It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China’s social credit program creeps into Canada

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Thanks to social media we have many people addicted to showing videos of themselves doing the most inane of activities. Not having to video themselves and what they're having for dinner likely is appealing to them.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

originally posted by: Raggedyman
It can’t be stopped, the end game, control of every human being
Been warned, been coming, it’s here

I always love an enthusiastic and courageous positive outlook. A person we can depend on, who will fight until their last breath for our freedoms.../s

Really?
Should I pretend?
You will possibly fight alright but you can’t win, they already control the politicians (didn’t you notice), the media (obviously), the financial institutions (yes) and education system (preschool to university).

You can pretend you are a hero but history teaches otherwise.

I will fight, just not like you, it’s not a physical war for me

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

dollars to doughnuts walmart has already struck a deal with them a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok
So, in other news...Canada has the CCP knocking at their door in BC.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada: China’s Orwellian “social credit system” that records the social and financial behaviour of individuals and corporations across China, using a vast surveillance system, has expanded globally, and is now openly operational at the renowned Haidilao hot pot restaurant, in Western Canada.

Ryan Pan, a manager with Haidilao Hot Pot in Vancouver confirmed that over 60 surveillance cameras have been installed in the restaurant at the request of the Haidilao corporation, as part of the social credit system in China. He said that the Vancouver location has 30 tables with two cameras assigned to each table.

When asked specifically why Haidilao required so many cameras to monitor staff and patrons, Ryan Pan said that the cameras were installed to “punish” staff if they didn’t adhere to corporate standards and to “people track”. Pan also said that the video is sent back to China but declined to say why this was, other than to say the reason for this was “secret.”

Here is the Source .

If the PM didn't see this coming, and a small business (owned by a Chinese company) willingly allows this to take place, where is the uproar? Do Canadians just go along with this swimmingly? Is this the new "norm"?

I, for one, despise that this is even being thought of as a good idea anywhere in the world and will fight tooth and nail against it. This world has no place for a control system designed to reprimand it's subjects with cameras and a "social credit score".

What say you, ATS?

I'm in BC. Tried speaking out in a tiny subtle way, like just sharing that I disagreed. Nothing. Lost friends, family saddened by my "mental state", boss now sending me drunk, virtue signalling bull# messages in the middle of the night. It's lost. Over. I've spent my life trying to figure this out and got nowhere.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Wow, 30 tables operating on one building in this pandemic?

Is this Texas or Canada, eh?

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Chinese propaganda is strong. Asians are suddenly the most hated people everywhere. I wonder how long it will be before we are told we need to accept this so as not to "hate" Asians and be "inclusive" of their culture?

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There was literally just an interview here featuring Asian students living in Halifax (Nova Scotia) and one of the participants said:

I've had people years ago ask me if I could do kung fu ...Those questions came out more from rural Nova Scotia areas. I spent most of my time in the [Halifax Regional Municipality] so I remember feeling an alienation and a kind of erasure of my identity, both from within and from the environment around me.

So in response to a horrendous crime, where people were murdered, and she lives in a place with almost no cases of violence against asians, she equates with... kids asked me if I knew Kung Fu! Okay....

Then...

I think that contributed to just making the racialized individual feel that they are kind of forced to learn the rules here, to conform to the cultural norms here ... I think in terms of being Chinese, the way that mainland Chinese youth are raised is more in a school system where you are kind of trained and ask to fit in, to blend in, so I think a lot of international students come here carrying that way to be, and that also contributes to this external and internal pressure of having to conform, and that internal struggle. 

So... she wants to be able to practice her cultural norm of being forced to fit into an incredibly homogenized mold... but not be expected to respect cultural "norms" (which are pretty varied here, people don't care enough to stop anyone from practicing theirs anymore, all though we do have a horrific history of shutting down culture.).

I don't know, I just didn't get that comment, maybe because I'm not Asian.

Anyways, I personally do feel, and I've seen people in our Asian community deal with racism surrounding Covid 19, mostly from just the lowest of the low Karens and a**holes, but no Asians are being killed here.

Here's a link to the interview if anyone wants to see how weird this narrative is in a province with very few Asian people and 0 high profile white on asian violence.

Link

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

She never answered if she could do Kung Fu, dammit.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

I bet she can, but a real Kung Fu master stays humble.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Ah, good point, Sensei

Grasshopper has much to learn...

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Wax on, wax off.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I would agree with you, except when it comes to Chinese in Vancouver, they regularly avoid paying taxes and launder money to and from China. They don't actually have much regard for Canada or being Canadian. Many of them buy property here as investments and send the money back to China. This has driven houses prices in Vancouver to the point of insanity. Because of all this, the quality of property development overall in BC has just become shoddy garbage. They don't build for locals, they build for Chinese investors.

