It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China’s social credit program creeps into Canada

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   
So, in other news...Canada has the CCP knocking at their door in BC.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada: China’s Orwellian “social credit system” that records the social and financial behaviour of individuals and corporations across China, using a vast surveillance system, has expanded globally, and is now openly operational at the renowned Haidilao hot pot restaurant, in Western Canada.

Ryan Pan, a manager with Haidilao Hot Pot in Vancouver confirmed that over 60 surveillance cameras have been installed in the restaurant at the request of the Haidilao corporation, as part of the social credit system in China. He said that the Vancouver location has 30 tables with two cameras assigned to each table.

When asked specifically why Haidilao required so many cameras to monitor staff and patrons, Ryan Pan said that the cameras were installed to “punish” staff if they didn’t adhere to corporate standards and to “people track”. Pan also said that the video is sent back to China but declined to say why this was, other than to say the reason for this was “secret.”

Here is the Source .

If the PM didn't see this coming, and a small business (owned by a Chinese company) willingly allows this to take place, where is the uproar? Do Canadians just go along with this swimmingly? Is this the new "norm"?

I, for one, despise that this is even being thought of as a good idea anywhere in the world and will fight tooth and nail against it. This world has no place for a control system designed to reprimand it's subjects with cameras and a "social credit score".

What say you, ATS?

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It can’t be stopped, the end game, control of every human being
Been warned, been coming, it’s here

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It sounds like a den of communist spies with a firm foothold. Why would they do business outside of China and still follow the communist programs unless they were full blown commies? They wouldn't.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I personally enjoy the fact that the owner said the reason they sent videos back to China was a "secret". Is this malicious intent? Is this just another foothold that China wants to creep into Western society?

I have so many questions.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

I don't think Canadians will go along with this "swimmingly". Now that this is out, people will be weirded out about it.

I imagine the company only hires either foreign workers, chinese students on Visas (under the table), or recent immigrants.

So creepy.

I'm in NS, where our Asian population is at under 2%. Racism against every race no doubt exists here, but yesterday I heard a Nova Scotia specific radio spot that said, "We're your mothers, brothers, friends, co-workers, stop killing us. Stop Asian hate." (Paraphrasing).

How ridiculous is that? I don't think there has ever been a racially motivated killing of an Asian person here. (Not a publicly known case anyways.)

Meanwhile, they're running the ad on the anniversary of last years mass shooting where a white guy killed 23 white people. And in a year where the 3 homicides have been gang/drug related.

🙄🙄🙄🙄

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   

It's a restaurant, right?? Well, here's to hoping people just stop eating there and let the place go out of business. If people continue to eat there then they deserve all that comes from it.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok
So, in other news...Canada has the CCP knocking at their door in BC.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada: China’s Orwellian “social credit system” that records the social and financial behaviour of individuals and corporations across China, using a vast surveillance system, has expanded globally, and is now openly operational at the renowned Haidilao hot pot restaurant, in Western Canada.

Ryan Pan, a manager with Haidilao Hot Pot in Vancouver confirmed that over 60 surveillance cameras have been installed in the restaurant at the request of the Haidilao corporation, as part of the social credit system in China. He said that the Vancouver location has 30 tables with two cameras assigned to each table.

When asked specifically why Haidilao required so many cameras to monitor staff and patrons, Ryan Pan said that the cameras were installed to “punish” staff if they didn’t adhere to corporate standards and to “people track”. Pan also said that the video is sent back to China but declined to say why this was, other than to say the reason for this was “secret.”

Here is the Source .

If the PM didn't see this coming, and a small business (owned by a Chinese company) willingly allows this to take place, where is the uproar? Do Canadians just go along with this swimmingly? Is this the new "norm"?

I, for one, despise that this is even being thought of as a good idea anywhere in the world and will fight tooth and nail against it. This world has no place for a control system designed to reprimand it's subjects with cameras and a "social credit score".

What say you, ATS?

I'm actually pleasantly surprised at my fellow Canadians for telling the government to GFYS concerning the "stop and ID" crap.

This is a whole other deal though. Like it or not a Private Company and/or Corporation can do whatever they want with the data they gather from their place of business or the Public at large.

I don't agree with it, of course, but we'll need to change Law to stop this from happening.

My Social Credit Score is 666, is that bad?

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

It's a restaurant, right?? Well, here's to hoping people just stop eating there and let the place go out of business. If people continue to eat there then they deserve all that comes from it.

