It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most normal winter I’ve seen in a long time.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

This is just Britain but we had the coldest night in Scotland last night in 30 someit years, even Kings Lynne a coastal port in the east measured -10 C last night. Right in it's absolutely freezing and been working outside in it much of the day

"Scotland recorded the coldest February day in 35 years as temperatures plummeted across the country.

Bitterly cold air descended on large parts of the country on Wednesday night following a battering of heavy snow earlier in the week.

And the big freeze has continued this morning, with thermostats struggling at extreme lows in their double figures.

But the lowest came in the Aberdeenshire village of Braemar with an extraordinary temperature of -21.9C"

www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Yeah, we're in one of the longest continuous strings of sub-freezing weather that our area has experienced in quite a few years. Our local weather man has a tracker up for how many days it has been since we've been above 32F. He doesn't expect we'll get there until next weekend sometime.

It's nothing for us to get cold snaps where we get a day or three this cold, but this is a two week stretch of this stuff.
edit on 11-2-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's so cold it is insane. Know where you're oming from regarding the weekend, looks like we'll be out of the cold snap on sunday, gonna be 7 then Monday a whopping 10 C

When we were kids this cold stuff was fun, now knocking on the door of fifty and have to work with metal outside for half the day it sure aint fun anymore, the bones don't work, the blood is cold. The feet feel like ice cubes. Sometimes do wonder if actually gone to hell lol!

In addition the government stopped us leaving our island so even if you get the chance to go somewhere hot it's not really possible. Crazy days. Need some sun

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
well put but thats not polarising

a reply to: KKLOCO

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Assassin82

I remember much more snow when I was young.
Let's say late 70s to early 80s.
There was a large church parking lot that was basically my back yard and we would dig tunnels in the plowed snow banks. The piles were huge some years.
My parents lived in that house until a few years ago and I could see how big the piles of snow got though the years.
There is definitely less snowfall now compared to my childhood.

I'm not a believer in man causing climate change but I absolutely believe it has changed.

Me too. Like you, I don't buy into AGW, but it's just simple common sense that the climate of the earth is changing. I still live in NW LA and I can remember winters a lot colder in the 80's and 90's but I think we're heating up just before cooling back down.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
here in north coastal South Carolina we seem to have returned to the winter wind trend from Gulf Coast humidity/temperatures with 80% rainy days in February ------ as the cold air currents stay mostly Virginia & northwards

the next cycle will be for the colder northern icy winds to penetrate south into SC & GA into FL and cause ice storms that break branches and the power grid ---- this also lasts 5-8 years as did the Gulf Coast air currents of above

seems each decade has a prominent theme and each season has its' own trend...such as the autumn months of Tornado Alley weather in SC/NC from due west OK areas

always keen to Weather as a gardener.... Hooey on Climate Change fake news

ETA: recent evening and morning Fog Banks here in myrtle beach...they sure are welcome instead of weeks long 19 degree winds that friggs everything up
edit on th28161307590511382021 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I haven't seen one abnormal winter yet, once you experience many winters and cycles of weather in the U.P of Michigan you see that weather varies from year to year and some of this has to do with the solar cycle. I thought this year was going to be great, but now it is below zero again so I guess it is another normal year, hopes of global warming have disappeared. Oh well, the mild winter was good while it lasted, I just wish it had stayed a little above average like it has most of the winter. It was predicted to be snowier and colder than normal, but that never happened thank god, having another year with big snowstorms would have made people insaner up here.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I concur. We have had a foot of snow for a couple of days now, more coming soon. Reminds me of the early 80's

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

I concur. We have had a foot of snow for a couple of days now, more coming soon. Reminds me of the early 80's

Too right DJ
and they were snowy days back in the early 80's even south of the border........................................ We had snow like really high that went over the hedges when the winds blew it into formation and then the buses wouldn't run a nd we got two weeks off school as we were cut off in the sticks, almost brings a tear to my eye;. A truelly different world back then and a snowy one too x x x

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Pfft...
I'm in MI, and I remember the winter of 76. Sure it was cool having 4 feet of snow everywhere, when your a kid. I don't want that now.

I for one welcome the planet shifting. You all down south can have that now. I want to wear shorts in Dec, in MI, without losing my toes!!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Pfft...
I'm in MI, and I remember the winter of 76. Sure it was cool having 4 feet of snow everywhere, when your a kid. I don't want that now.

I for one welcome the planet shifting. You all down south can have that now. I want to wear shorts in Dec, in MI, without losing my toes!!!!

So rather than move to a warmer climate, you’d rather the climate adjust to you?

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Once all the airplanes came out of the air, the whole atmosphere appeared to changed almost over night.
In fact you could almost feel the change in the atmosphere last spring. Quora states that on average their are 275,000 to 300,000 flights per day on the planet. That is a lot of carbon emissions and disruption of normal air flow each day into the stratosphere. Too bad there is not been a serious study on it.
We have not had this kind of winter here in Kansas since 1983 and may even break 120 year old records on Sunday and Monday.
edit on 11-2-2021 by Redhead6971 because: Spelling errors

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yeah, we're in one of the longest continuous strings of sub-freezing weather that our area has experienced in quite a few years. Our local weather man has a tracker up for how many days it has been since we've been above 32F. He doesn't expect we'll get there until next weekend sometime.

It's nothing for us to get cold snaps where we get a day or three this cold, but this is a two week stretch of this stuff.

Minus 15 celsius here last night (5F). It is still minus 2C (28F) at midday..........

I love it though. Crisp, cold air wakes you up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join