It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Vaults in The Vatican

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by velouria3

yeah the books kept in the vatican were considered to be so blasphemous that they would change around everything anyone was ever taught about the christian faith, therefore not even the pope himself is permitted to read them.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Do you have anything to back that up?

Some sources or documentation? Or is this conjecture?

Eric

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Sorry if this is a repost of info...

The Gospels of Peace are a beautifully written gospels that are supposedly being held by the Vatican.

www.thenazareneway.com...

**It was in 1928 that Edmond Bordeaux Szekely (pronounced Say-Kay) first published his translation of The Essene Gospel of Peace, an ancient manuscript discovered in the Secret Archives of the Vatican as the result of limitless patience, faultless scholarship, and unerring intuition.

The English version first appeared in 1937 representing yet another fragment of the complete manuscript which exists in Aramaic in the Secret Archives of the Vatican and in old Slavonic in the Royal Library of the Habsburgs (now the property of the Austrian government). The poetic style of the translator brings to vivid reality the exquisitely beautiful words of Jesus and the Elders of the Essene Brotherhood. Liberated from the secret archives of the Vatican, these sacred scrolls are testaments to the eternal and living truth of the Way.**

After I read these and studied them, the most amazing things happened in my life. I fasted for the first time ever and felt deeply tied to the Universe. These were the scriptures I was studying before my mother had her NDE (see below) and I cant help to think they helped me purify myself to be able to be a witness to her. A week before she almost passed, my mother also read the gospels of peace. I feel they are some very deep gospels.

Who ever wrote them did a wonderful job, they are just beautiful. You can read the 4 gospels from the link I gave.

LV

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Alexandria's library was burned around 4th century by Christians but it would be fascinating if it was looted somewhat beforehand.

Hitler had a group called the Sonderauftrag linz that used to raid Europes private collections though i thought most of their takings were still in German museums.

No doubt they have the original dead sea scrolls and or nag hammadi texts, maybe even the truth on the Magdelene.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Maybe it's time the Vatican decided on disclosure ?

Guess it would take another 100 years or so to dig trough all the stuff that has been hidden for centuries....

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My parents went in to the vatican underground vault 65 years ago. There is aunderground train-rail and train to go all the way to the other end .....that"s the size of the vault. There are lateral arch caves aside the train-track...stuffed with exactly what you would expect from centuries of robbing on a international scale. Statues... paintings...ancient artifact,,,books,,gold,,,artwork..Now it is forbidden to see all that. But my father told me that it was more impressive then the Ali Baba cave in the movies... and that he turned completely against religion after leaving that place,,,and seeing many homeless begging for food on the steps of the Vatican....

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Just some vaults are secretive? I was brought up Catholic but left 30 years ago...I always felt most everything about the Vatican was secretive. It used to drive me crazy that they'd take up collections for the poor and grab the little bit of money people had in church when if they would just sell some of their "treasures" they could feed the world probably several times over.
edit on 3-12-2011 by LunaKat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join