It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Now Completely Out of Touch With Mainstream America!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
There's a reason we call extremists extremists. What don't these wedge hounds get? As we watch the DeLay led GOP implode in a made for TV spectacle DeLay himself admits is a "disgusting" politicized oppportunity to "excite" extremists, one need only look to the mirror of mainstream American reaction to see how extreme and unrepresentative the once Grand Old Party has become.

ABCNEWS POLL
Federal Intervention in Schiavo Case Prompts Broad Public Disapproval

3/20. MoE 4.5% (No trend lines.)

Removal of feeding tube

Support 63%
Oppose 28%

Federal Intervention

Support 35%
Oppose 60%

Appropriate for Congress to get involved?

Appropriate 27%
Not Appropriate 70%

Reason political leaders are trying to keep Shiavo alive

Concern about Shiavo 19%
Political Advantage 67%

Even among evangelicals, 46 percent support removal of the feeding tube, as opposed to 44 percent who oppose. Conservatives support removal of the feeding tube 54-40.

So the GOP isn't even representing the majority of evangelicals and conservatives! much less America.

If only it were just this issue. Just how low and out of touch can the GOP go?

Pick an issue. Any issue!

Consolidated summaries of America's Opinions at PollingReport.com

Is the GOP right to try and nuke the filibuster rules while they hold a majority?

America says NO!
57 to 37%

Is the GOP right to seek appointments and measures to overturn Roe v Wade?

America says NO!
(various) 50-60's to 20-30%

Approve of the way Bush is handling Social Security?

America says NO!
59 to 33%

Right track/Wrong track?

America says NO!
Trends since re-election of Bush and GOP widening of majority have been consistently Wrong Track and Dissatisifed!

Uh, I'm sure people like some things. In fact, I know the extremists LOVE the GOP for it's pandering against America. But it's really the packaging isn't it? I'll give you this, and take away these 10 things while you aren't looking. How they can be so out of touch on so many issues though and get away with it is astounding!

The sad, sad, neo-GOP now represents nothing but extremists. Not all the same ones mind you, but all extremists... weeeeeeeedged together in a sham of a "majority" not at all representative of the actual majority in any way shape or form.

Damn the extremist GOP's manipulation of the fake fanatical divide.

America better wake up.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
First of all the, the first poll is an abc news poll. Abc news is known for leaning to the left. And it's viewers(those they have left) lean to the left. I hardly consider that poll to represent "mainstream" America.

Your other poll posts are also flawed. You can't look at just one poll of a particular subject and say that it represents the majority of America. There are some polls, for instance, that have polled Americans all over the country for a period of years that say that....over 83% of Americans want the overturning of Roe Vs. Wade. I'll post the links if you want.

I have seen scientific polls conducted over a period of years that say two different things. The point is that polls have almost never been very accurate in saying what the population is really feeling on current events.

If anything it is the Democratic party who has lost touch with mainstream America. The party is imploding. If it's the GOP that's imploding, then howcome in almost every election(the ones not rigged that is) more republicans travel to D.C.? You watch. Mark my words. A lot of the democrats in the House who voted against the Terry bill, are going to get voted out of office in the next comming election.

[edit on 3/21/2005 by HALLOWEEN78]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HALLOWEEN78
There are some polls, for instance, that have polled Americans all over the country for a period of years that say that....over 83% of Americans want the overturning of Roe Vs. Wade. I'll post the links if you want.

RANT, this why it's impossible to debate with these kinds of people. They're detached from any semblance of reality, and they live in fantasy world created by the Jesus Jones echo chamber. Facts and common sense need not apply, when faith is all you need.

The world needs to conform around their perception, rather than the other way around. Anything that confronts their world view, may it be science, media, the universities, or anything else, they choose to invalidate it.
Like a child, who says "If I don't open my eyes, then it doesn't really exist".

"83% of Americans want to overturn Roe". Amercians living in Utah maybe. The sheer math of it alone should ring the bell of common sense, yet, does it? No. He repeats in a forum, as though it were the gospel according to Mike.

But, then again, it's hard to debate with people who believe the world is 6,000 years old.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
In the past, I'd stop to argue with every sandwich board wearing whacko proclaiming up is down or black is white, but I've since had a revelation.

The extremists really don't know they're extremists. That's mostly due to the "fair & balanced" conspiracy against democracy... where I've also taken the time to list pretty much all Roe v Wade polls since the 70's, but does it ever do any good? No. Complete denial of reality. :shk:

We're the majority!
All 15% of us that want to ban all abortions and all 30% of us that want to privatize Social Security and all 5% of us that want to do whatever it is fringe radical extremists pandered to by the GOP want to do. Because we're wedged together under one umbrella we're not fringe anymore. We're the mainstream majority now!

No. Not by the issues you aren't. Whacko.

