It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you forget the Lord's supper on 14 Nisan?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
How silent the thread has become.....

Apologetics is useless. ATS has proved this.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Hey..... you are on the right track....this is what this thread is all about.

14 Nisan...the day Yeshua dies and all anyone has to say is to bitch and moan about it in this thread. Why? Sinners do not like to be shown their sins.

Instead of learning how to better worship and show your love for Christ, many want to point fingers. It makes them feel better.

A child of God, has a personal relationship with God.

I chimed in to bring up the faithful praying before dinner, I wasn't sure how often you came across that. It's often a daily thing, though traditionally more formally done before holiday meals.

I think the practice of giving thanks and remembering Christ's sacrifice helps to center us, and enjoy the company of those we care about. It's part of looking forward to sharing a meal together and building up each other in faith.

Those I looked up to set an example, for me. Individuals' personal relationship with God varies and isn't usually the topic of discussion per se, rather the tender heartfelt conversations that can happen over a meal together.
edit on 28-3-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: spelling

edit on 28-3-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I'm a little confused about the timeline. Nisan 14 is supposedly the last supper, the betrayal, the arrest, the trial and conviction, the dragging of the cross to the mount, the nailing of the Christ to the cross and then hoisted upright with the other two criminals, pierced by a roman spear, and finally dying on the cross. His body is removed, cleaned and placed in the tomb - all on the same day?

I may be wrong, but the last supper, if a supper is an evening meal, should have been held on Nisan 13, then the betrayal, the arrest and trial before midnight. Then the dragging of the cross to the mount, etc. on Nisan 14. Three days later, the Resurrection on Nisan 17.

That timeline seems to make more sense to me.

I also believe that Mary Magdalene was a angel of the Lord's sent to watch over Christ and make sure everything went as planned. She seems to have been a mystery, I believe...

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
A great tradition in my home however we not only pray at food time, we also worship God throughout the day and night, with music, prayers, frankencense and Myrth incense and bible versus. We worship more than the five to six daily prayers.

This life is a test.....free will. You will either pass or fail God's test. Saying you love God means nothing..... showing God how MUCH you love him by remember special HOLY times on the correct days shows a love others who do not share.

BTW - The Lord's supper is the Christian Convenant and not a one Christian on ATS who shared this thread even realized it and its importance..... what a shame because they did not know......until now....

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml

Hey..... you are on the right track....this is what this thread is all about.

14 Nisan...the day Yeshua dies and all anyone has to say is to bitch and moan about it in this thread. Why? Sinners do not like to be shown their sins.

Instead of learning how to better worship and show your love for Christ, many want to point fingers. It makes them feel better.

A child of God, has a personal relationship with God.

I chimed in to bring up the faithful praying before dinner, I wasn't sure how often you came across that. It's often a daily thing, though traditionally more formally done before holiday meals.

I think the practice of giving thanks and remembering Christ's sacrifice helps to center us, and enjoy the company of those I care about. It's part of looking forward to sharing a meal together and building up each other in faith.

Those I looked up to set an example, for me. Individuals' personal relationship with God varies and isn't usually the topic of discussion per see, rather the tender heartfelt conversations that can happen over a meal together.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

You're a wolf and you would yoke believers with your works based doctrine.

You keep saying I do this, i do that, look at me, I deserve heaven.....
None of us deserve heaven, and those who heap works to themselves have even LESS faith than those trusting in Christ. See what you're doing is, it is finished. . . . But....
It is finished . . . . However.

I hate this doctrine, I think its evil. Your threads gone quiet because you're being insufferable.

Tell me, oh Christian, when God asks you why you should be allowed into heaven, what will you say?
Are you a good person?

You said you've gone past grace alone, then you need to step back because you've gone passed the gospel!

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Which were we commanded to do? Keep to the letter of the law ... or the spirit of it?

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Either you have a low IQ or drunk.

