It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the tribulation about to start?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   
If God is Jewish, doesn't that mean everyone else is screwed??

How does one reconcile that with the fact Isreali's dont believe Jesus was the son of God?

It's like being a Brown's fan and rooting for the steelers. It dont make no sense.

a reply to: ntech

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

In 1918, they were living under Woodrow Wilson's progressive war-time restrictions. The downplayed and ignored the plague as much as possible except for a few places because to try to stop it would have interrupted the war machine and movement of troops overseas to the war effort.

How do you think the flu spread so effectively and rapidly across the country and then around the world? WWI troops movements.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Just because you don't take the time to understand it all ...

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Really? The war ended in November and the pandemic carried on. But yes, WWI troops brought it back from Europe.

a reply to: ketsuko

Son, I was born n raised a freewill baptist with southern baptist grandparents.....I know plenty. But momma didnt raise no fool either, which is why I flew that cult long ago.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

How does one reconcile that with the fact Isreali's dont believe Jesus was the son of God?

It's like being a Brown's fan and rooting for the steelers. It dont make no sense.

Point 1 If God is Jewish, doesn't that mean everyone else is screwed??

Because according to Genesis 48 and 49 along with Romans 11 by the end times everybody is pretty much either a Jew or Israelite by then. According to Genesis the point of choosing Abraham was to eventually have most if not all of the world to be eventually be descended from him. Also the point of the olive tree parable in Romans 11 was to point out that becoming a Christian was to join the family tree of Abraham. Christianity is an adoption program. YOU ARE ALL JEWISH NOW!!!
BWHAAA!

Point 2 How does one reconcile that with the fact Isreali's dont believe Jesus was the son of God?

Because of the day of Jezreel curse I mentioned. Those under a curse are not supposed to understand what's going on.

Isaiah 6

9And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
10Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
11Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,
12And the LORD have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.
13But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof.

Something else. The Jews claim Jesus Christ didn't fulfill all the prophesies for the messiah. What they refuse to recognize is that in killing John the Baptist and Jesus Christ they're the ones responsible for that.

edit on 20-1-2021 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Yes, really.

Read John M. Barry's book on the subject. The first outbreaks were in Kansas - Ft. Riley - and got shipped all over the country via troops movements.

The only reason they call it Spanish Flu is that the Spanish press was the first to really start reporting on it, not that it was the first place it broke out.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If it happened once, it can surely happen again.

Habakkuk

1 The prophecy that Habakkuk the prophet received.

Habakkuk’s Complaint
2 How long, Lord, must I call for help,
but you do not listen?
Or cry out to you, “Violence!”
but you do not save?
3 Why do you make me look at injustice?
Why do you tolerate wrongdoing?
Destruction and violence are before me;
there is strife, and conflict abounds.
4 Therefore the law is paralyzed,
and justice never prevails.
The wicked hem in the righteous,
so that justice is perverted.

The Lord’s Answer
5 “Look at the nations and watch—
and be utterly amazed.
For I am going to do something in your days
that you would not believe,
even if you were told.
6 I am raising up the Babylonians,[a]
that ruthless and impetuous people,
who sweep across the whole earth
to seize dwellings not their own.
7 They are a feared and dreaded people;
they are a law to themselves
and promote their own honor.
8 Their horses are swifter than leopards,
fiercer than wolves at dusk.
Their cavalry gallops headlong;
their horsemen come from afar.
They fly like an eagle swooping to devour;
9 they all come intent on violence.
Their hordes advance like a desert wind
and gather prisoners like sand.
10 They mock kings
and scoff at rulers.
They laugh at all fortified cities;
by building earthen ramps they capture them.
11 Then they sweep past like the wind and go on—
guilty people, whose own strength is their god.”

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Btw, I'm not a son, and being raised in a religious tradition is no indication that one has taken time to really understand it.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I wrote that thread on A pandemic, as the start of Revelation events, long before this one began. I've been careful not to idenify THIS one as the crucial event, only to point it out as a possibility.
The difference would be if this one was followed and accompanied by war and famine laying waste to a huge portion of the earth. If that started happening things would begin to look ominous.
And I'm certainly beginning to see news stories about economists and other experts who see the world in serious danger.

edit on 20-1-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Freth

It hasn't started yet......the events of the last year especially with COVID have accelerated everything towards it for sure as you posted. A global pandemic that shut down 21st century civilization fulfills biblical prophesy for our generation.

