It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US says Saudi prince approved Khashoggi killing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The newly-declassified intelligence report says what most of us already suspected , MBS was at the root of the plot to kill Jamal Khashoggi , contrary to the Saudi explanation of a rogue unit who acted alone.

"We assess that Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Muhammad bin Salman approved an operation in Istanbul, Turkey to capture or kill Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi," the report by the office of the US director of national intelligence says.

US President Joe Biden is expected to take a firmer line than his predecessor Donald Trump on human rights and the rule of law in Saudi Arabia, a key American ally in the Middle East.

In a phone call on Thursday with the crown prince's father, King Salman, the president "affirmed the importance the United States places on universal human rights and the rule of law", the White House said.

According to sources quoted by Reuters news agency, the Biden administration is considering the cancellation of arms deals with Saudi Arabia that pose human rights concerns as well as the limiting of future military sales to "defensive" weapons.
www.bbc.co.uk...

A fresh broom sweeps clean , the change of attitude by the US to this State sponsor of Terrorism is long overdue and welcome.

+1 Biden.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Interesting. So, what happens now? What can the US really do?

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I think everyone already knew this. When you are a traitor to your own country. You normally get the firing squad. Biden - 1 . K was working for western intelligence against his own country. He is by definition a traitor. We have seen people executed for much less. He was probably helping with the Obama admin after all his financier was the same people who funded Obama. You know the pedo Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Tala that was arrested and thrown to the wolves.

Biden protecting his cronies? Is anyone surprised? And why would Trump even care if the Saudi executed one of their own and especially a person who is working with his enemies?? I say good riddance.
edit on 26-2-2021 by ambassado12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I don't follow news across the world, but I am curious.

US royalty executes people all the time, foreign and domestic.

I don't know these names either, so I'm not sure...

In the context of the article, is it the 'good guy' or the 'bad guy' who got murdered?

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Biden sure is a breath of fresh air.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I wonder who will be selling the Saudis advanced weaponry now?
China?
Russia?
Maybe the Saudis will cozy up to a country that isn't really our friend.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Nothing but lodge a complaint.

The Saudi's basically viewed him as a traitor to their country and had him executed.
He was not an american citizen and was not on American soil.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Other than restrict arms sales not much I guess but no one wants to be sent to the naughty step by the US and MBS isn't the ruler his father is .... kinda.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Now that Biden has made the US a nation dependent on OPEC, why would anyone want to piss off the Saudi's?

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Now that Biden has made the US a nation dependent on OPEC, why would anyone want to piss off the Saudi's?

Because high oil prices make pushing green policy easier.

link   

How to alienate friends and befriend enemies. That pretty much sums up the Biden foreign policy the first 100 days.
edit on 26-2-2021 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Because high oil prices make pushing green policy easier.

Ahhhh. . .

Point well made!

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

How to alienate friends and befriend enemies.

With friends like Saudi who need enemies ?

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think the conversation went like this:- " Heh Mohamed, Joe here, listen I've got to show a bit of importance here so I'm gonna say I disagree with you killing that traitor Kashogi and say other bits". Mohamed says " but Joe what about our deal for weapons"?
"It aint nothing, it's just words". "as for the weapons deal I can't let you have no more offensive weapons, but don't worry we'll just rename the crates defensive weapons".
"Cheers Joe your take is in the pipeline, see you in Geneva".

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So you would rather we be sending Kush to Saudi to kiss their arse? What they did was outrageous and everyone knows they killed him. That should be okay to kill the press?

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It has been speculated that the 2017 Los Vegas shooting was a misbegotten assassination attempt on the Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

Perhaps it’s true and the Prince is attempting to get even for some small part that Khashoggi may have played.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

“US President Joe Biden is expected to take a firmer line than his predecessor Donald Trump on human rights”

This is a joke right?

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

If I were them I'd be really pissed that their bestest bud let this kind of info out. I mean why would someone do that to the Saudis? It's not like they sponsored some jerkoff who got 19 guys to fly planes into buildings or anything...

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
a reply to: network dude

So you would rather we be sending Kush to Saudi to kiss their arse? What they did was outrageous and everyone knows they killed him. That should be okay to kill the press?

So you are for mass extermination of the Jews?

Oh wait, you didn't actually say that did you. I don't know what came over me. I almost never act like a douche and put words in other folks mouths. how about you?

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If I were them I'd be really pissed that their bestest bud let this kind of info out. I mean why would someone do that to the Saudis? It's not like they sponsored some jerkoff who got 19 guys to fly planes into buildings or anything...

dood, that's why we need to be in Iraq and Syria. Keep up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join