It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The legendary John Cleese

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Hank Azaria can eat a bat. Virtue signalling deserves to be mocked over and over and over.

Fake ass bitch.

edit on 15-4-2021 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

When will Hank apologize to every gay person and people with speech impediments for his character portrayals?

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
hm normally i like john cleese all right but that's just kinda dumb.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
He has taken some flak for Faulty Towers over the years-The Major using the N-word and other derogatory terms for black people being the prime reason-But here is the point they missed-That character was laughed at not because he used such terms-rather that he was an old fashioned fool who still used such terms.

After he uses such words,the next shot will be Basil shaking his head or rolling his eyes in an exasperated manner.

Hell even the Germans Love Faulty Towers and he sure took the piss outta them in one classic episode(Don't mention ze War)

Quick random Fact about Monty Python that I only just learned the other day-
The classic film "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" was in part funded by 2 of the greatest rock bands in the history of the universe-

Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd!

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
hm normally i like john cleese all right but that's just kinda dumb.

It's not dumb to point out idiocy to people.
I normally don't like John Cleese [as a person, superb comedian though],but I am totally behind him using an easy to understand example for the eternally dim to think about.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
It's not dumb to point out idiocy to people.
I normally don't like John Cleese [as a person, superb comedian though],but I am totally behind him using an easy to understand example for the eternally dim to think about.

well, opinions WILL differ
and i'm of the opinion there was no idiocy to point out, but cleese just made himself look idiotic by playing to the kind of audience that thinks there was.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   

About time too !

Like the French would ever use a word like Elderberries , racist and factually incorrect.

And his personal treatment of the Spanish ... well.

edit on 15-4-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Do you identify as a Stepford wife?

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Wanda, do you have any idea what it's like being English? Being so correct all the time, being so stifled by this dread of, of doing the wrong thing, of saying to someone, 'Are you married?' and hearing, ' My wife left me this morning,' or saying, uh, ' Do you have children?' and being told they all burned to death on Wednesday. You see, Wanda, we're all terrified of embarrassment. That's why we're so... dead.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Every episode of Fawlty Towers was great, but this scene really cracks me up.
"He's very clever...rather highly strung."

"Yes, yes, he should be."

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
He should give away all the money he made while voicing Apu if he really means it.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Hopefully this comes across as more of a compliment than an insult, but I've read some of your replies on non-political forums and do enjoy your viewpoints so it's interesting to see this total 180 where politics are concerned.

You are not the only one, btw.

I guess some people feel the same way about me.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

Quick random Fact about Monty Python that I only just learned the other day-
The classic film "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" was in part funded by 2 of the greatest rock bands in the history of the universe-

Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd!

George Harrison was involved in funding Life of Brian if i recall correctly

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Hopefully this comes across as more of a compliment than an insult, but I've read some of your replies on non-political forums and do enjoy your viewpoints so it's interesting to see this total 180 where politics are concerned.

You are not the only one, btw.

I guess some people feel the same way about me.

we all contain multitudes

top topics

join