I NEVER said I am beyond grace. You are a liar. I talked about faith not grace.

No reason to discuss with you. Follow the Babylon whore and enjoy.

Get your crap in order before coming down on me with your judgement of lies.

originally posted by: Joneselius

You're a wolf and you would yoke believers with your works based doctrine.

You keep saying I do this, i do that, look at me, I deserve heaven.....
None of us deserve heaven, and those who heap works to themselves have even LESS faith than those trusting in Christ. See what you're doing is, it is finished. . . . But....
It is finished . . . . However.

I hate this doctrine, I think its evil. Your threads gone quiet because you're being insufferable.

Tell me, oh Christian, when God asks you why you should be allowed into heaven, what will you say?
Are you a good person?

You said you've gone past grace alone, then you need to step back because you've gone passed the gospel!

edit on 28-3-2021 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Very good my Christian sister.

OF COURSE BY SPIRIT.

Which drives me out of a love which I can not describe. And yesterday I celebrated the Lord's Supper in flesh and spirit.

originally posted by: ketsuko
Which were we commanded to do? Keep to the letter of the law ... or the spirit of it?

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   
OP is the typical xtian you see these days.

-Says/posts something that they think everyone should agree with.
-When the above doesn’t happen, insults/name calling/threats come next.
-Then people stop talking to them and, for some unknown reason, they think they’ve “won”.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I really hope you are right that I am a typical Christian...

It does not bother me you throw words at me as you judge me. This was a teaching thread for the lost and wannabe Christians hoping they will see the error and come back to the truth.

From your red evil eyes it is apparent which team you chose so no matter what you say, I will smile and ask Father to move you in the spirit world to the truth so you can better decide how you want to spend eternity.

originally posted by: TerryDon79
OP is the typical xtian you see these days.

-Says/posts something that they think everyone should agree with.
-When the above doesn’t happen, insults/name calling/threats come next.
-Then people stop talking to them and, for some unknown reason, they think they’ve “won”.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I really shouldn't chime in on this thread seeing the spirit being displayed in here. Hopefully everyone can calm down. If you are serious about serving God then it should allow you to display the fruitage of the spirit of peace and patience. Not bickering and fighting.

But since I am here I will expound upon some of the questions regarding the observance of Christ's death.

Firstly it is the only anniversary, or observance the Christian Bible commands a Christian to commemorate, or celebrate: "Keep doing this in remembrance of me."-Luke 22:19.

That Jesus didn't have to literally say this was to be a yearly celebration but that it was implicitly implied can be seen in when and how he initiated the special event.

Firstly, when did it happen? It was on the night of Passover, Nisan 14, 33 C. E. Now if you recall Passover is called just that because it is the night the angel of death passed over the houses of the Israelites in Egypt when all the firstborn of Egypt were put to death. Only those who had the blood of the lamb sprinkled on their doorposts did the angel pass over their house.

The blood of the lamb represented the blood that the Lamb Jesus Christ was to pour out on behalf of all humankind that puts faith in his ransom sacrifice.

The Israelites were told to celebrate the Passover during the week of unleavened bread which started on Nisan 14. And they celebrate this day even today!

Now before Jesus started the observance of his death he first celebrated the Passover with his chosen apostles. The 12 were with him, but he dismissed Judas before celebrating. Then after celebrating the Passover he then commemorated the Lord's evening meal. When he told his followers to "keep doing this" he was replacing the Passover celebration for the commemoration of his death.

So true Christians who are taken into the New Covenant are commanded to observe Christ's death every year on Nisan 14. It is a yearly observance, just as was the Passover.

Today when does a new day start? It is as 12AM, in the middle of the night. During Jesus' time, the day started at sundown. So Jesus waited until the sun had set before celebrating the Passover. The next day it was still Nisan 14 until sundown. By then Jesus had been hung on the stake, murdered, taken down and buried. For it was not lawful to keep a man hanging until sundown.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Whatever you say. Why don’t you go make another thread on how you’re right and “me me me me me me!”

