It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realms One could reasonably assign the title of Hell to.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Below are a few of the states of existence which I would consider fitting of the title of Hell, depending on One's point of view.

Earth.

I promise you, if one were to look across our universe at all existing worlds, if one was aware of the complexity and intermingling of dimensions of life, then it's clear to see why we depict Hell as so terrifying. For a Spiritual Being to live as a Human on Earth in this Day, is painful and mind numbing.

The Spirit Realm

All things are possible in this Realm; we live that which we create for ourselves. After countless cycles of incarnations on earth, a soul can become 'broken' or 'disconnected', and create a veritable Hell for themselves.

Lower Dimensional Worlds

I know little of these, but I can see how this can be considered a Hell of sort. To be limited in existence and in capability of expression, to be witness to the material yet 'live' only through its inhabitants as an influence, insomuch as they allow.

Negatively Polarized Higher Dimensional Realm

I do not wish to speak much on this, as I know little of it. I am aware however that in higher dimensions, there is a 'split' in existence between "Positive/Negative" or "Love/Non-Love". Veritably then, the darker path could be considered a higher (or lower, depending on your point of view) level of Hell.

Personally, I'm not afraid of any and all Hells. I have found my faith and strengthened it in Gold, and I look forward to the Day of Judgment; if such thing exists!

Otherwise, I'm perfectly content going in circles forgetting/re-learning until we get it just right.

Or, maybe, I'm just a Fool and it's all in my head; to ashes we fall, and that is all. So be it then! Come what may!

For now, I live, as we all, and I choose to entertain such thoughts!

I encourage you to share what you believe "Hell" to be, if you even believe in such things.

I love a Good Story, so share as you please.

And have a Lovely Day!

I love you all.

^_^

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

Otherwise, I'm perfectly content going in circles forgetting/re-learning until we get it just right.

Right. But, what is right?

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   

You should read Memnoch The Devil by Anne Rice. Her prose paints an astonishing picture of her version of hell which is very convincing if you believe in any sort of afterlife. The book is fantastic.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Hell is being separated from that which you love most.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   
No one wants to live in Mexico or Cuba, but everyone want a vacation in Mexico or Cuba.

Not everyones the summer or the winter, but Hell was more frigid.
edit on 3-3-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hell was a theo-illogical invention to keep pews and offering plates full. The name comes from the pagan Norse goddess/ogress "Hel" who ruled her afterlife realm of Helheim or "House of Hel." The pagan Norse supposed you spent eternity there if you did not rate going to Valhalla.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   
My feeling is that we reincarnatie to a planet in this realm but not always as a high level lifeform. But if our memories don't always reincarnate with our soul then it probably isn't the I that I think I am that will reincarnate. But a new me, ready to replay all the mistakes that I have made in this life. I already feel sorry for that sucker.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Sure I bet hells swim up bar is freakin lit.

a reply to: Specimen88

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 01:26 AM
link   

You know what would be the ultimate hell for me?

Imagine the following scenario.

You go to heaven, and you realize that your neighbors for eternity are the two guys who killed your teenage child, but not before brutally torturing her for hours. They accepted Christ as their saviour hours before receiving the death penalty.

Your daughter had the average rebellious, finding herself through mistakes type teenage life but she took a split from religion as young people sometimes do. Besides that she still did charity work and she basically had a good heart so you were sure that it was just a phase.

However she is now burning in Hell for all eternity while you have to march hand in hand with her murderers for infinity to the daily heavenly worship sessions proclaiming how awesome your god is.

That would be the ultimate hell for me.

edit on 4-3-2021 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86
Below are a few of the states of existence which I would consider fitting of the title of Hell, depending on One's point of view.

Earth.

I promise you, if one were to look across our universe at all existing worlds, if one was aware of the complexity and intermingling of dimensions of life, then it's clear to see why we depict Hell as so terrifying. For a Spiritual Being to live as a Human on Earth in this Day, is painful and mind numbing.

The Spirit Realm

All things are possible in this Realm; we live that which we create for ourselves. After countless cycles of incarnations on earth, a soul can become 'broken' or 'disconnected', and create a veritable Hell for themselves.

Lower Dimensional Worlds

I know little of these, but I can see how this can be considered a Hell of sort. To be limited in existence and in capability of expression, to be witness to the material yet 'live' only through its inhabitants as an influence, insomuch as they allow.

Negatively Polarized Higher Dimensional Realm

I do not wish to speak much on this, as I know little of it. I am aware however that in higher dimensions, there is a 'split' in existence between "Positive/Negative" or "Love/Non-Love". Veritably then, the darker path could be considered a higher (or lower, depending on your point of view) level of Hell.

