It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again , Police Shooting in Chicago.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I had to call the cops about some issues with my upstairs neighbours once. I don't like talking to cops, so I was kinda fidgety and kept putting my hand in my pocket. The officer fairly sternly asked(told) me not to because every time I did they had to resist the urge to draw their gun because they're trained to respond to reaching into the pocket as reaching for a weapon. And I live in Canada where cops aren't gun happy...

Whether such training is the best way to deal with things or not, just don't # around with cops. If it gets to that point where cops are chasing, yelling and screaming, there's nothing you can do, it's lawyer time. Or, getting shot time.

Pick one.
edit on 15/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Gosh Fracking Mother Father Fromunda Cheese Poo Sniffing Internet FireWall Hospital Administrators😠😠😠😑😑😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠� ��😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠 Aaaaaaaaaarrrrgh!

Edit: Sorry it's been a long 35+ hours. Thank you.

Edit: stop censoring this!!!!! Again!!!!!

edit on 15-4-2021 by Bigburgh because: Sewickley Valley Hospital is going to get a nasty call and letter after I'm Discharged. They made 168K Grand off me today! STOP CENSORING THE INTERNET !!!!! It's not pron! πŸ–•πŸ» bet you IT guys can see this right!😠

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: Edumakated

lol sounds like after we the public see enough kids getting blasted on video, on the news and internet the created dendrites in our brain, will just accept this is normal and ok.

I don’t recall a time like this in my lifetime and I’m pretty old, there is nothing normal in America, right now. I can’t think of one example. I hear ya thou, I guess this is now our new normal, riots, plagues, rumors of war, censorship and idiots arguing with one another over who’s politics are better, all the while, well normal is occurring.

Got it.

This has been happening a long time. The difference is we have 24 hour news cycle, twitter, and social media to make it national news.

Most of the victims of gun violence in Chicago are teens. The shooters are also teens. The 13 year old spin is to appeal to the emotions of the liberal woke suburban mom whose frame of mind is their own 13 year old... not some kid in the hood that is already packing guns and doing "drills" on his opps.

These kids in Chicago are like freaking child solders in Rwanda... kids in age only, but mentally hardened.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   

This shooting is a big deal on Chicago TV news tonight (first 15 minutes of the 30 minute newscast thus far). Not sure why. Police here kill kids all the time.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

This shooting is a big deal on Chicago TV news tonight (first 15 minutes of the 30 minute newscast thus far). Not sure why. Police here kill kids all the time.

It is because of all the other stuff going on with the Dante Wright situation. If this were a few years ago, it might have made news but would have quickly died out.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

they just showed this on cnn, don lemon and another pundit or whomever she is are downplaying it. almost justifying it and kinda sorta feeling bad for cops and what they have to deal with.

I was in another room when i heard it but i knew right away that the kid was Not african american. there is no way that cnn would have let this go so easily without screaming racism if he was.

CNN

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Why do you think that it's big news now? Certainly at this point you realize the so called press is trying to steer a narrative thru a needle right?

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Why do you think that it's big news now? Certainly at this point you realize the so called press is trying to steer a narrative thru a needle right?

The only commonality I see between Chicago, Minneapolis, Brooklyn Center MN., are police shooting people doing something wrong.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: alphacenturi
We had the ability to drive CNN out of business when President Trump was in office. He was too nice...just like he accused "weak" "soft" Republicans of being.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 10:50 PM
link   
To me, it looked like his * mistake was turning around. He should have raised his arms without turning around towards the cops.

eta: his *Final* mistake...

edit on 4/15/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The real causality is the chase...the Pursuit...the intention...the dynamic verbiage connected to how most of these incidents which culminate in Citizen casualties/murders must be re-written for there can be no accidents when you are in control of a Firearm and are pointing it at another Human Being......my gut says why didnt the Kid drop the gun during the footchase....was someone else out there looking to cap him besides the Cop and did he keep it for protection from another possible assailant?.....but then my brain takes it further back to seek true causality..... WHY WAS THE SUSPECT BEING CHASED UNDER THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES ?????...... NO BACKUP DARK OF NIGHT WEAPONS INVOLVED NO PUBLIC TO BE SEEN ANYWHERE TO PROTECT.....SEE WHERE I AM GOING WITH THIS ?

The chases dont have to happen...the escalation is all on the Law Enforcement personel..... same with stolen Car chases and Shoplifting and evading Custody....and reaching for your Insurance or Regestration or Cell Phone.....or not rolling your window down far enough...or not obeying a "verbal command" ----like STOP MOVING as you are being TAZED----any of the thousands of reasons innocent people have been murdered by Leos over the last 100 years with a broken System.....

