It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Bigelow Offering $1 Million to Anyone Who Can Answer: Is There Life After Death?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So I wonder if he was awarded another study by some discrete USA agency. Just think, we write he sells package deal to USA and he gets paid for it. I'll have to look up The Commerce Business Daily on any past proposals.

Once you get past the headline via NEWSWEEK you will see that Robert Bigelow doesn't seem to value life too much. My opinion. Look at the payouts. Wow is this guy cheap or what.

Yes, I believe that we live on as energy after death. For whatever reason someone didn't like what I wrote so it was disappeared. Too bad as I still have everything. Will I enter as USA INTEL will be getting all for free via big bob via you and I.

Well, its a game. Right?

So now comes Robert Bigelow. Too bad he didn't up the ante to $5 million since hes worth billions but seeing hes a former DOD contractor that explains everything.

Hes simply a cheap skate.

Busines sman Offering $1 Million to Anyone Who Can Answer: Is There Life After Death?

Businessman Robert Bigelow has launched a competition offering almost $1 million in prize money to those who can provide the best evidence for "the survival of human consciousness after permanent bodily death."

Bigelow, the 75-year-old founder of Bigelow Aerospace and the owner of hotel chain Budget Suites of America, founded the Bigelow Institute for Consciousness Studies (BICS) in June to support research into what happens after death, a few months after the death of his wife Diane Bigelow. Now, the institute has announced an essay contest, seeking the best available evidence to support the existence of life after death. The writer of the winning essay will receive $500,000. Second and third prize is $300,000 and $150,000 respectively.

edit on 25-1-2021 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
There are 3 huge questions that humans have pondered since we could form thought-

How did we get here?

Are we alone here?

What happens after here?

I don’t see how putting up a measly million is going to change anything.

This is effectively the same as dominos coming out with an offer of a lifetime supply of pizza if you can prove god exists.

We already have a natural and powerful drive to answer these questions, someone offering a poor mans fortune as a publicity stunt will, most likely, have no effect on the field of study.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Sounds like someone is close to deaths door themselves. Wants to be reassured that his consciousness lives on. Sorry Bob, you can’t take the billions with you.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
My Dear Mr. Bigalow

Yes

Yours, Terry

PS. Now pay up sir.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
NO! That's a million please!

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Maybe.

PM me for cheque sending details.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Fool, you have to be careful sending cheque details. Be like me I have a trusted Nigerian Prince who will clear my cheque for me.
If Mr Bigelow gives me a billion I can show him the way to see for himself.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

And it's not even a million dollar prize. It's $500,000, first place, $300,000 second place and $200,000 third place prize.

This is from the contest site.

this fundamental and timeless topic. We are seeking hard evidence “beyond a reasonable doubt” that takes us beyond religion or philosophy and provides a body of knowledge to be brought widely into the public arena that could be unifying in its impact on human awareness and culture.

Fundamental and ''timeless'' topic? Well, duh. Indeed the biggest question and all this cheap goof can come up with is half a million for the best ''proof''

I mean, come on now Biggy, If you want to buy yourself a ticket to heaven you better be ready to pony up your entire fortune.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Since mankind has sought a verfiable answer to this for as long as the question could be asked, i don’t this will help. I hope he is ready for an influx of answers though! Very expensive essay contest.

Interestingly there were American, Nazi German and Soviet (strangely enough) “experiments” throughout the 20th century to try and answer this question. Very interesting reading if you can find them. Planning on doing a thread on them soon.
edit on 2512021 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Ha! He should buy a Tesla for a lot less.

Edit:

edit on 25-1-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Definition of alive

1: having life : not dead or inanimate

If you're still alive after you died, then you didn't die. The question answers itself.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Christianity, Jesus, the Bible.... All are sources which explain that some people are not Dead, they just are Asleep

there are examples scattered all over of NDEs where 'death' is not a terminal state, but just a 'phase' experienced by some, but not All

book of Daniel:

“Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt.

this frombible/talmud holy writs... f you cant trust the word of a creator-God------------------ ? then whom ?
edit on th31161160355925392021 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

We had Dominos yesterday during the NFL games. Ist time in years from them. Had a Extra Large along with 18 wings for $35. All sucked. Wings weren't even deep fried or cooked enough. Pizza was overloaded with glop sauce and tasteless vegetables. It looked real pretty however.

I typically make my own sauce, buy a dough ball from Publix and top all with best stuff I can find. I cook on an outdoor natural gas grill. I can heat it up to 550 degrees. Cooks in 11 minutes.

He is cheap isn't he.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

What a cheap son of a beech.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I believe we live on as energy. I experienced an incident[s] with father in law the day he died. It, the energy inside us was also felt by the sister in law with my wife witnessed what we were all saying back and forth.

My sister in law said that he doesn't realize he has died and hes scared as he has no idea where he is. That was about 7 hours after he died in hospice and we went to his home to secure everything. It was during lunch it happened.

She sister in law, went on to explain that he hasn't crossed over yet. Her husband died at 39 almost 20 years ago and she experienced the energy also from her husband. That's what she explained to us. Who was she? A mentally grounded university educated manager for one of the largest chemical companies in the world.

That threw me when she opened up.

As in WOW.

Its like a feeling of crazy energy inside you. In the middle between your lungs.

edit on 25-1-2021 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Agree, I read some years ago. I am surprised that with his connection with the feds on the Skin-walker stuff tat he doesn't have access to all those documents. Then again he could be fishing for the feds. Possibly they want to know what the public is aware of versus what they have.

Russia also went deep into this and yes, the Nazis too.

I don't think he has lost his marbles.

Hes just a cheap SOB

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I mean, come on now Biggy, If you want to buy yourself a ticket to heaven you better be ready to pony up your entire fortune.

Wasn't this the fundamental ideology of Jimmy and Tammy Faye Bakker and the PTL?

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well gentlemen, I'm about to commit fraud. (Not literally though, relax.)

You have to meet some qualifications, they won't take an essay from just anybody.
Five years experience in the field of "proving life after death" or something?
They say 5 years studying in the field... ? How do you prove 5 years of studying this?

No school has a bachelor's degree in "Proving Life After Death"

So I'm thinking of using the fact that I've been alive for over 30 years to justify my experience.
"Life" is 1 out of the 4 words there. So I have 30 years of experience divided by 4...
I have 7.5 years of experience in this field. My essay will be validly accepted.

I will probably win 1st place, if they actually take my essay.
But I will just turn down the prize money, and forfeit the challenge.

I'm very confident in my proof of life after death.

Also, I just want to confirm my stance here, for everyone that believes. There IS life after death. I know, and at this moment, I am the only person on planet Earth that knows.
edit on 25-1-2021 by Archivalist because: Blue Eisenhower November

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Definition of alive

1: having life : not dead or inanimate

If you're still alive after you died, then you didn't die. The question answers itself.

Great point.. so let's remove the life aspect and substitute it with consciousness.

the state of being awake and aware of one's surroundings.

Awareness is key. "Or I think, therefore I am"
We're energy.. a state that till now is neither created or destroyed. First laws of thermodynamics. Perhaps.

Clinically dead is not biologically dead. This is the only scenario where one might die but is still alive.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Pay the man.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join