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hi good question,

First.....when the sun goes down, is when the new day starts, not at midnight. So Thursday evening is Friday morning to the Jew when the sun sets on Thursday..... It goes fron sunset to sunset. A bit tricky to get use to. Jewish calender is a lunar calender of 12 months with 30 days in each month for a total of 360 days a year. The Georgia calender we use is not lunar and has 365 days a year.

On the begining of Nisan 14 is Nisan 13 sunset.... So evening meal (after sunset) is a meal for the new day... so in Gentile terms: on the evening of 13 Nisan (which starts 14 Nisan) Jesus made a covenant with his apostles (bread and wine) which is called the Christian Covenant, after the meal, HE and his apostles went outside the inn to a nearby park, where Judas and the Temple guards found him, arrested him, through him in prison, at daybreak (same day as Nisan 14) Yeshua was whipped, beaten, humiliated, and crucified around 0900 hours and dying at approx 1500 hours..... all on 14 Nisan.

And 14 Nisan .....do we REALLY need to point fingers at me (NOT YOU) because Yeshua made a covenant with those who follow him, was beaten and crucified and people ask what is the big deal about 14 Nisan. If a Christian must ask then he/she who claims to be a Christian is NOT one for this person is being misled, A very grave sin.....

Peace

DS

originally posted by: NightFlight

I'm a little confused about the timeline. Nisan 14 is supposedly the last supper, the betrayal, the arrest, the trial and conviction, the dragging of the cross to the mount, the nailing of the Christ to the cross and then hoisted upright with the other two criminals, pierced by a roman spear, and finally dying on the cross. His body is removed, cleaned and placed in the tomb - all on the same day?

I may be wrong, but the last supper, if a supper is an evening meal, should have been held on Nisan 13, then the betrayal, the arrest and trial before midnight. Then the dragging of the cross to the mount, etc. on Nisan 14. Three days later, the Resurrection on Nisan 17.

That timeline seems to make more sense to me.

I also believe that Mary Magdalene was a angel of the Lord's sent to watch over Christ and make sure everything went as planned. She seems to have been a mystery, I believe...

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Very good my Christian sister.

OF COURSE BY SPIRIT.

Which drives me out of a love which I can not describe. And yesterday I celebrated the Lord's Supper in flesh and spirit.

originally posted by: ketsuko

So which are you commanding us to do - keep to the letter of the law or its spirit?

I respect that you know the old calendar and the feast days on that calendar. But you are holding to both the letter and the spirit of the commandment.

Most do not know the old calendar. Most do not live by it. Most *do* know of the feast days and keep them though, even if they don't know the old calendar and live by it. They are keeping to the spirit, and yet you excoriate them for also not keeping to the letter.

Are you claiming your zeal and faith is less than one who would allow themselves to be nailed in truth to a cross for their faith in re-enactment of what Christ himself went through?

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Get over yourself. You're desperate to ge disliked because it validates your 'I'm alone in my super duper Christianity'....

No one is judging you, you didnt answer my question .people with your view NEVER answer my question because it exposes you.

Answer me
What will you say to God when he asks you why you should be allowed into heaven?

Are you a good person?

These are basic questions..... Before you get all offended again (which is a sin, so welcome to the club) please just answer the question.

By trying to yoke people to observe times and seasons exposes you enough, but let's do the whole shebang, and you should pay attention because, as I said your doctrine is evil... if it's based on works and observing holy days.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

So true Christians who are taken into the New Covenant are commanded to observe Christ's death every year on Nisan 14. It is a yearly observance, just as was the Passover.

Thank you brother,

EXACTLY ............. COMMANDED

A command to the Christians.......

So how many wannabe Christians failed to follow this command on 14 Nisan.???

REPENT

and get over it. Ask your Father in heaven for forgiveness and CHANGE!!!