What happens if the Kids is allowed to escape and the situation is de-escalated ?..... no one dies there thats what happens..... by what scale and balance and with what intention do Law Enforcement pursue Suspects?.....what are they really trying to do ? Enforce Applicable Laws in a timely accurate sensical manner with Public Safety as a PRIORITY ABOVE ALL ELSE for that is what the god dam law is al about.

How many young Kids or men hav we seen MURDERED for trying to evade custody in a Motor Vehicle....?.....how many ???.....why ? to what end ?.....how many depressed emotionally upset but NOT MURDEROUS People with knives or items in their hands are MURDERED every single year how many times have we seen it ?

If you took a random compilation video of Police MURDERS during so-called legal duties and showed it to people from 3rd World Countries and war torn places...they would shudder.....for even in those places they do not arbitrarily MURDER KIDS AND OLD WOMEN in PUBLIC FASHION ON THE CONCRETE.......or in their Cars.

My Gut said why didnt the Kid drop the gun early in the pursuit....my Brain says the god dam pursuit did not have to happen in the first place....we could have stopped the Pursuit but we could not have stopped the suspects poor decision making....so WE CAUSED THE FATALITY TO HAPPEN..... the suspect was RUNNING NOT FIGHTING.....let him go and catch him later.....its that simple....same with people trying to escape....let them go....dont risk peoples lives.....especially Law Enforcement lives....a suspect running is no longer doing what legitimized your initial response....the artifciial sense of urgency to stop an non-charged and un-tried suspect using terminal force must be removed....its murder every time...its Execution in cold blood.

Given the circumstances of todays Status Quo situation the Cop and Suspect were forced into a Funnel Shaped Dynamic in which someone had to die.....the Suspect had opportunity to drop the gun...even 13 year old Kids know to drop the gun.....but adenaline and fear and maybe drugs or booze and things happen fast.....the Officer had the Opportunity to discontinue the footchase and Pursuit....but things happen fast and SOP dictates ....what were the final verbal Commands ???...DO NOT MOVE FIRST....then DROP THE GUN.....or DROP THE GUN then he moves to do it and is shot dead for moving as he drops the gun....you see its a Funnel Shaped dynamic Law Enforcement and Lawyers and Unions and Social Media driven Peer pressure and Poverty have colluded to develop and support.

Who is out at that hour with a gun and what public is at such risk that a Law Enforcement Officer has to be put in that position by SOP ?

Tragic on all counts.

(post by one4all removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 11:11 PM
link   
MSM spinning it good now, but this is what always happens when you get into a pickle with the law, doesn’t matter who you are. Being in the streets at night is dangerous to begin with. This guy must of just saw the documentary on White Boy Rick, don’t know why he was trying to be hard in the first place.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Both Duante Wright and Adam Toledo's death were completely avoidable. However, the personal responsibility factor AS USUAL is never addressed.

Scenario:
It's like you're driving on a suspended license and someone hits you. If nothing else, the police and courts will frame it as "Are you supposed to be driving with a suspended license? Because if you would have adhered to the law, none of this would have happened. You wouldn't have been out there to get hit."

That rationale is bulletproof. Unfortunately, these two we're not.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Well.I mean comparatively to American cops...and well not rcmp officers. Most city cops I've dealt with have been reasonable. Though I've heard some pretty bad stories about Delta police. RCMP on the other hand yeah they can be bad.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   

The victim is not African American so I'm interested to see how much press this will get.

The victim? Do you mean the police officer is not African-American?

Are you referring to the guy that pulled a gun on a police officer as "the victim "?

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   

less than a second passes from when 13-year-old is seen holding a handgun and is shot by officer

Fairly decent time to identify a threat and neutralize it.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   

This shooting happened many days ago. The policy bodycam footage was released today.

Because the little fella isn't Black, there's not much genuine outrage.

Just another example of police acting like S.S. Storm Troopers.

It's very common in this country.

Sadly, Blacks, Whites, Latinos, Indians, Chinese, anyone/everyone are all killed by evil men/women in uniform.

I don't get what you are saying dude...did the person NOT pull a gun on the police officer? I'm confused.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

less than a second passes from when 13-year-old is seen holding a handgun and is shot by officer

Fairly decent time to identify a threat and neutralize it.

I say good reflexes!

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

What happens if the Kids is allowed to escape and the situation is de-escalated ?..... no one dies there thats what happens.....

I don't know what actually happened leading up to this shooting, but early in that video you can hear someone firing off about 9 shots. I don't think that was the cops.

Were the shots fired by the innocent kid out for a peaceful nightly stroll? I don't know, but maybe the cops actually do know the answer to that.

He was running for a reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join