It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planes stop in mid air

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: billxam
a reply to: dragonridr

If you've ever been on one of those sideways landings I can tell you it ain't an enjoyable ride. Last flight I took from Florida to Detroit metro, we were chased by storms the whole way with the pilot constantly on the throttle and then coming into Detroit about the only thing that didn't happen was wind shear. Brought the plane in sideways. One of those flights you hear about.

Standing O for the pilot on the last flight I'll ever take.

Scariest ride i was on was a helo in afganistan. They caught a crosswind we started to spin and then we hear the pilot shut off the rotors. Talk about a white nuckle ride the pilot managed to get us down in one piece but i remeber waiting on that mountain ridge for another helo the whole time thinking they expect me to get on another one WTF!

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 02:51 AM
link   
My favourite flight was going backwards in a strong headwind in a c-130.
Yay! Weeee! Loud, loud, noisey things.
a reply to: dragonridr

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Wa Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

ATS wtf?

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire

I observed once, what appeared to be a jetliner "frozen" in its approach to the ground. This was in Germany about 15 years ago.

Even more oddly, there was what appeared to be a smaller replica of the same aircraft above it (but not too far) that also appeared frozen in its approach.

So long as I could observe, neither aircraft moved nor changed their relationship to one another. My wife confirmed she saw the same thing.

It was quite odd.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I once witnessed 4 years of optical collusion in the US govt...turned out to be just a perspective thing.

@#$%$ just once can we keep politics out of this!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This effect is called viewing at a parallax angle. When you see objects that appear to be standing still it's because you are turning at a uniform rate which makes the viewed object appear it's standing in one place.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 This is a normal landing in heavy cross winds. In larger airplane like this Airbus 380 the visual effect is exciting to watch. In low wing airplane like the Airbus a crabbed landing is used because the ground clearance at the wing tip isn't enough to compensate for the cross wing. On a high winged airplane like on a Cessna, you can make a wing low (into the wind) landing without concern of dragging a wing tip. Cross wind landing are always a pain in the ass for the pilots and passengers.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I see this occurrence daily as I drive multiple routes around my local airport. as others have pointed out it's an optical illusion it just depends how fast you're going versus how slow the planes going and the direction you're traveling. I illustrated on a map the roads that I'm on almost every day and it changes from different points of view. The planes that are coming into land from the south are no more than 100 ft above my head I almost feel like I could reach out and grab them.

edit on 2/25/2021 by 772STi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I've actually experienced one of the 'planes standing still in the sky' incidents, and I swear to goodness there was no optical illusion. We have planes coming over us all day every day (before Covid) & after fifteen years living in the same neighbourhood we were stunned when we witnessed a plane hovering at extremely low altitude, just over the exit ramp we would take a thousand times to get home. It was stock-still, there was NO wind, and there was literally no way we could be persuaded that it was anything other than a hologram or secretive forme-malleable craft.

The main reason I afford credence to the hovering plane phenomenon, is that it has only started happening in the last few years. Coincidentally after we had already seen the EVIDENCE for holograms the size of jet liners or blue whales, hovering in the sky like solid objects. This is why I'll never believe the debunking nonsense of those who, as always, try to convince us we cannot trust our eyes, our mind, our experience or the testimony of those we trust. There is zero credibility for anyone who rubbishes those aspects of our ability to interpret what we see. Clearly advanced holographic testing, using citizen responses to build a model of realism which helps to iron out the kinks.

They say black world tech is twenty years ahead of the mainstream. We knew the holograms to be real in the mainstream at around 2018. So there's every chance the world of black ops had at least rudimentary holographic technology twenty years ago..

IE, just prior to 9/11.

edit on FebruaryThursday2102CST09America/Chicago-060015 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Just like with temperature, no wind on the ground doesn't mean no wind 200 feet+ in the air.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Your explanation is weak, in the face of known holographic technology in the mainstream.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: panoz77

soooo..."not moving" as in stopped. lol

Only the small Cessna type aircraft where this is most likely to happen at very low air speeds. In that particular case is when this is possible against an equal headwind. LOL LOL, do you understand? In the case of the plane with the banner, the banner is adding additional drag, so the headwind could have been even slower than the speed of the plane.
edit on 25-2-2021 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: Zaphod58

Your explanation is weak, in the face of known holographic technology in the mainstream.

