It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again , Police Shooting in Chicago.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   
No parts of Chicago are safe. 67 people shot on the freeways this year. Seven year old girl killed at a McDonald's drive-thru today.

McDonald's Drive Thru: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 4/18/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
No parts of Chicago are safe. 67 people shot on the freeways this year. Seven year old girl killed at a McDonald's drive-thru today.

McDonald's Drive Thru: www.foxnews.com...

Broke my heart. I've been to that McDonald's on several occassions. It is definitely in the hood...

Here is what is screwed up. The city is up in arms over the 13 year old gang banger getting shot by police. Keep in mind the reason the police where even called was because they were allegedly shooting at a car...

Now we have a 7 year old killed in a car in what appears to be a gang hit...

The irony is thick. The police did the community a favor.

I saw a cell phone video right after it occurred. It was heart breaking seeing the cops getting that girl out of the car running with her to get her to a squad car to rush her to hospital.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   

edit on 18-4-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: double post.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   

This shooting happened many days ago. The policy bodycam footage was released today.

Because the little fella isn't Black, there's not much genuine outrage.

On the above we agree.

Just another example of police acting like S.S. Storm Troopers.

It's very common in this country.

Sadly, Blacks, Whites, Latinos, Indians, Chinese, anyone/everyone are all killed by evil men/women in uniform.

Sorry but we have to agree to disagree. It was a tragic end, but the officer is not at fault. The officer saw the gun and had a second or so to decide what to do when the teenager flipped the gun towards the direction of the officer.

The officer didn't know whether the teenager was going to throw away the gun or shoot at him. The teenager should just have dropped the gun and probably nothing would have happened, but he flicked the gun towards the officer giving him a second or less to decide what to do.

Even teenagers have shot at police officers in the past, and Chicago being a democrat hell hole shootings happen constantly there, including shootings at police officers, which in a second or less must have passed the mind of the officer.

Officers have families too, and they also think of their own family. This case was a tragedy but whom is truly at fault is the parents.

Most officers are not bad people, and many times they have to make fast decisions which could mean their life or the life of someone else is lost.

edit on 18-4-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: Edumakated

lol sounds like after we the public see enough kids getting blasted on video, on the news and internet the created dendrites in our brain, will just accept this is normal and ok.

I don’t recall a time like this in my lifetime and I’m pretty old, there is nothing normal in America, right now. I can’t think of one example. I hear ya thou, I guess this is now our new normal, riots, plagues, rumors of war, censorship and idiots arguing with one another over who’s politics are better, all the while, well normal is occurring.

Got it.

You don't recall such problems in your lifetime?

At the end of the video kindly provided by ATS member "Lumenari" you can even read what Rev. King said in one of his speeches in a St. Louis church.

Here is a screenshot from the video of that speech.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

What you don't seem to recall is how many people, of all races, are deciding on responding to police officers these days in ways which should never happen.

For example. These days THE LEFT are backing CRIMINALS, instead of police officers. These days THE LEFT tells America's youths and adults of all ages, to be disrespectful and even fight the police.

I'll give you one example of what happened to a 17 year old WHITE teenager, in 2015, when he decided first, to not comply with the officer and second fought the officer and injured the officer which prompted the officer to use his gun after the officer had tried to use his taser and the teenager attacked the officer.

Here is the video...

You can find on youtube examples like the above happening to teenagers, and adults of ALL RACES...

These days THE LEFT is telling everyone to disrespect officers, and even to attack them AND MURDER POLICE OFFICERS...

What makes you think this was going to make police shootings less common?...

edit on 18-4-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

The officer didn't know whether the teenager was going to throw away the gun or shoot at him. The teenager should just have dropped the gun and probably nothing would have happened, but he flicked the gun towards the officer giving him a second or less to decide what to do.

He did not flick it towards the cop, he tossed it behind the fence, and then turned, should of put his hands up high before turning.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Ok...the teenager turned towards the officer. The sudden move made the officer think the teenager was going to shoot him. it took less than a second, and the officer responded as he thought was appropriate.

Are you also blaming the officer?

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Ok...the teenager turned towards the officer. The sudden move made the officer think the teenager was going to shoot him. it took less than a second, and the officer responded as he thought was appropriate.

Are you also blaming the officer?

I don't necessarily blame him, I think he could of waited a second more..it is what it is.

I think if you are running around at 3am shooting at..whatever, you can expect bad things might happen. This kids parents failed him..I really know nothing of the parents, or this boys home life though.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:00 AM
link   

A second more and if the teenager wanted to shoot at the officer, the officer would be dead. The officer didn't have a second more to give. You know the teenager dropped the gun AFTER the fact, not in the split second the officer had to decide whether to shoot or risk getting shot at.

This type of mentality that "officers should wait a bit longer" has gotten officers killed in the line of duty. The mentality should be "the parents should have made sure their son was at home, and not in the streets with a gun."

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:37 AM
link   

A second more and if the teenager wanted to shoot at the officer, the officer would be dead. The officer didn't have a second more to give. You know the teenager dropped the gun AFTER the fact, not in the split second the officer had to decide whether to shoot or risk getting shot at.

"If" the kid wanted to shoot. He didn't though, cop could of waited a second, they would both live another day..and you are wrong, kid tossed the gun about .85 seconds before he got shot.

Anyways..play stupid games, win stupid prizes..i'm not trying to crucify the cop.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Again...you know this AFTER the fact... Police officers whom have "waited a second more" have been gunned down/murdered, and in Chicago, being the democrat hell hole it is, police officers are at a higher risk of getting shot/murdered.

All you are doing is playing arm-chair general AFTER the fact. You were not there, and it seems obvious you can't understand that the officer couldn't have given another second. The kid was armed, after a shootout had been called in which is why the police officers were looking for the suspects, and the kid WAS ARMED with the gun in his hand. The officer didn't have the time to give. Unfortunately the teenager chose to move fast and turned towards the officer. Which in less than a second the officer had to decide whether to shoot or "wait another second and risk getting shot at/killed.

Officers that have given a chance to people like you wanted have been shot at and have been murdered.

The following is a video from 2012... Watch the video, and then read what the majority of aholes say in there... That's part of the reason officers CAN'T give a second more when facing a suspect that is armed and rapidly makes a move towards the officer... It was a tragedy, but the officer wasn't wrong.

Here is another example.

edit on 19-4-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: add video links.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Only in America..are cops so freaked out. Again, it is what it is..the price of your 2nd. Anyway..I understand what happened! This cop didn't take the chance, some cops might of waited an extra second. Nothing is strictly black and white, every situation is different, a particular cop might act different. I'm not interested in arguing, I stated my opinion..and thats that.

Your vids are not available here btw, I seen lots of them, so you wouldn't be showing me anything I haven't seen.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I guess his furtive, sleight-of-hand trick to get rid of the weapon backfired on him.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It's easy to let emotions get in the way of the way when analyzing these types of situations. I feel for both the police officer who had to make a split second decision in a dark alley and for the 13 year old boy who unfortunately made some terrible life choices at such a young age. RIP Adam Toledo.

The public here in Chicago seems to be heavily anti Adam Toledo. We are sick of gangbangers and all the senseless shootings. Perhaps this is a good thing which will lead to less and less glorification of the gang life.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join