It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being forced to wear a COVID mask is dehumanizing us.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The Marvel Movie Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) Features Bucky Barnes as the brainwashed winter soldier as a classic villain.
Here is what is stated about why he wore mask, and why he doesn't anymore in the new series where he is now a good guy.

The Winter Soldier wore a mask not to conceal his identity but to dehumanize him. ... Instead of Captain America going all out against the HYDRA assassin, treating him as any other adversary, Steve would be more conflicted about taking on Bucky.

The masks are doing great phycological harm, we can't see anybody smile at us, it makes people look more ominous.
Facial gestures have been depended on for millennia for humans to read each other, this is now taken away from everybody.

I have come to the conclusion that at this point masks are doing more harm than good for people. Herd immunity and the vaccines and summer coming with flu season coming to an end, it's time the masks go. Let the scared ones continue to wear them but those that have no fear should be allowed to remove them anywhere they go.

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Also, in my opinion this pandemic hasn't been as deadly as the media & powers that be made/make it out to be, so the visual of the masks helps perpetuate the fear and "ever-present danger" psychological effect

(post by Blue Shift removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Did you defend the mask mandate when it was first implemented last year?

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
The masks are doing great phycological harm, we can't see anybody smile at us, it makes people look more ominous.

I can tell when someone smiles even if they have a mask on.

Where I live people also greet each other, even if they are strangers, so a nice good morning/afternoon/evening, is shared, even from behind a mask.

Honestly, I think people are just looking for a reason to not wear a mask. If you don't want to, just don't. There is no need to try and justify it.
edit on 30-3-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Yup. Forced masking and social isolation considered literally torture by the UN and the WHO. I made a thread about it a few months back.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Never once have I even had a mask in my hand. Simply refuse, it’s easy

Never once have I used a tracing app or signed my name on a form to enter a shop, and nor will I

Unenforceable mandates is all they are. I will never be arrested for my refusal to participate in the farce

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Did you defend the mask mandate when it was first implemented last year?

I absolutely did not. But I made the mistake of thinking that it had something to do with me personally. Also that it had something to do with limiting the spread of the disease. It didn't have to do with either of those things. It had to do with reducing the fear in others who felt particularly vulnerable, like old people or people with families. That was a good enough reason for me.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
POST REMOVED BY STAFF.

I hope that was sarcasm. Or did you just say that all white people are racist snd hence deserve a bit of the same?
What a childish way of soving any problem.
You do know that white people are not only a minority but compared to other races we are the least racist, we ended slavery, we helped the Indians fight for their freedom.
We brought knowledge to people and are always hanging out in Africa to help.
White countries are prioritising minorities like no other, but I guess we all deserve, in our own countries, to be dehumanised, because you feel black people are. Like Oprah and all the NBA players and one of your presidents and more rich black people I've ever seen.

Pack it in. I don't see color, I see merit and decency. What you just wished on every girl, boy, mum, dad is generalised revenge and incredibly racist. It's a coward move to hate those that do more than anyone else on this planet, because you know we are walkovers. Please learn that slavery and dehumanising behaviour is very strong in Africa and the middleast towards black people. I bet you wouldn't date to soeak up against them in their countries!!!
No thought not...
edit on Wed Mar 31 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

You also made the mistake of completely fabricating that it was somehow related to “race”

That’s what racists do

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

No one is forcing you to wear a mask. Say "no thanks" and go about your business.

Mask mandates are not law. Stick up for yourself and tell the mandate enforcing Karen's to #off.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I don't feel dehumanized at all. The kind of masks I wear bring people together. Somebody says, "Hey, I like your mask!" and I say, "I like yours!" and we have a conversation we never would have had without masks. If you feel "dehumanized" I suggest it's in your head.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
www.dailywire.com... hapiro&fbclid=IwAR3aEy0Se2fYZiYWCMRQ9aVWvGbWP-MIjaa8Frauo4iCOmF50DIclp_EeQI

There’s a “million maskless March and mask burning” coming up too

Not ONE single case of the Kung-flu will come from that
I wonder why?

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

The kind of masks I wear bring people together. Somebody says, "Hey, I like your mask!" and I say, "I like yours!" and we have a conversation we never would have had without masks

Couldn't you just do the same thing with like a shirt or a jacket or a tattoo or some other accessory the other person's sporting while not wearing a mask?

How does wearing a mask suddenly grant you the ability to talk to people you otherwise couldn't?

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Also that it had something to do with limiting the spread of the disease. It didn't have to do with either of those things. It had to do with reducing the fear in others who felt particularly vulnerable, like old people or people with families. That was a good enough reason for me.

This thread...I swear...

So what you're saying is, everyone else is responsible for doing something completely and utterly useless that goes beyond minor inconvenience just so the very small minority of vulnerable people can feel safe and secure???

What a #ing idiotic way of thinking..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join