It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Snots Is Back !!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   
A couple of years ago, my fiance was out walking. She walks several miles a day all around town and one day a tiny kitten followed her.
It's belly was swollen from having worms and she was as thin as a rail. I have average size hands and I could hold her in one, that's how small she was.
This was in late December, the temps were dropping fast and this little girl was not going to last much longer, so she scooped her up and brought her home. She was sick. You know when cats get a upper respiratory infection how their eyes leak and nose runs ? This tiny baby had all that and every time she sneezed, you'd be covered in snot. We got her to the Vet the next day and he gave her meds. Since I have a fast metabolism and am always very warm, she gravitated to me. She would cuddle and snuggle and till the anti biotics kicked in, sneezed all over me.
She is and will forever be The Snots.
It's what she answers to and if you call "Chloe " you're outta luck.
A month ago, late at night, I opened the door to take the dogs out. Snots darted out the door and just took off. She's done that before, but is usually back in about 10 minutes. She'd just get out, run around the back yard for a bit and then come back in. She is not an outside cat by any means. This time, she was gone. I took a flashlight and went looking for her. No Snots. I spent day after day walking the neighborhood calling her name and knocking on doors. No Snots.
You need to understand that she grew up in the house and no experience with being an outside cat. Not long after she disappeared, we had a cold snap. Temps were down in single digits with a sub zero wind chill. Then we had 15 inches of snow and I had given up hope of finding her alive or her ever coming back.
Went to the back door this morning to let the dogs out and there she was.

THE SNOTS IS BACK !!

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

This made me happy with a chance or tears (guaranteed tears).

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Make sure she didn't get knocked up by the local Tom.
Doesn't take long when they get out.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

We had her fixed as soon as she was old enough, so no problem there.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You do know that you don't own a cat. A cat owns you. They'll go where they're best looked after, so if someone (it could be a next door neighbour) feeds the cat better than you then they'll move.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Good to hear that she's home and safe. Great news.

I have to say that I laughed at the thought of you wandering the neighbourhood calling "Snots".

Did the neighbours raise an eyebrow or are you known well in the area?

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

I know all my neighbors within a 2 block area, plus I work at a local bar so I know everyone and they know me.

My fiance and I are well known for taking care of stray pets and finding their owners, so wandering the streets calling names is no surprise.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Good to hear that she's home and safe. Great news.

I have to say that I laughed at the thought of you wandering the neighbourhood calling "Snots".

Did the neighbours raise an eyebrow or are you known well in the area?

HA! That's what I was going to say!

David, I am so happy to hear that Snots is back and alive! Yay!

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

This is really the good story I needed to read today. ;o)

Cats live life entirely on their own terms; you can motivate a dog to do as you wish because they want more than anything to please you, because they are pack creatures. Cats have no such motivations, but they give you back what you give to them, and I respect them. Crayzeed is exactly right -- they operate completely upon their own satisfaction of their desires.

I've had two different cats just vanish and then return weeks later. No accounting for it, although I thought one of them was perhaps sick, and cats won't come to you when they're ill as a dog would. Nope. They go off on their own. Two years ago, I went to the U.S. to bring my Mom here. While I was gone, our 14-year-old female cat just didn't show up one night. She was gone the entire 10 days that I was, and we figured she'd gone off to die as cats do. Back in the bush somewhere we'd never find her.

I was home a week and one night, there she was, crying at the front door.

Don't try to suss the motivations of cats. Just love them and be glad when they're home.
edit on 7/3/21 by argentus because: speillin

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Coolio. It's just that I know a guy with tourettes and he shouts things while he's out and about and always get the old raised eye brow treatment from those who don't know him. I could imagine him shouting "snot" .

I had a cat once and he was really a cool dude. The neighbour had a huge dog and one day found a little black stray cat and asked if we'd take her in as we already had a cat. We did and she was an adventurous little thing and great fun.
I miss them now.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Glad your cat decided to come home.

We have a cat that was our neighbors. One winter I was home and I opened the door to do something and the cat just ran in the house. I told her to get out and then of course she didn't so I picked her up and put her out.

