It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin and Merkel sittin in a tree...Kiss-ing!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well whoda thunk it eh, after all the atrocities both committed on one another in ww2, Merkel and Putin seem to be cozying up.

So first, is the NordStream 2 pipeline which is to bypass Ukraine and bring Russian natural gas to Germany. Nevermind the Paris climate accords mind you. Germany gots to make dem cars! Ironically, its one thing Biden and Trump agree on.

www.spglobal.com... -calls

Next, Merkel is poo-pooing the British made astraznica vaccine cuz a couple peeps out of 5 million died. And is considering the Sputnik vaccine. Jesus, WW2 vets must be rolling in their graves!

www.bloomberg.com...

And as a final insult, Germany is going after US airmen for taxes because they are married to local girls. This goes against SOFA agreements and is just nasty, especially as Germany has been skating out of its NATO requirements for military spending for decades to to the large US presence.
In addition, and NOT in the article is that US retirees in Germany have been severely restricted, and several peeps I know have been restricted from base who have lived there for many years after retirement. Meaning no access to the base hospital and/or college classes.

international-adviser.com...

So whats up Ange! You swapping teams?

I say move the lot to Poland and Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

I have no respect for Merkel, but TBH I'd trust Putin way more than Beijing Joe.
:
edit on 2021 3 31 by incoserv because: what's it to ya?

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

What atrocities did Merkel (born 1954) and Putin (1952) commit in WWII according to your personal reality?

Compressed natural gas has a lot less CO2 emissions than diesel or petrol. Russia is continental Europe so naturally there's some interest to keep legal business going and prevent it from turning into a 2nd Mexico.

It was Denmark who first voiced concerns about the Astra jab. All Merkel said was something like 'people have to be able to trust the vaccines'. I don't see the poo in that statement.

I mean we all know US firms like Amazon and Google avoid paying taxes at all costs I'm not surprised the military does that too, the American way apparently.

And ask the population in Germany, there are no official polls but what I hear is most would prefer if there wouldn't be any military and don't want to be NATO members either.
So it's a very tough sell to pay more for something nobody wants. Just because la familia Americana is putting the screws on you for not paying for 'protection'.

America isn't popular anymore since like ca 2000 she's not seen as the good guy.
There are actually conspiracy theories in Germany that US Forces are there because of an ongoing occupation.
... just something I heard for your consideration.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You can take the girl out of East Germany but you can't .......

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Putin is a murdering dictator under the guise of a President. To say you'd trust him over the President of the United States is laughable. Do a little research into Putin, he's despicable. And you guys keep talking about how incoherent Biden is, yet at the same time, I'm suppose to believe he's instigating this huge plan to do "whatever". Which is it?

a reply to: incoserv

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I do believe it was written clearly, that Germany and Russia committed atrocities in WW2 against one another. Yet now Putin and Merkel are getting friendly despite Germany's commitment to NATO.

Is that more clear?

And the pipeline is not just about energy, but political influence, which is what Putin is after.
www.politico.eu...

Corporate taxes aren't income taxes on individuals. Corporate taxes could be fixed by closing international loopholes. Its not just American companies enjoying this perk.

Volkswagon for example avoided taxes in Luxembourg.

theblacksea.eu...

The point here being that SOFA agreements were not held up.

I am sure many US states would love to have those troops home as well.

And Merkel opposed Trumps troop withdrawl plan. Why? Cuz the German military couldnt repel Hungary at the moment.

www.aa.com.tr...

Im actually kind of tired of the US having to be the worlds police. Its expensive, and people bitch at you no matter what you do.

a reply to: Peeple

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I heard they want to rebuild that wall thingy.

a reply to: gortex

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

No it wasn't 'written clearly' by any standards, really not. And Germany and Russia always had deep relationships going back to times before the USA was even a thought.

All politics is a game of influence. And economy often a tool for that.
But you got to consider the possible developments. An axis China, Iran, Russia and possibly Turkey is a lot worse to deal with than 'just' China and Iran.
So you throw the man who's at least still interested in talking a bone. Well if you'd be smart you would, right?

