It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Vaults in The Vatican

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Has anyone else ever heard of the very secret vaults in the Vatican? I am wondering if this is myth or fact and if it is fact is there any speculation as to what the vaults contain? Anyone have any information on this at all?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
you can apply for permission to have access to certain portions of the secret archives at the vatican.
A lot of people would love to have full access to the secrets and their vaults...but the fact of the matter is the majority of us speak one language, and wouldnt have a clue at what we are looking at.
Ancient hebrew, latin, etc. etc.

go to their website and you can see the requiremennts for gaining access to portions of what they even term the secret archives.

Gods Peace

dalen

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Secret Archives of the Vatican

Ofcourse there are secret vaults in Vatican!

The Catholic Church first officially started keeping a library around the fourth century. Formed at the height of the first great heresy craze, the contents of this library included a lot of attacks on heretical branches of Christianity and the documents and scriptures used by these heretical branches.

As the centuries wore on, the list of banned and dangerous books grew and grew, thanks to repeated expansions of the enemies list and aggressive attempts to snuff out the list's members. The Inquisitions rounded up hundreds of books on topics ranging from Protestantism to Witchcraft and ritual magic, to the libraries of groups like the Knights Templar and the Cathars.

As the centuries wore on, the list of banned and dangerous books grew and grew, thanks to repeated expansions of the enemies list and aggressive attempts to snuff out the list's members. The Inquisitions rounded up hundreds of books on topics ranging from Protestantism to Witchcraft and ritual magic, to the libraries of groups like the Knights Templar and the Cathars.

Among the more recent good guesses were the contents of the Third Secret of Fatima, an allegedly devastating prophecy of doom delivered by the Virgin Mary in a series of appearances to illiterate peasant children which was allegedly revealed by the Church in 2000. Under intense pressure, the Church released a series of 20th century documents from the secret archives relating to papal complicity in the rise of the Nazis in Germany.

In addition to Nazi collaboration, the archives are generally thought to contain rather a lot of information about the Catholic Church's wrongdoings, such as the current scandal on priestly pedophilia. In fact, the archives contain miles of allegations concerning the sexual kinks and other vices enjoyed by priests and bishops, dating back to at least the 14th century, and possibly even earlier.

So, if you think Vatican has alot of secrets about how Jesus was an extraterrestrial and that he was A Black man with Dreadlocks, or that he had a wife named Mary and that they had kids and stuff like that; just forget it. Its just books.

But then again, who really knows how many vaults there are below Vatican city and a vast network of catacombs.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I understand The Pope likes to go down to those secret vaults and smoke cheeba.....while he contemplates who should be the next Don of the Catholic Mafia (preferably no one with an affinity for young boys)....preferably!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by shawnt
Has anyone else ever heard of the very secret vaults in the Vatican? I am wondering if this is myth or fact and if it is fact is there any speculation as to what the vaults contain? Anyone have any information on this at all?

The so called Secret Vaults are really not so secret since everyone knows they exist.

This vault is supposed to contain the Gran Grimour a source of REAL magic...

Interesting topic and without a true tomb raider I doubt anyone will be able to prove it...

NeoN HaZe...

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
if i remember correctly the alexandrian library was destoyed by the chuch might they have some anchint texts from there?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
legend also has it that they have the libraries of Cardinal Richlieu(sp?) supposedly the largest occult library of its time, and the occult library from
St. sulpice.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
They could contain religious artifacts too, chunk of cross, piece of robe, that sort of thing.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I've actually heard...(but hearsay is just that) that there are several books of the bible that the Vatican decided not to add for some reason. Supposedly these are kept locked up there.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This has been discussed here already to some degree.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I was going to say, I thought I just responded to this.

For the record, I think we can take out a few cardinals with hand to hand combat. Unless they can levitate. I'm sure the best levitating cardinals guard the library.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The vaults are real and the even have been indicated as harbengers of ill gotten spoils ...these items are thought to be every thing from Israel's temple artifacts taken in 70 ce in crusades, all the way up to some religious art and subversive materials which are catalogued never to be seen by the public.

I even heard somewhere that items from Stallins spoils of war and Hitlers spoils of war have made it there ...if this is true then I would be interested to know what the Vatican has from the two tyrants that interests them enough to keep it in the Vaults.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
while i don't know about what russian artifacts would be. hittler was realy into the ocult. remember the indiana jones movies. the germans were doing that type of thing for real (most likely much the way they were portreyed). anything of possible value was looked for at any cost. the stated reasoning was to prove the arean race. i don't doubt that at least the us got ahold of some of this but the germans did have good conections to the vatican. as such the vatican probably has some of hittlers most valued posessions.also there are quite a few artifacts missing from museums and private collectons that they may have.

the catholic church also had major power a few centuries ago and most likely would have kept the best of anything that they seized dureing inquasitions as well as items collected dureing the crusades. they most likely would have gotten a lot of artifacts from the destruction of south america as well. the vatican may well be the ritchest nation on earth.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
No dought they are rich they had to be their army consisted of the Swiss which at the time where very expensive mercinaries,, who where and are very good at there job in respects to their Vatican connections, I would even go as far as to entertain this thought , what if the spoils Israel seeks where used to pay the Swiss , then what has become of them now, are they in tact or melted down to make coins, crowns and septures....could this be possible? It would explain the Vaticans inability to turn over the artifacts other than a greed modivation.

By the way to site sources on the Swiss mercinary issue it was repeatedly addressed during the Laying of the Pope in State, the guys in the funny uniforms are the modern color guard of the former swiss militia/mercinaries.

[edit on 5/4/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well eventually we'll get to see inside it I'm sure. Will probably be one of the highlights of WW3.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I bet its like the Library of Alexandria in there. Don't they need janitors or something to clean up the vaults? Nevermind....I forgot they had nuns. I was gonna consider applying.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
That would make for an interesting movie.

Even if you did happen to get your hands on some ancient artifact, what are you going to do with it? Put it on your wall? Sell it on Ebay?

Might as well let the Vatican keep it and hide it. Although I'm sure they could make a lot of money selling tickets to an undergound museum.

[edit on 5-4-2005 by Lord Altmis]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Altmis
Well eventually we'll get to see inside it I'm sure. Will probably be one of the highlights of WW3.

It wont be ww3 but the instigator of peace in the middle east that opens those vaults....after all the third temple cant be built with out some of the stuff in the vaults....according to prophacy

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
It wont be ww3 but the instigator of peace in the middle east that opens those vaults....after all the third temple cant be built with out some of the stuff in the vaults....according to prophacy

Wow, maybe they have the Ark of the Covenant, that would be huge.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by drbryankkruta

Wow, maybe they have the Ark of the Covenant, that would be huge.

i thought hitler hid that and it asnt been found yet

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join