Personally, I'm not afraid of any and all Hells. I have found my faith and strengthened it in Gold, and I look forward to the Day of Judgment; if such thing exists!

Or, maybe, I'm just a Fool and it's all in my head; to ashes we fall, and that is all. So be it then! Come what may!

For now, I live, as we all, and I choose to entertain such thoughts!

I encourage you to share what you believe "Hell" to be, if you even believe in such things.

I love a Good Story, so share as you please.

And have a Lovely Day!

I love you all.

^_^

Try being a human on Mercury... or Venus! Ayayay... that’s some hellfire right there!

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Almost. it is a separation from God.

a reply to: highvein

You paint a very detailed and tormented picture of hell Bones.

edit on 4-3-2021 by Dalamax because: Bones made me do it

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   

One only needs to look at the word used for hell in Revelation to see what it means.

Strong's G86

: the grave

This becomes evident when in Revelation 20:14 death (sleep) and hell (the grave) are destroyed in the lake of fire at the time of judgment, because they are no longer necessary. Sin is being done away with. Death is the wages of sin. Hell is the waiting place for resurrection, either unto life or unto destruction in the lake of fire.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

You go to heaven, and you realize that your neighbors for eternity are the two guys who killed your teenage child, but not before brutally torturing her for hours. They accepted Christ as their saviour hours before receiving the death penalty.

Your daughter had the average rebellious, finding herself through mistakes type teenage life but she took a split from religion as young people sometimes do. Besides that she still did charity work and she basically had a good heart so you were sure that it was just a phase.

However she is now burning in Hell for all eternity while you have to march hand in hand with her murderers for infinity to the daily heavenly worship sessions proclaiming how awesome your god is.

Fortunately, this is much too barbaric and wrong for our Father.

Everything He creates is perfect.

There is no wrong.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freth

One only needs to look at the word used for hell in Revelation to see what it means.

Strong's G86

: the grave

This becomes evident when in Revelation 20:14 death (sleep) and hell (the grave) are destroyed in the lake of fire at the time of judgment, because they are no longer necessary. Sin is being done away with. Death is the wages of sin. Hell is the waiting place for resurrection, either unto life or unto destruction in the lake of fire.

Well said!

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Fortunately, this is much too barbaric and wrong for our Father.

Everything He creates is perfect.

There is no wrong.

So there is no deathbed redemption?

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   

The word “hell” is found in many Bible translations. In the same verses other translations read “the grave,” “the world of the dead,” and so forth. Other Bibles simply transliterate the original-language words that are sometimes rendered “hell”; that is, they express them with the letters of our alphabet but leave the words untranslated. What are those words? The Hebrew she’ohlʹ and its Greek equivalent haiʹdes, which refer, not to an individual burial place, but to the common grave of dead mankind; also the Greek geʹen·na, which is used as a symbol of eternal destruction. However, both in Christendom and in many non-Christian religions it is taught that hell is a place inhabited by demons and where the wicked, after death, are punished (and some believe that this is with torment).

Where did this idea (described at the end there) and the teaching of hellfire come from?

In ancient Babylonian and Assyrian beliefs the “nether world . . . is pictured as a place full of horrors, and is presided over by gods and demons of great strength and fierceness.” (The Religion of Babylonia and Assyria, Boston, 1898, Morris Jastrow, Jr., p. 581) Early evidence of the fiery aspect of Christendom’s hell is found in the religion of ancient Egypt. (The Book of the Dead, New Hyde Park, N.Y., 1960, with introduction by E. A. Wallis Budge, pp. 144, 149, 151, 153, 161) Buddhism, which dates back to the 6th century B.C.E., in time came to feature both hot and cold hells. (The Encyclopedia Americana, 1977, Vol. 14, p. 68) Depictions of hell portrayed in Catholic churches in Italy have been traced to Etruscan roots.—La civiltà etrusca (Milan, 1979), Werner Keller, p. 389.

But the real roots of this God-dishonoring doctrine go much deeper. The fiendish concepts associated with a hell of torment slander God and originate with the chief slanderer of God (the Devil, which name means “Slanderer”), the one whom Jesus Christ called “the father of the lie.”—John 8:44.

Babylon the Great (Reasoning From the Scriptures)

Definition: The world empire of false religion, embracing all religions whose teachings and practices do not conform to the true worship of Jehovah, the only true God. Following the Flood of Noah’s day, false religion had its beginning at Babel (later known as Babylon). (Gen. 10:8-10; 11:4-9) In time, Babylonish religious beliefs and practices spread to many lands. So Babylon the Great became a fitting name for false religion as a whole.