FOLLOW stop trying to lead!! (not you brother, I am talking to those who disagree)

Peace

DS

originally posted by: MidnightHawk
I really shouldn't chime in on this thread seeing the spirit being displayed in here. Hopefully everyone can calm down. If you are serious about serving God then it should allow you to display the fruitage of the spirit of peace and patience. Not bickering and fighting.

But since I am here I will expound upon some of the questions regarding the observance of Christ's death.

Firstly it is the only anniversary, or observance the Christian Bible commands a Christian to commemorate, or celebrate: "Keep doing this in remembrance of me."-Luke 22:19.

That Jesus didn't have to literally say this was to be a yearly celebration but that it was implicitly implied can be seen in when and how he initiated the special event.

Firstly, when did it happen? It was on the night of Passover, Nisan 14, 33 C. E. Now if you recall Passover is called just that because it is the night the angel of death passed over the houses of the Israelites in Egypt when all the firstborn of Egypt were put to death. Only those who had the blood of the lamb sprinkled on their doorposts did the angel pass over their house.

The blood of the lamb represented the blood that the Lamb Jesus Christ was to pour out on behalf of all humankind that puts faith in his ransom sacrifice.

The Israelites were told to celebrate the Passover during the week of unleavened bread which started on Nisan 14. And they celebrate this day even today!

Now before Jesus started the observance of his death he first celebrated the Passover with his chosen apostles. The 12 were with him, but he dismissed Judas before celebrating. Then after celebrating the Passover he then commemorated the Lord's evening meal. When he told his followers to "keep doing this" he was replacing the Passover celebration for the commemoration of his death.

Today when does a new day start? It is as 12AM, in the middle of the night. During Jesus' time, the day started at sundown. So Jesus waited until the sun had set before celebrating the Passover. The next day it was still Nisan 14 until sundown. By then Jesus had been hung on the stake, murdered, taken down and buried. For it was not lawful to keep a man hanging until sundown.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Colossians 2:16: "Therefore let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths.

You have. . . . .Read the Bible havent you? Why are you so desperate to cling to the law? If you do, you're a sinner.....

We get it, you celebrated the Sabbath and that's great , the passover too.
Stop joking everyone else with your work. Which is what that is, and leave them be!

You come across like the Pharisees waiting for Jesus to heal someone so they could pounce and lay accusations.

And spare us the "I'm the real Christian" garb too, There is some exceptional Christian's on this forum. You're yet to show fruit.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

Colossians 2:16: "Therefore let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths.

You have. . . . .Read the Bible havent you? Why are you so desperate to cling to the law? If you do, you're a sinner.....

The commemoration of Christ's death was not under the law. Of course the Passover was. Jesus is the one who instituted the celebration of his death on Passover and gave the explicit command to celebrate it, that it was implicitly implied it would replace the Passover celebration for Christians is in exactly how he initiated what is commonly known as the Lord's evening meal.
edit on 28-3-2021 by MidnightHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Thank you brother,

EXACTLY ............. COMMANDED

A command to the Christians.......

So how many wannabe Christians failed to follow this command on 14 Nisan.???

REPENT

and get over it. Ask your Father in heaven for forgiveness and CHANGE!!!

FOLLOW stop trying to lead!! (not you brother, I am talking to those who disagree)

Peace

DS

originally posted by: MidnightHawk

Your zeal is commendable. But remember this:

"But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone who demands of you a reason for the hope you have, but doing so with a mild temper and deep respect."-1 Peter 3:15.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightHawk

Which you can give thanks for any time you want to! That's the whole point!

the apostles, including Paul, understood very well the place and purpose of the Sabbath. It was a sign for the Jews, beginning with Moses and ending with the crucifixion of Christ. It is interesting to note that once the Jews are regathered and recognize God as their King, the Sabbath will be observed again (Ezek. 36:16-38). Isaiah 56:2-3

If you do something, do it to the glory of God. We dont need to be yoked like this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join