I literally walked past the Aviara on Gilmore while a long line of potential Chinese investors who'd been flown in at the developers expense were lined up ready to view the properties.

I watched that building for a couple years after that. It stayed at least 50% empty for the years i lived in the area. Such a waste so some people in China can get rich.

Our government encourages it. My girlfriend came from the UK, it took her years before she could take the citizenship test. Chinese immigrants are fast tracked. Many of the questions my girlfriend took for her citizenship test were questions about MLA's in Richmond. Richmond has a huge Chinese population, a lot of signs aren't even in English in Richmond. The only other language apart from English or French she had to the option to take the test in was Chinese...they let you take the Canadian citizenship test in Chinese....We have two official languages in Canada...Chinese is not one of them.
edit on 19/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I have no issues with monitoring staff.

I take exception that whatever their actions are while working abroad, good or bad, be used as status leverage upon returning home someday.
edit on 19-4-2021 by TheResidentAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The data is being sent back to CCP for analysis, where it is entered into their "record" for being good little worker bees.

No, Canada may not expel anyone, but should work (even lack thereof depending on the footage) performed on Canadian soil be a reason for that person, or their family members to become "undesirable" in their home country.

E.g. You performing badly at your job in Canada might mean that your brother back in China never gets employed by a company there. Basically social status guilt by association.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
I'm in BC. Tried speaking out in a tiny subtle way, like just sharing that I disagreed. Nothing. Lost friends, family saddened by my "mental state", boss now sending me drunk, virtue signalling bull# messages in the middle of the night. It's lost. Over. I've spent my life trying to figure this out and got nowhere.

Oh seriously? I'm sorry that truly sucks.
I'm with asktheanimals on this one.

Social media is perpetuating this apathy.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Also, bearing in mind that 2x cameras are installed PER TABLE it's highly likely that the data being sent to CCP is only aimed at staff, but more likely gathering data of those dining.

Chinese Facial Recognition software is absolutely scary as hell and I'd guess anyone that dines there is getting put into the CCP database along with their name, credit card details, and conversation topics.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheResidentAlien
Also, bearing in mind that 2x cameras are installed PER TABLE it's highly likely that the data being sent to CCP is only aimed at staff, but more likely gathering data of those dining.

Chinese Facial Recognition software is absolutely scary as hell and I'd guess anyone that dines there is getting put into the CCP database along with their name, credit card details, and conversation topics.

So they've installed two handy mask hanging stations at every table?

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Both of my grandpa's killed these ccp punks.
I'll gladly join the military and finish the job if I need to.
This is getting insane.
I want to know where the military stands on all the nonsense.

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Corr

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
It can’t be stopped, the end game, control of every human being
Been warned, been coming, it’s here

People still buy into the illusion that the 99% is stronger than the 1% when the 1% control our food, water, electricity, economy, police force. Not to mention the various weapons we know and don't know of. Our sticks and stones are no threat for them. The only thing we could do would be to revolt and sabatoge their plan. We'd die but they would have no one to control. We need to all be united and on the same page in order for that to ever happen so it most likely never will.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I would agree with you, except when it comes to Chinese in Vancouver, they regularly avoid paying taxes and launder money to and from China. They don't actually have much regard for Canada or being Canadian. Many of them buy property here as investments and send the money back to China. This has driven houses prices in Vancouver to the point of insanity. Because of all this, the quality of property development overall in BC has just become shoddy garbage. They don't build for locals, they build for Chinese investors.

I literally walked past the Aviara on Gilmore while a long line of potential Chinese investors who'd been flown in at the developers expense were lined up ready to view the properties.

I watched that building for a couple years after that. It stayed at least 50% empty for the years i lived in the area. Such a waste so some people in China can get rich.

Our government encourages it. My girlfriend came from the UK, it took her years before she could take the citizenship test. Chinese immigrants are fast tracked. Many of the questions my girlfriend took for her citizenship test were questions about MLA's in Richmond. Richmond has a huge Chinese population, a lot of signs aren't even in English in Richmond. The only other language apart from English or French she had to the option to take the test in was Chinese...they let you take the Canadian citizenship test in Chinese....We have two official languages in Canada...Chinese is not one of them.

I know all of that goes on. I lived in Van for awhile in my younger days.

We can't just lump a whole nationality into a stereotype though. What about the Chinese Canadians that live in my city? They don't do any of those things...

Remember when they built or railway and we treated them like absolute animals? Those peoples children ARE Canadian...period.

I don't agree with the Government supporting this crap or with those who take advantage. That has nothing to do with their nationality though. They are victims of the CCP too. That's what tyranny is.

<< 1    3 >>

join