What evidence points to the identity of Babylon the Great, referred to in Revelation?

It could not be the ancient city of Babylon. Revelation was written at the end of the first century C.E. and describes events that would reach down to our day. The Encyclopedia Americana says: “The city [Babylon] was taken by the Persians under Cyrus the Great in 539 B.C. Later Alexander the Great planned to make Babylon the capital of his eastern empire, but after his death Babylon gradually lost importance.” (1956, Vol. III, p. 7) Today the city is an uninhabited ruin.

In the symbolism of Revelation, Babylon the Great is referred to as a “great city,” a “kingdom” that rules other kings. (Rev. 17:18) Like a city, it would have many organizations within it; and like a kingdom that includes other kings in its domain, it would be international in scope. It is described as having relations with political rulers and contributing much to the wealth of men in commerce, while itself being a third element that “has become a dwelling place of demons” and a persecutor of “prophets and of holy ones.”—Rev. 18:2, 9-17, 24.

Ancient Babylon was outstandingly noted for its religion and its defiance of Jehovah

Ancient Babylonian religious concepts and practices are found in religions worldwide

“Egypt, Persia, and Greece felt the influence of the Babylonian religion . . . The strong admixture of Semitic elements both in early Greek mythology and in Grecian cults is now so generally admitted by scholars as to require no further comment. These Semitic elements are to a large extent more specifically Babylonian.”—The Religion of Babylonia and Assyria (Boston, 1898), M. Jastrow, Jr., pp. 699, 700.

Their gods: There were triads of gods, and among their divinities were those representing various forces of nature and ones that exercised special influence in certain activities of mankind. (Babylonian and Assyrian Religion, Norman, Okla.; 1963, S. H. Hooke, pp. 14-40) “The Platonic trinity, itself merely a rearrangement of older trinities dating back to earlier peoples, appears to be the rational philosophic trinity of attributes that gave birth to the three hypostases or divine persons taught by the Christian churches. . . . This Greek philosopher’s [Plato’s] conception of the divine trinity . . . can be found in all the ancient [pagan] religions.”—Nouveau Dictionnaire Universel (Paris, 1865-1870), edited by M. Lachâtre, Vol. 2, p. 1467.

Use of images: ...

Belief regarding death: “Neither the people nor the leaders of religious thought [in Babylon] ever faced the possibility of the total annihilation of what once was called into existence. Death was a passage to another kind of life.”—The Religion of Babylonia and Assyria, p. 556.

And the last one lies at the basis for the wrong ideas about "hell" earler described. It ties in to the myth/false story of the immortality of the soul, or at least the notion that at death some immaterial part of man survives the death of the physical body, i.e. “death was a passage to another kind of life.”

FACT:

At death a person ceases to exist

Source: Myth 1: The Soul Is Immortal (One Myth Leads to Another)

From the introductory page of that series of articles:

“LOOK out,” wrote the apostle Paul to Christians living in the latter half of the first century C.E. What was he warning against? “Perhaps there may be someone who will carry you off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men.”​—Colossians 2:8.

Despite Paul’s warning, from the middle of the second century C.E., some Christians began using concepts borrowed from ancient philosophers in order to explain their beliefs. Why? They wanted to be accepted by the educated people of the Roman Empire and thus make more converts.

Justin Martyr, one of the most famous of these Christians, believed that God’s Spokesman had manifested himself to Greek philosophers long before the arrival of Jesus. According to Justin and like-minded teachers, the contribution of philosophy and mythology to Christianity made this form of religion truly universal.

Justin Martyr’s form of Christianity became very successful in gaining converts. However, the adoption of one myth led to the creation of others and produced what is now commonly believed to be Christian doctrine. To expose these myths, compare what the following reference works say with what the Bible actually teaches.

edit on 5-3-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I've had dreams over the years, some that haunted me repeatedly. They have an existential kind of theme to them...

One of the first that comes to mind, is finding myself in a pit of snakes. I found myself in darkness, slicing and dicing snakes, that kept multiplying. Just this fragment stuck with me, though I did that a long time.

A fear of forgetting my memory is another. Makes me wonder what would be more painful, remembering those who have made such an incredible impact on my life, or letting go of that to learn things fresh.

In deep, getting stuck in time endlessly searching for something on the outside, that can only come from within.

Idk, the traditional idea of hell, I believe is largely a product of the collective subconscious. It's not the first thing that comes to mind when studying the scriptures from around the world that touch on that concept.

