It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pork Panko Fried Chicken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Few months ago I watched a video of a guy frying shrimps with pork panko. Right the way I check online and found it's a little expensive. I decided to make my own cheap version.

I bought some pork rinds, smashed the bags and ground them with a magic bullet thing I found by luck in my kitchen. My mix ratio was about 2 cans of panko for 2 bags of pork rinds. Next time I think I'll up the bags to 3.

I directly added the eggs, seasoned all and mixed well. The pork panko ready and the oil hot as it should be. Grabbed a good bunch of chicken, coated in panko blend and straight to the oil.

As soon I saw the chicken frying, I knew it'll be good.

I got some barbecue sauce, ketchup and mustard aside. Wife and daughter like it plain, son wants barbecue, I mix a little bit of all. Wife made salad. Now everybody full and taking a nice siesta.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The last two bags of pork rinds I bought tasted crappy. Two different brands, they tasted like chemicals were added to the mix.

I like chicken fried in bacon grease, southern style is what I guess they call it. We go through so much bacon frying it for the cat....a pound every five days or so just for the cat... that I have been dumping the grease out now instead of saving it. We have enough in the fridge...got to start making some fried chicken again to use it up.

Around here we do not have a very good selection of pork rinds, but maybe using them that way will be alright, the preservative might evaporate at high heat.
edit on 15-4-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You don't know how much your cat loves you.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I like to soak it in buttermilk overnight or go the Chik-Fil-A route and marinate it in pickle juice. Every once in a while I’ll mix panko and a crushed up bag of flaming hot Cheetos and bread the chicken with it.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: rickymouse

You don't know how much your cat loves you.

Oh yes I do, he lets out this disgusting whine when I go in the fridge often and don't give him any bacon when we are making meals. It sounds like when someone is complaining about the bartender not waiting on them at the bar and going by them again and again bringing others drinks and taking orders..

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Interesting, I may try this the next time I make katsu curry. May try for spicy ones to complement the seasonings I use in my curry.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

Interesting, I may try this the next time I make katsu curry. May try for spicy ones to complement the seasonings I use in my curry.

Please share your curry recipe! I always buy the curry blocks and dress it up.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm afraid I have to put up with my wife's gluten free lifestyle, and the Panko GF rice based crumbs are horrible on anything...like bits of styrofoam.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst
I'm afraid I have to put up with my wife's gluten free lifestyle, and the Panko GF rice based crumbs are horrible on anything...like bits of styrofoam.

I tried for one week gluten free food at home. Soulless food. My family was mad, nobody ate it.
edit on 15-4-2021 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Looks amazing. Thank you for sharing! Will have to try and make it.

new topics

top topics

join