It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The forgotten medieval fruit with a vulgar name

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I read the entire article. Hell yes i wanna try one! No idea where to find it though in San Diego. The search continues..

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
only edible when they're rotten.... nope.. lol

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   

So i had a best friend that lived in New Braunfels. He did something that i will never talk to him over, but thats another story. In his front yard he had this tree with fruits that were delicious. You put the whole thing in your mouth, then spit out the seed. You can chew the fruit up, but it can be a bit tough. I have spent at least 15 years trying to find out what that tree was...the fruit was really good. I had resigned to calling it a guava, but knew that was not right.

THis. This is that fruit.

They are delicious. I wouldn't cry at not ticking it off the bucket list...they aren't to die for. But they are delicious. We'd just chew it till the custardy filling was gone, then spit the rind back out.

That tree died back in 2011 in the big drought we had in Texas. His landlord tried to make him pay for it.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

So i had a best friend that lived in New Braunfels. He did something that i will never talk to him over, but thats another story. In his front yard he had this tree with fruits that were delicious. You put the whole thing in your mouth, then spit out the seed. You can chew the fruit up, but it can be a bit tough. I have spent at least 15 years trying to find out what that tree was...the fruit was really good. I had resigned to calling it a guava, but knew that was not right.

THis. This is that fruit.

They are delicious. I wouldn't cry at not ticking it off the bucket list...they aren't to die for. But they are delicious. We'd just chew it till the custardy filling was gone, then spit the rind back out.

That tree died back in 2011 in the big drought we had in Texas. His landlord tried to make him pay for it.

ain't it great when an old question gets unexpectedly answered?

thanks for all the posts. I wondered if this would get any attention.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join