Your anecdotal story is weak in the face of common sense, science and fact. But what the hell, the rest of this thread is absurd so why not add a bit more..... Holograms ahoy!

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Of course! It makes so much more sense that They are broadcasting holograms of regular commercial aircraft at random locations around the world, for no other reason than because they can!

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The second time I flew, it was a Cesna, I was doing about ninety MPH and was going backwards because I was going against a high wind. It was kind of cool, I asked the guy giving me lessons why we were not going foreward and he said it was because we were going backwards. I gave it a lot of gas, then went up and we went straight up then started going forward again. I asked him if that was common and he said yeah, you can be traveling ninety mph and actually be going two hundred sometimes if you are in a tailwind.

To do that with a jet would be pretty hard because they are going much faster. It is strange how the layers of wind flowing different ways occur, because I was going into the wind at ninety something, I was still flying. I was flying into a headwind doing a hundred with a different plane coming in to land and the wind quit, the plane needed about eighty five to fly but it dropped to sixty. He was reading something and I said I think I got problems as I start feathering down and he told me to hit the throttle and aim towards the runway and I did, I was using full flaps too, and we didn't crash, but I was going too fast to stop, it would not land. I went around and landed it after that, my heart pounded at about two hundred beats per minute for hours. That was the last flying lesson, I quit that day because with my Tachychardia I knew I should not be doing that on my own and the next day was when my solo flights started. I think he was afraid to fly with me.

I learned how to fly an airplane, I knew I would never pass the physical to get my license after the lessons were done anyway, Tachychardia was listed on my medical records. I did want to know how to fly just in case we were getting a ride and the pilot got a heart attack....I still could probably fly a small plane but hope I never have to.

You should see how incredibly intricate and complex Tema of balloon racers have had to get to plan trips with long distance. The guy who went around the world recently in record speed has a video of the trip and temperature, ten feet of altitude, dumping the toilets or keeping the extra ballast, it's so much math and all to make sure you're not going negative distances or slow all day when twelve feet lower there's a 10ph gust all day...it's fascinating it really is.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

I never realized that there could be such a big difference between wind speed at three hundred feet of difference and maybe even less. Since that time I pay attention to things, no wind at ground level, perfectly still, and our pine trees are whipping at the top...a hundred twenty five feet of height difference.

I never realized before that ground winds of thirty didn't mean it was not windier up at two hundred feet higher. Since then I notice, calm at the bottom of a hill and windy as hell on top...or sometimes the opposite. I assumed it was always because of the hill blocking the wind, but now I know that it can have other causes. The plane I was flying just slowly dropped, but it was a cherokee, it was not very heavy, if it was a heavy jet, it could have dropped twenty feet in a second.

I flew down to Vegas one day on a trip to drive down my uncle, I had to stay the night in Vegas then go to Arizona and it saved me half....round trip. About forty five minutes Before we got to vegas I was getting a drink from the stewardess, lightning hit the right side engine and there was a flash and noise and that cute young stewardess flew up and landed in my lap with her arms around her neck, I was about thirty eight at the time. She was all embarrassed, and something from the pilot came over the speaker that they had a charge around the nose that flew off and hit the engine. The cute girl kept apologizing for the event and kept bringing me drink after drink. I should have been thanking her, she did not need to apologize. When we got to vegas, we went onto the side and met a bunch of fire trucks and inspectors, they had shut down the engine around a half hour before we landed because it was not sounding right, but the Jet flew just fine on one engine. Everyone was watching out the window, strange that they had all the fire trucks out there and they did not unboard us. But it was ok to go to the terminal then, but some people were complaining they had missed their next flight because it took longer to get there and also we were on the side for quite a while getting checked out, maybe twenty minutes or so. While we were waiting and watching, that cute little stewardess had brought me a couple more drinks. She was nice but too young for me.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

If there's not a reason, they don't deplane outside the gate. They have to shut things down if there are people outside, and the trucks can't go back until the emergency is over, so it limits operations due to there being no available ARFF.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   

If you ever believe your seeing a hallogram change your viewing angleby 90 degrees. If it disapears it was a hallogram if it doesnt its real. The interference pattern will only work from 1 direction.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   
maybe they are watching this guy...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire

Poor bird have a wing caught in a fishing wire..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join