It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Suspends Johnson and Johnson Vaccine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
I agree 100%, it is completely raw unverified data. That said it's really all we have to go on

The vast majority of people will be fine and have no issues, I do think if you do have any major health issues or are on other medications you really ought to consult your personal doctor just in case.

COMPLETELY! people definitely need to talk to their doctors about any kind of concern that might relate.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Thanks for this. All of it really is just overwhelming. I'm going to be spending a lot of time with my grandparents soon and I want the reassurance that I did all I could to decrease the likelihood of them getting the virus. I know it's still able to be transmitted even with a vaccine, but it is what it is.

My thought process is that this virus was a weapon made in a lab, it's still unknown what the long term effects are. The effects that are known are pretty nasty.. I think this virus is here to stay, and since I'm in my 20's I figured I'd rather try to lessen the symptoms of the virus, because it's inevitable I'll get it anyway. Lesser of two evils I suppose. My other concern is job opportunities.

Besides, I think it will be fun to refuse to give businesses my vaccine card out of spite. A lot of people my age, including my friends refuse to get the vaccine, and I don't blame them. Some are like me and would rather get the J&J because it's not mRNA. There is a lot to contemplate
edit on 13-4-2021 by that1lurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: that1lurker
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Thanks for this. All of it really is just overwhelming. I'm going to be spending a lot of time with my grandparents soon and I want the reassurance that I did all I could to decrease the likelihood of them getting the virus. I know it's still able to be transmitted even with a vaccine, but it is what it is.

My thought process is that this virus was a weapon made in a lab, it's still unknown what the long term effects are. The effects that are known are pretty nasty.. I think this virus is here to stay, and since I'm in my 20's I figured I'd rather try to lessen the symptoms of the virus, because it's inevitable I'll get it anyway. Lesser of two evils I suppose. My other concern is job opportunities.

Besides, I think it will be fun to refuse to give businesses my vaccine card out of spite. A lot of people my age, including my friends refuse to get the vaccine, and I don't blame them. Some are like me and would rather get the J&J because it's not mRNA. There is a lot to contemplate

^^^ This is what made the J&J vaccine the most appealing to me, and it's a shame that this version of the vaccine is exhibiting problems.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is strange because the FDA lets a common diabetes SGLT2 inhibitor drug that causes more people to get Fournier's gangrene to still be proscribed and remain in common use.

I know because I spent almost 4 months in the hospital after getting Fournier's gangrene from this class of diabetes drug.
medicalxpress.com...

Dae

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Medicine and vaccine are not the same thing, risk & benefit. Without the Diabetes med, would you have died? (I am going to guess yes), so the risk is worth the benefit. Young women have very low risk with covid, so no benefit for the risk.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: buddha
SIX! ?
This sounds like they did not pay some one off!

Six is just the number they are quoting right now, my guess is that there have been many many more reactions.
Maybe even some "mild" but still concerning.

The life-threatening blood clots can happen many months after the vaccine is received. Same for Pfizer and Moderna.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dae
a reply to: ANNED

Medicine and vaccine are not the same thing, risk & benefit. Without the Diabetes med, would you have died? (I am going to guess yes), so the risk is worth the benefit. Young women have very low risk with covid, so no benefit for the risk.

The vast majority who are being vaccinated are at very low risk from Covid-19.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This was just posted and I don't know if they are editing it or what but it wouldn't let me cut/paste so I copied it...
www.cnbc.com...

The wording they are using for this is bizarro to say the least..

-awkward
-rare
-cautious
-requested pause

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   

They "paused" the vaccine trials after a person dropped dead last Fall. They were quietly resumed without any widely broadcasted reason why.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The CDC is holding a press conference right now regarding this pause in the Johnson & Johnson vaccine distribution.

If you recall two weeks ago, a worker destroyed 15 million doses of the vaccine.

Was he trying to tell us something?

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The CDC is holding a press conference right now regarding this pause in the Johnson & Johnson vaccine distribution.

If you recall two weeks ago, a worker destroyed 15 million doses of the vaccine.

Was he trying to tell us something?

No I don’t recall that, but am going to look now!

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

The life-threatening blood clots can happen many months after the vaccine is received. Same for Pfizer and Moderna.

there's a much higher risk of blood clots from birth control pills

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

there's a much higher risk of blood clots from birth control pills

They are labeling the vaccine blood clot as a rare type... not sure about bc

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Wasn't there reports of the Chinese virus rarely producing blood clotting as well? Seems like I remember that... will have to check later. If so, since the vaccines all use a spike protein from the actual virus to induce antibody creation, it would seem that either the spike protein or the antibodies for it are reacting with something in the body (estrogen?) to initiate a clotting reaction.

Thankfully, it is a rare occurrence for now anyway. Let's all hope it stays rare.

The rarity of the reaction seems to indicate a specific, unique body chemistry might be at play here. Reason would seem to dictate that those who have experienced blood clots would be examined (either clinically if they survived or via records if not) to find a commonality and starting point to reproduce whatever initiates the reaction.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Interesting the demographic data there.

Maybe interacting with one of the birth control drugs that are already known to increase the chance of stroke?

I was thinking possibly migraine related myself. There is a known mutation that increases one's risk of stroke due to clots that's linked to migraine with aura. Migraine is more common in women.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

What would COVID toes be except evidence that it has vascular effects in some people?

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I was thinking possibly migraine related myself. There is a known mutation that increases one's risk of stroke due to clots that's linked to migraine with aura. Migraine is more common in women.

Possible, but I’m leaning more toward it messing with estrogen.

www.healthline.com...

Here's Why Women Experience Stronger Side Effects to COVID-19 Vaccines. Researchers at the CDC say women tend to have stronger side effects to COVID-19 vaccines than men. Experts say this isn't unusual with vaccinations because the estrogen in women's bodies is designed to elicit a stronger immune response

Maybe the J&J vaccine is too strong being just one dose?

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
They are labeling the vaccine blood clot as a rare type... not sure about bc

Birth Control Methods and the Risk of Blood Clots

Blood clots are rare, even among birth control users. The rate for getting clots is about 0.3% to 1% over 10 years for a woman on the pill. You're much more likely to have blood clots during or after pregnancy.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Always a cause for concern but don't forget that birth control causes more blood clotting in women than the vaccine has.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think the rate is like 1 in 1 million for the J&J vaccine
1 in 3000 for oral contraceptives
1 in 5 patients hospitalized with Covid

Take the odds with the vaccine.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join