I believe that place could exist somewhere, and like magnets, individuals may encounter themselves there. Idk, like a thoughtform on steroids, a self-imposed environment, where individuals attachment to entropy sends them. Even there though, I believe there lies an opportunity for someone to become a better being. The devil we encounter on the fool's journey.

I looked real hard, and I sincerely believe in a higher power. A power always looking to nurture the good we share. Cultivating and learning to grow a relationship there, the spirit true religion encourages, is a form of self-realization at work.

A state of mind centered on faith, and the practice of being a better individual come hell or high water...

The Parable Of The Spoons

A holy man was having a conversation with the Lord one day and said, “Lord, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like. “The Lord led the holy man to two doors.

He opened one of the doors and the holy man looked in. In the middle of the room was a large round table. In the middle of the table was a large pot of stew which smelled delicious and made the holy man’s mouth water....

edit on 6-3-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: spacing, grammar

edit on 6-3-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The Old Empire is symbolized by the Snake.

Its remnants are scattered and crumbling, but its advocates yet rule.

Far too long we have been kept in the dark from the nature of our True Selves; we are immortal spiritual beings.

We live by the rules of our Domain.

Here, we are made to forget and thrust into the world.

Murderers, Thieves, Conmen, Wise Men, Angels, Demons, Builders, Warriors, Healers; All cast into judgment.

It's no wonder we can't make heads or tails of anything down here!

Most have accepted to exist as flesh only.

We have been fooled.

Become.

^_^

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The Old Empire is symbolized by the Snake.

Its remnants are scattered and crumbling, but its advocates yet rule.

Far too long we have been kept in the dark from the nature of our True Selves; we are immortal spiritual beings.

Regarding the bolded part, that doesn't make sense when possibly more than 90% of all religions already teach that to their adherents. And possibly more than 95% of all denominations within Christendom teach the myth of the immortality of the soul, i.e. that "we are immortal spiritual beings", as you put it. Many people who consider themselves "Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic"* also believe it or something like it (that there is some immaterial part of man that survives the death of the physical body, whether this immaterial part of man is immortal or not may vary a bit, usually it is or they talk about it as if it remains in existence). *: quoting from wikipedia, where I got the numbers below from as well.

Atheists are still in the minority you know...

Christendom: almost 2.4 billion adherents
Islam: 1.9 billion
Hinduism: almost 1.2B
Buddhism: 500M
Chinese traditional religion: almost 400M

They all teach it. So how are they kept in the dark again regarding this myth? I'd say they're kept in the dark about the fact that it is a myth/false story that spread out from Babylon and therefore a defining clue for determining which religions are part of Babylon the Great. They are also kept in the dark that this idea contradicts the clear teachings and statements regarding the state of the dead found in the Bible, rather than that the Bible actually supports this teaching as those religious teachers within Christendom have taught (giving that false impression to people of other religions as well, as if this Pagan religious idea comes from the Bible or can be found in the Bible). And they are kept in the dark about the reality that this teaching is just another version of Satan's first lie to Eve, that she wasn't going to die if she disobeyed God and ate the forbidden fruit. Showing its true origin, similar to the fiendish concepts associated with a hell of torment, which is built upon this particular version of that lie (if someone ceases to exist after death and no immaterial part of man survives the death of the physical body, then no one can be tormented after death; so the first myth that the real you won't die, i.e. that some immaterial part of you will remain after death, death being merely "a passage to another kind of life" as the book The Religion of Babylonia and Assyria puts it, is a requirement for the 2nd myth about hell. As elaborated on in my previous comment, especially the video).
edit on 6-3-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
Christendom: almost 2.4 billion adherents
Islam: 1.9 billion
Hinduism: almost 1.2B
Buddhism: 500M
Chinese traditional religion: almost 400M

They all teach it. So how are they kept in the dark again regarding this myth? I'd say they're kept in the dark about the fact that it is a myth/false story that spread out from Babylon and therefore a defining clue for determining which religions are part of Babylon the Great.

Note what it says regarding Babylon the Great in the book of Revelation:

“Come, I will show you the judgment on the great prostitute who sits on many waters, with whom the kings of the earth committed sexual immorality, and earth’s inhabitants were made drunk with the wine of her sexual immorality.” . . . On her forehead was written a name, a mystery: “Babylon the Great, . . .

He said to me: “The waters that you saw, where the prostitute is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues.* [Or “languages.”]
—Revelation 17:1,2,5,15.

Isn't that a fitting description when considering the numbers I just gave and how widespread these religions are? And those were just the major ones (among organized religion, personal religion is also part of Babylon the Great).

Context:

False Religion is a Snare and a Racket (playlist)

Don't miss this one:

Or this one for that matter:

So...

edit on 6-3-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join