While it's nice to occasionally remind extremists they are extremists, merely engaging the rabid fringe elements of our society is actually the problem.

It's just a shame the GOP wedge party owes extremists so much. What a horribly anti-American strategy to win elections.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HALLOWEEN78
First of all the, the first poll is an abc news poll. Abc news is known for leaning to the left. And it's viewers(those they have left) lean to the left. I hardly consider that poll to represent "mainstream" America.

Your other poll posts are also flawed. You can't look at just one poll of a particular subject and say that it represents the majority of America. There are some polls, for instance, that have polled Americans all over the country for a period of years that say that....over 83% of Americans want the overturning of Roe Vs. Wade. I'll post the links if you want.

I have seen scientific polls conducted over a period of years that say two different things. The point is that polls have almost never been very accurate in saying what the population is really feeling on current events.

If anything it is the Democratic party who has lost touch with mainstream America. The party is imploding. If it's the GOP that's imploding, then howcome in almost every election(the ones not rigged that is) more republicans travel to D.C.? You watch. Mark my words. A lot of the democrats in the House who voted against the Terry bill, are going to get voted out of office in the next comming election.

HALLOWEEN, it seems that you have the last laugh concerning ABC's poll about Terri Schiavo. Rant (he's a moderator?) opened mouth and inserted foot about the validity of the ABC poll - and - the Roe vs Wade decision.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

On the Tony Snow show this morning, hosted by John Gibson, a nurse reported - early on in Terri's injury - Michael Schiavo would ask, "Ain't that bitch dead yet?" (the bitch part was bleeped out) He also told the nurse to take a damp cloth away from Terri because he considered that therapy.

Good try Rant but no cigar. Halloween, we have to remember, Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!

Chief

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by w555hc
HALLOWEEN, it seems that you have the last laugh concerning ABC's poll about Terri Schiavo. Rant (he's a moderator?) opened mouth and inserted foot about the validity of the ABC poll - and - the Roe vs Wade decision.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Good try Rant but no cigar. Halloween, we have to remember, Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!

Chief

It rather seems we have another perfect case of "Denial of Reality" by the fringe elements of society turning to self reinforcing fringe reflections of itself, plugging it's ears and going na na na na na na ...I'll hear no truths today!

This is like a whacko liberal pointing to a link at RENSE to support their theory Bush is Satan.

I already and specifically dealt with the teeth gnashing intern bloggers over at WorldNetDaily in the link I posted to all the Roe v Wade data. They say every poll is wrong!!! What a track record. :shk:

And in this case they're wrong again. Their premise to which you think you're owed a har de har and claim I'm the idiot is that ABC supposedly informed respondents of the case. NOT true. The same study reveals over half of America had considerable knowledge of it from peer discussions with nearly 60% in general saying they were following the case VERY CLOSELY, so to the extent the pollsters read the same FACTUAL BLURB to every respondent (a hallmark of good marketing research) that Doctors say she has no consciousness and her condition is irreversible.... AND HER PARENTS DISAGREE is the TRUTH.

THE TRUTH. Do you understand that? It's REALITY? Ring any bells?

So pathetic try there Chief. Not even close. You lose. Chew on the foot in your mouth a while extremist.

You won't be taking on the majority of America with a link to WorldNetDaily today.
God, what a joke.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by w555hc

Your other poll posts are also flawed. You can't look at just one poll of a particular subject and say that it represents the majority of America.

Hmm, ABC is too left-leaning--how about the righties over at FOX News?

Never a network to be accused of even making left-turns, a Fox News poll released on March 4th also showed that the majority of Americans agreed with yet another Florida Supreme court ruling that Terri Schiavo's feeding tube should be removed.

www.foxnews.com...

I would also bring up yesterday's CNN-Gallup-USA Today poll which came up with the same results, but if you think ABC is too liberal, I can only imagine what you must think of the tree huggers at CNN & USA Today.

Not that this even matters.

I think that all of this bible beating and sob-sister grandstanding has eased Bush's Social Security privatization initiative off the front page. It's not there! Where'd it go??

Heaven forbid that the spotlight be on a sinking ship. While the media is focused on the lunatic fringe, Bush can be the hero once again (Private accounts? What private accounts? I was saving lives!) while his advisors regroup and come up with a new strategery.

Let's just hope that happens soon so we can stop being subjected to fringe issues. I'll make someone a bet that as soon as the Terri Schiavo news blows over that there is going to be a tense sixteen-hour Siamese-twin separation surgery.... either that or it is time to invade the Falkland Islands again.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think any political system that, in it's most important elections, can barely engage with 50% of the elligible voting public is dangerously out of touch.

What alarms me even more is the manner in which this has become the big elephant in the room no-one dare even mention never mind discuss with any seriousness.

new topics

top topics

join