It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: IMAX theaters Reject Science Shows under Religious Pressure

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
well...

if you want to learn about science or evolution for example, just read a book or go on-line...

why must you see a movie???

then again, if "religious groups" are protesting against this, then what else will they be against???

there is no stopping them once they are done with this...

do you see what i am saying???

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

But consider this......................scripture authority based reality lead to the dark ages....................while questioning authority through evidence utilizing the process of the scientific method lead to the renaissance......

Not true! Scripture authority did not lead to the dark ages, quite the contrary, it was the desire to rule men that led to the dark ages, we are entering the dark ages again because of the desire for power by our modern priests called scientists.

I am a creationist but I see nothing wrong with the fact of IMAX showing some movie, and if people want to pay to see that kind of trash, fine. However evolutionists have brought this upon themselves by forcing the theory of evolution down our children’s necks as if it were a fact, then using it to attack Christians. You are going to have to deal with the fact of if you play you must pay. Science has tried to replace the Church, and bell is starting to toll. Enjoy your position for now, for it is falling as we speak. The bigger they are the harder the fall, mighty Goliath is stumbling. Because chance decides nothing. Evolution is nothing more than Hinduism, repackaged.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
BD,

Do you have any proof to back up your theories?

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hi Bill,

Yes Sir, I do. Glad you asked. I sort of feel, you might challange me on my proof, so could you pick one to start with, and we will go from there. One at a time, so I don't get all confused. Pick a theroy any theroy.

BD

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
BD,

Show how the dark ages we are entering (which I agree is true) is due to science and scientists rather than the same as last time, power hungry men using religion as a club to bludgeon those they "rule".

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I do not think anyone could really completely explain the dark ages, as so many things were happening at the same time. My reference is the “close mindedness” of the time. One of the greatest ways to control someone is by a lie, if you can get someone to believe a lie, of the right sort then life will change in front of their eyes. Let take evilution, for example, lets assume that it is completely false. Now we teach it to people, a number of things will happen, first the Bible is wrong, second, there probably not a God, and the church is evil, sex is good. Even worse morality goes out the window, as there is no judge of any thing, save life and man. Now at the same that I am teaching this false thing, I now it is a lie. This gives me power over those who believe the lie. Kind of sending people on a wild goose chase, they will never get the goose, and will spend all day looking for it, in the mean time you can raid the kitchen. It is said, the mother of heresy is the desire to control. Think about the times you have lied, mostly in a positions of weakness, “no officer I was not going 80 in that 25mph school zone”, but in a positions of power it might be “Vote for me and I will cut taxes” both of these lies give you power.
Next when you believe a lie it can mess up your ability to think. If I told you that your feet are magnetic and this is the reason you don’t float into the sky, not gravity, and you believed me. Then I said knowing that don’t ever jump or you could float up in space. You would behave very differently than everyone else, running around at basketball games yelling at people, “stop jumping, you could float away!” But, they would not listen to you, they would think you are crazy, and you would think they are hopeless. You would try to make laws against jumping, and ban certian sports, like the high jump. Who would buy air Jordans?
Now that you have magnetic feet you would start to think of life in a different way, you might try to prove this, you would wonder why apples fall, and birds fly. I could tell you even more lies like well apple are magnetic also and the tree forms a magnetic field around it which helps keep the apple on the ground and this is why birds land on trees. Magnetism!
Now once this happens then people will wonder around not really sure of anything, cause nothing completely makes sense anymore, like dust falling back to earth and such, but you believe magnetism and your priests will make sure of that, because if you question them you will attacked or kicked out of collage(church). If that happen you become very depressed and angry and nothing makes sense at all, the dark ages. In the Dark ages the Church, Rome, taught all kinds of crazy things about God, nothing made sense after a while and man kind because depressed, and lusted after something they could understand, food and sex. Now man is being taught the lie of evilution and does not understand anything, will search for meaning, paganism, earth worship, food and sex. What’s worse is looking for love, for if there is no god, then love must be had, that means I must go get it, from someone. This is a really bad thought to have rattling around in your head, leads to a lots of problems, like rape, and child abuse.
Now, to really talk about this properly I would have to write a book, maybe I should but lets see if you can understand my point, from this babble.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
BD,

That is quite a post but I do not think it answers my question as to why you feel that it is Science that is dragging us to a new Dark Age as opposed to my feeling that it is religion again.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balaams donkey
Evolution is nothing more than Hinduism, repackaged.

As a practicing "repackager", I resent the implication that we would repackage hinduism as evolution. I, for one, at out last meeting at the South Boston Orange Julius, personally voted to repackage evolution as a giant orange rock.

Needless to say, my creative environment was far reaching at the time. I once repackaged the face Jesus as a tortilla shell. I once repackaged the Virgin Mary as the smudgey blotch on the side of a strip club. No small feet, I might add. Lately, I've gotten this idea that we could repackage people into food.

We would call it SOYLENT GREEN.

Now, kindly apologize to the dozens and dozens of repackagers in the world who depend on your support to put food on their repackaged formica tables.

We recycle lives, one at a time

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
BS,

Eh???

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

That is quite a post but I do not think it answers my question as to why you feel that it is Science that is dragging us to a new Dark Age as opposed to my feeling that it is religion again.