Merkel opposed the withdrawl because she got pressure from her minister-presidents because for some local communities what the soldiers spend and the services are their main income.
Still nobody wants to be seen as war-buddy of the US.
So what you're so upset about could also be seen as 'saying-without-saying-it': and now when are you leaving...

You have a weird interpretation of 'policing'. After all the made up evidence, unlawful invasions, the torture, the drone killings etc. that's not the word people use when talking about it outside the US.

Also to that

Cuz the German military couldnt repel Hungary at the moment.

It's actually kind of a running gag the Bundeswehr doesn't have a single helicopter that flies and no gun that shoots straight.
Did it ever occur to you that's on purpose?

edit on 31-3-2021 by Peeple because: add

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thats fine, we should pull our bases out anyway, they arent afraid of Russia at all.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Putin is a murdering dictator under the guise of a President. To say you'd trust him over the President of the United States is laughable. Do a little research into Putin, he's despicable. And you guys keep talking about how incoherent Biden is, yet at the same time, I'm suppose to believe he's instigating this huge plan to do "whatever". Which is it?

Just wait for Presidenta Harris to get going.

Not to mention the millions of babies his party has been complicit in murdering.

With Putin, at least it's "the devil you know." But you'll get it figured out before too long.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Yes. Please do so.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The US is the most murdering country by far since wwII with wars the US started or helped creating. Also destroying economies with sanctions where the citizens get hurt the most with starvation and poverty. I believe the US government is even very hostile to the people in the US:

The wealthy are reveling in their giant mountains of money, but meanwhile our society is literally coming apart at the seams all around us. The stock market has been hovering near all-time record highs, and for those at the very top of the economic pyramid these may seem like the best of times. But for most Americans, the “good old days” are a long distant memory. More than 70 million new claims for unemployment benefits have been filed over the past year, poverty is absolutely exploding all around us, and crime rates are shooting higher at an unprecedented rate.

The US government is good for BIG business/BIG banks/BIG stock market/BIG weapons industry mainly. The US needs enemy's so they create tensions worldwide, crippling country's economy's worldwide with sanctions and/or even war.
I can go on but...

edit on 31-3-2021 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I concur . I would trust Putin over Biden or any democrat. Without a shadow of a doubt. Matter of fact if the world was going to end and i had to pick a side. I would raise cups with Putin and enjoy my vodka.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:15 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Yes. Please do so.

We are in agreement! I knew you guys were a strong independent country that dont need no 'Murica!

You were once poised to take over Europe, I'm sure 70 years later you can at least run yourselves.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Yes. Please do so.

We are in agreement! I knew you guys were a strong independent country that dont need no 'Murica!

You were once poised to take over Europe, I'm sure 70 years later you can at least run yourselves.

Murica is the reason we got some issues with Russia right now. Murica doesn't want good relations between the EU and Russia, it's common sense!
So yea get out and fix your own country, it's in bad shape! Although EU leaders are also to blaim they often follow the US sadly.
edit on 2-4-2021 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Murica is the reason we got some issues with Russia right now. Murica doesn't want good relations between the EU and Russia, it's common sense!

Russia is the reason we have problems with Russia right now and also the reason many more Russians are questioning the legitimacy of their leadership.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Our policing over the past 75 years isn't even close to what Germany and Russia accomplished in just 6 years. Germany needs another generation or two before the N word gets forgotten.

And my point is... Merkel is shifting North, and I wonder if the rest of the EU is onboard? I doubt it. It's a very thin veneer of trust the rest of the EU has with Germany.

. a reply to: Peeple

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Riiiight. Europe couldnt even handle the Bosnia conflict on its own. Hell, Europe cant even get Covid under control with a vaccine, cuz France is being Nationalistic about it, and Brussels moves at a glacial pace.

Maybe when the EU army gets the go-ahead in 2100, THEN US influence may wane.

a reply to: Pluginn

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Are we still under the illusion the EU in its current form will survive? I don't think so.

And that's kind of exactly why Germany shouldn't have any military or be part of NATO etc. the N-thing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join