if rumors are spread it's best to be attrociosly open and direct, that takes the wind out of their sail very quick.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Someone should make a movie about you.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I'm in cold sweat now, don't ever crumble a chilli with your hands

Or use gloves...

🤔

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Dip your pizza on your face? JK JK JK

Baking soda and water, or real soap (Castile soap)
Don’t ask me how I know.

Also, don’t chop jalapeños and wash your hand and think they are truly washed.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman
You mean like I would be like the Forrest Gump of motor sports lol.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

Guess what, I normally use them as I also used the to harvest and handle. But the last one was so lush I didn't mind a lot.

It was stupid yes.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Methyl counteracts Niacin and niacin counteracts methyl. So possibly some mint source of some kind might work. You can use methyl or hot peppers to sooth pain, but each treat a different kind of pain.

The resulting chemistry of combining the two is Ammonia forming which can also cause skin irritation...reddening of skin...but it will counteract the hot.

Even though milk contains niacin, it contains more methyl compounds. Ethyl also counteracts hot sauce especially if you drink it. So, just rub some vodka on your face.

I actually have not tried any of this, I have only read how it works. But I know that hot peppery food does lose the burn if you drink a seven and seven or rum and coke....I have experience with that. A shot of brandy with a shot of tabasco doesn't burn nearly as much as the tabasco alone...I have experience with that back in the early seventies.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I accidently touched my face after recklessly crumbling a dried chilli pepper over my pizza.

Yeah serves me well. Now please can someone tell me a remedy because I tried washing my face and it's just getting worser by the seconds.

The pizza is not of my concern now, I currently sit here with a towel to keep sweat getting into my eye region.

It's been ten minutes of duckduckgo and nothing worked. My pores feel like there's coming lava out.

Wear a mask

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join