It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming riots

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Well it's hard to prove murder when the cause of death shows something else.

The DA overreacted.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I've been keeping an eye on the trial in Minnesota.
My wife works in a bank in an urban area so I want to be aware of possible issues of the riot variety.

From everything I've seen on the news and social media, the cop is going to be found guilty...
In the actual courtroom, the cop is going to be acquitted. The prosecution is failing miserably.

Im not here to discuss the trial itself as that's been beaten to dust around here but.....

The media coverage is in my opinion slanting their coverage either towards their desired outcome or in a blatant attempt to poke the public opinion bear.

So from a legal standpoint, is the media liable for the damage done in the coming riots?

Opinions?
Anyone?
Bueller?

Can Atlanta sue over loss revenue to the tune of 200 million as the media pushed lies?

BTW I would like to put in an order for a Rolex Submariner... I'm willing to go 10% of the current value.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I really hope that countless pairs of Nike Air Force One shoes can be liberated!

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The DA overreacted.

I agree. I was just showing that Manslaughter actually is on the table.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I was just telling my family, as soon as the weather warms get ready for riots.
I think there are groups of people that just enjoy it. They will use any cause that suits them, but
They just enjoy the destruction and chaos...

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Just like the olden days.

Retreat in Winter, new campaign in the spring.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
I feel like there will be riots either way.

Maybe, but on different scales.
If he is found guilty on all counts the riots will be more of a celebration like a superbowl win.

Innocent on all counts....
Lock and load

I'll be locked and loaded because from what I've seen, unless the jury is influenced and/or intimidated then I know what the most likely outcome will be.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   

This thread is not about the trial or the evidence in the trial. That's been talked to death.

It's about the coverage by the media slanting public opinion which in my opinion will cause riots after the acquittal.

The trial that's happening is not the same one being reported by the talking heads.

Tim Poole had an excellent demonstration of this in one of his videos the other day. He showed how the media is manipulating headlines to push guilt even when the reporting on evidence that is clearly calling guilt into question. The example he used is how the medical examiner admitted that fentanyl could cause difficulty breathing. However, the media intentionally buried that point in a story and then framed it a different way.

Watch:

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

a reply to: jtrenthacker

That decision is up to the jury.
I know from the evidence I've seen there is no way I could find him guilty of murder...

But the jury found OJ not guilty too so who knows.

I got my first real taste of bias when I was in the 10th grade and the OJ trial was going on. The teacher asked the class who thought OJ was guilty and all the white kids raised their hands (this was after everyone pretty much knew he was guilty) and when asked who thought he was innocent, all the black kids raised their hands. I looked a good friend of mine and whispered, how in the hell do you think he's innocent? My friend looked back and said "because he is." I saw him a couple of years ago and when I went to shake his hand he slapped my hand away and gave me a big hug, but he's probably one of the biggest anti-white people I know now, so it all makes sense why he said OJ was innocent. It's also a tell-tale sign that you can anti-(insert your color of choice here) and still have friends of that color.
edit on 7-4-2021 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Clearly you are correct when you say that according to the media coverage of the trial, he will be found guilty. His own chief of police has denounced him. The guy who trained him said he did not use the tactic correctly or lawfully. So many others point to his guilt. That is, according to media reports.

However you go on to say this.

In the actual courtroom, the cop is going to be acquitted. The prosecution is failing miserably.

On what basis to you make this prediction, or verdict. What information do you have that is not being delivered by the media that suggests to you that this is the case, that he will be acquitted, that the prosecution is failing miserably?

That same guy who admitted that Chauvin's knee was actually on Floyd's shoulder blade more than the neck? The defense has shut down every witness relatively easy.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Just remember Rodney King, just more to burn.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Keep in mind, the liberal mayors and governors will prevent the police from quelling the riots and destruction of property, but as soon as those “peaceful protestors” get close to their homes, they’ll have the whole town tear gassed.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Run by AWOLNATION has a good beat to it, too...

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I think as others have stated, they will riot either way. The Media has them whipped up into a frenzy. There is no other logical outcome. Stay away from the big cities, and be sure you have protection from a large gang. Don't get blocked into somewhere you can't get out of in a hurry. I think eventually, the blowback will make these riots a bad idea. I hate to see anyone killed, but that's not how this story ends. Be safe all.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: Thenail

Wonder how many overdoses Georgie caused in his time as a fentanyl dealer? Wonder how many young people lay their gasping for breath as their body shut down because of the dope he peddled?

And...ya know...if you do something dumb as # like consume multiple grams of a drug that causes lethal overdoses in the microgram dosage range, doesn't really matter if some cop's kneeling on you or not. No amount of nalaxone would have saved that dude after that.

Floyd's dealer pleaded the fifth. He's the real murderer here.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Man, I dont know how you disentangle the two at this point. We all seen the vid. Just stare at a clock for 10 minutes.

You should watch the body cam footage from start to finish on all the police who were there. The angles show a much different story.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Man, I dont know how you disentangle the two at this point. We all seen the vid. Just stare at a clock for 10 minutes.

Your opinion is the same one the media is pushing.
There are things such as burden of proof that need to be met for a murder two conviction.

When the prosecution fails after the media has everyone convinced of a conviction all hell is going to break loose.

Just like it did when Trump defeated Billary after the media guaranteed her victory. But this time it'll be much worse.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The DA overreacted.

They have to. If they don't overreact then they know their house will burn. This is how domestic terrorism has worked its way into the USA from inside.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24
New video was shown yesterday. Chauvin was kneeling on his shoulder blade. Never his neck. Even the chief had to agree, which now causes doubt so he must be acquitted.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   

No.

If people are that frickin' stupid, that's on them.

Brainless morons are going to be, well, brainless morons...while emulating brainless sheep following their Judas goat.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join