Then a few days later she came to the door. It was snowing and freezing so I thought what the hell and let her in.

Then she kept coming in and my wife bought cat food for her. Then she started staying the night and my wife bought cat toys for her.

Eventually most nights the cat would come to our house and hop in bed with us and so on and so on.

We went to her owner and said hey your cat is at our house a lot so if you are ever looking for her let us know or if its a problem we will stop letting her in.

Eventually the neighbor was packing up to move and my wife panicked thinking they were going to take the cat with them. So I went to the neighbor and said hey we really like the cat and would like to keep her, just tell me how much you want and I will pay it. Thankfully, the neighbor said if you just promise to take good care of her then you can have her.

Of course I said that won't be a problem. The cat has beds, toys, and at least 6 types of food out to choose from LOL.

The cat rules the house.

We still let her out when she wants. Well at least I do, much to my wife's displeasure. She usually comes back within a few hours. Sometimes she doesn't come home for a night and i assume someone let her in and she is having a slumber party at their house.

She is a neighborhood celebrity known for just coming into peoples houses or hanging out with a random group of kids playing in the neighborhood. And also she is know for taking walks with us through the neighborhood. She just trails like 10 feet behind us lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

That cat sounds like BW. BW stands for black and white, and he's a massive black and white long haired tuxedo who runs the neighborhood where my aunt lives. He does have an owner, but the man works a lot. So BW lives more or less outside, and everyone feels sorry for him ... and supplies him with cat food and toys and his pick of beds and warm places to stay as he desires.

My understanding is that BW drops in to see his owner, but mostly stays off and on with everyone else.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

We have a cat that was our neighbors.
That there, practically describes cats to a T.

My Mom has a cat which we call Freddy after Fat Freddy's Cat. He stays at night at the mini-hotel down the road, and stays with her during the early morning through late evening, This cat has a permanent bitch face. Really. But he's a loving and even snuggling cat (at least with my Mom) in spite of him probably being mostly feral.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I hate dogs, hate cats, hate walls of text.

Hate that ATS is just a BS forum for anecdotal BS.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

You and me are going to go off-topic for a bit. I can take it. Can you?

This is a thread about a cat who left and came back, and yet you felt the need to post what you did. You've been around a while. Maybe you and me should talk for a bit via PM. There is much more than anecdotal information here on ATS. You seem to have an axe to grind. I have an idea. Why don't you go find a happy cat meme, possibly one about a lost cat reunion?

Otherwise, I really can't see the purpose for you being here. "Buckle Up Buttercup". They just said those words on the NASCAR race, which I'm watching. It's in Vegas. It will be bloody hot there soon. It's a good race.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Aww yes! Great to hear!

Now go to Walmart, and buy the pet finder gps tag. It’s like 20-30 bucks, fits on the data collar and streams their position to your phone, or computer.
Worth every penny.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Maybe you and me should talk for a bit via PM.
- It that like you offering to 'take me outside'?

Is this what they call 'passive aggressive' or just yet another ATS plonker?

Mate, you didn't even 'take me off topic'.

The OP is a BS wall of text about fk all. If you are ok with that, then fine, enjoy it. But I, and many others, aren't here at ATS for that waste of space BS.

Oh, and by the way, if you use passive aggressive threats like "let's me and you take a walk".... then don't forget to take the walk, otherwise you look like a pleb.

- Instantly goes back on topic

edit on 7-3-2021 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2021 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The OP is a BS wall of text about fk all

Then why did you bother to respond ? No one forced you to read it, but you feel like you have to belittle the subject.

I love dogs, cats and animals in general. I like ATS because we can share our triumphs and failures, joy and sadness.
If you don't like the content, why are you still here ?

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I have to think if you view the OP as a "wall of text" that you don't wander about the boards much. No matter. The thread is about cats. You don't like them. Why are you here? Lets you and me talk about it in PM and not fool with this thread.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
BOOOORRRRINGG!!!!!

Take your dogs and cats to a pet forum.

Why did I pass comment? Because if I don't pass comment then the forum that once was great will devolve into BS quicker than if I don't pass comment.

Pet forum at Reddit awaits...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join