Well, it is both in some ways, anytime we believe a lie we are headed for the rocks, it cause the mind to become darkened, evilution is a lie, so is once saved always saved, so any lie, where every it comes from must be destroyed in the mind.

Man is losing his knowledge, of who he is, as he did in the Dark ages, but this time it will be far worse, nothing will make sense in a few years if we keep going this way.

Science has lifted itself up far beyond its laboratories and into the world of the spiritual, where the microscope has no place. It has become to big for its britches, so to speak. Man must ask himself it there a God, how can I know this, and what is God’s nature.

So my comments are the when anyone promotes a lie, it sickens the minds of men. That is the reason for the dark ages.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
BD,

"Evolution is a lie"?

Since when?

I will state my opinions here. I do not believe in God. In fact I that which can be proven and demonstrated. I am an empiricist.

Furthermore, I believe that those who believe in God (by whatever name they call him) are wrong in their beliefs. However, I respect their rights to those beliefs. My grandparents on my father's side are Catholics and on my mother's side they were (before they died) Methodists. I have friends of the Jewish, Muslim and Hindu faiths. In all cases religion serves a purpose in their life and I would never seek to alter their faith. That is a matter of their own choice.

However, I do feel that when people in positions of power (like George W Bush) use their religious beliefs to alter the rights of others, then we are on a backslide to darkness.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Ok, well without opening too many cans of worms, let's stay with the abstract point, lies promote mental disease. Ethics are born of morals, morals, are born of two things Gods nature upon man, and mans understanding of the world. If American elect a Christian to office then they are going to get Christian ethics passed into law, likewise, elect a secularist and get secular ethics passed. Most of us here in America believe in Christ, and we want the U.S. to remain Christian. Sorry. Less than 4% of the nation does not believe in a God, so they will have to go somewhere else or put up with us here in the U.S. otherwise a very few will rules the masses. We don't want that now do we? Human secularists do not like the outcomes of a democracy, so the use the legal system to overthrow the will of the people and the founding fathers of the U.S.. Personally I think they should find their own country to live in since they are so smart, that is what the early Americans did. You don't like the King? Move! They did! It worked out just fine. Most communist countries are have a total secularist ethics system, maybe they would be happy there, say China or Cuba, their or some others.
Seems strange that right now there is probably a man on a boat between Cuba, and the U.S. one is full of evil, dumb Christians and the other is good, and smart Communist, but why is he headed North into the backsliders of darkness? He must be dumb too.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Balaam,

I like to think of myself as an ethical and moral person.

I did not gain these from religion.

I gained these from my parents who taught me how to behave without recourse to God or any other myths.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I like to think of myself as an ethical and moral person. I did not gain these from religion.

Bill!
I have never said you are not moral! But, of course you have morals otherwise you would not even be on this website. You must care to be here, just a little bit.
Now you said you did not gain your ethics from religion, are you sure? Look what happens to people when you take away religion? It is not a pretty picture. Now I would agree with you that you did not gain your ethics from religion, you got them from God, and religion encouraged proper growth and maturity of these morals and ethics.
Do you really agree with any of the communist/atheist systems of killing everyone who disagrees with them? Of course not, so I think you might be biting the hand that feeds you, so to speak?
However, if there is no god, then there are no rules. You must accept that logically. This why atheists, love Nietzsche, the mad man.

In Christianity neither morality nor religion come into contact with reality at any point.
Friedrich Nietzsche, The Antichrist

God is dead.

Morality is herd instinct in the individual.

The Christian resolution to find the world ugly and bad has made the world ugly and bad.

Friedrich Nietzsche, The Gay Science

By the way I can prove God exists, I know he exists.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Balaam,

I did not get my morality from God. What makes you think I did?

My parents did not believe God and neither do I.

Your faith that God exists is not proof.

The true believer in God needs not proof, faith is sufficient.
Those who need proof are not true believers.

That is the nature of belief.

Cheers

BHR

[edit on 8-4-2005 by BillHicksRules]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Easy Bill, were friends, sorry if my writing "sounds" ...um...unfriendly?
It is not my tone, I am a bad writer.

I never gave proof for God. I have reason to belive in God, not faith, I have faith in the God I know exists. St. Paul had a reason to belive in God, he met Him, so did Moses, Adam, and many others. Christ gives us reason. He gave me reasons.

If God is the creator than your ethics came from Him. This is a valid line of reasoning? Rember the "If" part.

Lastly if their is no god, as you say, then how do you explain ethics?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Balaam,

I explain ethics the same way I explain the rise of religion.

Religion was created to control people. Initially for their own good.

It allowed smart people to set out rules that if followed would help increase the population.

For example the not sleeping with family members was to ensure that breeding stock was kept healthy and and genetic mishaps were kept to a minimum.

Now it is easier to get a docile mass to follow a rule if you make them fear for their own life if they do not obey.

Same goes for almost all ethical considerations.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I explain ethics the same way I explain the rise of religion. Religion was created to control people. Initially for their own good.

So, your ethics, came from your desire to control? Yourself?

Where did your disire to control come from?

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Balaam,

My desire to control myself came from experiencing what happens when one does not.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Wait BD, if I am reading this right the only reason you gon'y go out raping people, killing people, and stealing is that you fear god? WTF? Athiests are smart enough not to need a god to tell them what is wrong, we use that little thing called a brain.

Anyways, continue, I love watching ignorance striked down by science/reality/facts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join