The asian population in Vancouver will definitely still eat there. There are so many immigrants there from China, and Hong Kong especially who China is trying to keep an eye on.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   
it'll be here in the US before we know it, welcomed with open arms by the xiao bidet administration.
edit on 19-4-2021 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Haidilao Hot Pot in Vancouver.... they should rename it, Honey SPot of Chinese Spies.

edit on 19-4-2021 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok
This world has no place for a control system designed to reprimand it's subjects with cameras and a "social credit score".

What say you, ATS?

I say this has been inching it's way in at a snails pace for decades......since the 90's what else have surveillance cameras been for or speed cameras for but to name a couple of items available to the PTB for the sole use of monitoring citizens for purposes of repremanding them in the event of their wrong doing thus financially penalizing them and/ or recording points against a license and/ or using footage as proof to charge and prosecute through the court system.

The old system still was negative to a persons standing socially if a persons record was investigated for say employment purposes, the new system makes the dirty deeds readily available at a moments notice to anyone......the only real difference is the availability....technology is mankinds nemesis and the sooner the masses turn their back on it the better.

We were given free Internet initially for a reason and it sure wasn't out of the goodness of their hearts to allow us to comunicate and be information gurus.

As for Canada they have clearly been overly friendly with the chinese for some time now....how many chinese troops have set foot on Canadian soil for training purposes?????
edit on 19-4-2021 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
It can’t be stopped, the end game, control of every human being
Been warned, been coming, it’s here

I always love an enthusiastic and courageous positive outlook. A person we can depend on, who will fight until their last breath for our freedoms.../s

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I imagine the company only hires either foreign workers, chinese students on Visas (under the table), or recent immigrants.

The only adequate response is to invite everyone of Chinese descent to repatriate to their homeland.

At once.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Cigarettes

I don't agree, but 🤷‍♀️.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I don't think Canadians will go along with this "swimmingly". Now that this is out, people will be weirded out about it.

People are wearing masks. Globally.

Humans will accept anything that doesn't immediately threaten them.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cigarettes

The only adequate response is to invite everyone of Chinese descent to repatriate to their homeland.

At once.

Erm...No.

Many companies do this EXACT thing. The fact that they happen to be Chinese means nothing.

Are they Canadian? Do they have visas? Are they a legal company?

All signs point to yes.

Canada doesn't expel people based on their ethnicity, race, religion, etc...

That would make us like China, no?

Think about what you're saying? Remember the Japanese in WWII?

What about Amazon? They monitor and discipline based on that monitoring in very similar ways....

This has nothing to do with the CCP, at least not that the OP has shown.
edit on 4/19/2021 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Whelp, bend over Canucks, lmfao 😂

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   

You dont have to eat there.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem
This has nothing to do with the CCP, at least not that the OP has shown.

Did you bother to read the source? If what they reported is to be taken seriously, it's specifically the CCP that rolled out the same "social credit system" in China in 2014. The CCP literally came up with it and now it's being implemented in this specifically Chinese-owned franchise.

Not sure how you couldn't see that? The CCP is exactly who is behind this.

In case you didn't read:

China’s social credit system was officially rolled out nationwide in 2014 with a plan to build “trust” in the marketplace and broader society. According to a report by USA Congressional Research Service (CRS) in 2020, China’s social credit system has developed into two connected but distinct systems: a system for monitoring individual behaviour, still in early pilot stages, and a more robust system for monitoring corporate behaviour.

The deadline for implementing China’s social credit system was 2020 when it became mandatory for all Chinese citizens to be enrolled in the national database and rated with a “social score” based on different behaviours; these “social scores” are then used to punish or reward. Praise the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) on social media and you will be given a higher score, potentially leading to benefits such as priority for school admissions, free gym services, shorter wait times at hospitals and other benefits. Illegally protest against the CCP, forget to pay your utility bill, or knowingly associate with another individual who has a low score, and you might be restricted in accessing public services, excluded from taking transportation, or perhaps your children will be denied entry into the best schools.

From the same source as my original post.
I think all Canadians should read this article and give their opinion.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Show me the link between the Restaraunt and the CCP?

The CCP came up with the "Social Credit System", yes.

If a private company chooses to use that system or base their policies on that system, that's their right as a Canadian or a Private Company/Corporation within Canada. I wouldn't want it any other way, btw.

The Laws are very clear.

People don't have to work for them and people don't have to do business with them.

Where's the link between the CCP and this restaraunt, other than philosophy? There is none.

So your problem is that Chinese Canadians are doing things that don't break any laws, but they must be up to something, simply because they're Chinese? Because "secret"?

I watch the CCP like a hawk, this isn't them. It's just Chinese Canadians running their business as they see fit...

That's my Canadian opinion...sorry.

edit on 4/19/2021 by MykeNukem because: sp.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join