Here is my prediction.
What happened to all Trump supporters in the last 3 weeks is going to be rolled out against all religions and it's members in the near future. This is just a trial run to see if they can run a large scale smear and destroy campaign against millions of people and hundreds of businesses.

Ponder on a revised version of a famous quote.

First they came for the Trump Voters, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Trump Voter
Then they came for the Gun Owners, and I did not speak out— because I was not a Gun Owner
Then they came for the Christians, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Christian.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Oppression on one group, when successful, always leads to the next targeted group, and Christians are in this arc.

edit on 20-1-2021 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
One thing religious antagonists have correct, in my opinion, is the idea to make this world better, rather than waiting for the next... 'cause why not?

I think you are wrong, most “religious antagonists” are more interested in bible bashing and judging others than loving people
Your comments are either genuine and lost or extremely clever sarcasm

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   

No God is not Jewish, God didn’t want the Jewish religion (Isaiah 1/11) God is identified by Jesus, mankind needed the Jewish law back then because, well look at what happened with Noah.
Mankind always ends up as an evil entity.
Christians now have the Holy Spirit, true Christians, real Christians, not just your average bible basher fundamentalist, true Christians prove their faith by walking in the fruit of the Spirit.
Judaism is over, the law has ended

Israel are screwed right now, Gods chosen are still chosen but outside of Gods will by their choice
God will call out to them with the “Two Witnesses” to show them who Jesus is

The Jews don’t want Jesus, they want a warrior king to take back their lands and bring back peace to their country
Jesus came for individual hearts and minds not kingdoms

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Believe you me, I had twenty years of undestanding "it". The trouble is, nobody agrees on "it", nobody can prove "it", and nobody would believe "it" if "it" even happened, because "it" is so controversial, and people want to believe in something, nay anything, to get them through their little lives.

Cynical? You betcha. But not one person would recognize the anti-christ, not one person would recognize Jesus cuz how could you? Cuz I am betting he won't look like the brown dude you saw in that church painting as a kid.

As I tell my cuz, Church aint nuthin but a social club where like minded people go to have their deeply imbedded beliefs re-affirmed by other like-minded folks.

a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freth
As a Christian who watches and waits, it's been clear to me for some time that we've been experiencing birth pains leading up to the tribulation period prophesied in the Bible.

Matthew 24 is an overview. A summary of what events are to come to pass before the end.

✓ Verse 4: Deception
✓ Verse 5: False Christs
✓ Verse 6: Wars and rumors of wars
✓ Verse 7: Famines, pestilences, earthquakes in diverse places

✓ Verse 8: It's just the beginning of sorrows

✓ Verse 9: Christian persecution
✓ Verse 10: Many shall be offended, betray one another, hate one another
✓ Verse 11: False prophets
✓ Verse 12: Sin abounds, love waxes cold
✓ Verse 14: The Gospel goes to the world

ALL of these have happened within the span of this generation.

What's next?

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)

What is the abomination of desolation?

✓ A desolation of the body of God, the church, which aligned with the Pope in 2014 to end Protestantism and come together. While largely symbolic then, it will be realized in the near future as most (not all) of Christendom fall in line behind papal rule.

✓ A desolation of the temple of God; the human body. Godlessness, sin; making it so the Holy Spirit cannot dwell in the body. This is why there is no third temple, the third temple is the desolation of God in humanity in the end time.

✓ A religious power comes forward professing to be God on earth (the papacy). We already see this in the works; Biden and the Pope coming together.

And then the wrath of God is poured out. If you thought things were crazy before, they'll become unbearable for the sinful.

Matthew 24:21 KJV For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Verse 20; the great tribulation.

• An increase in natural disasters that become more destructive and even cause people to cry out to God for mercy.
  • A testing time for Christians, testing faith. A last call to repentance.
  • The plagues.
  • The mark of the beast. False worship or true worship, which will you accept?
  • The sealing of God's people.

And then the end will come.

Just from the summary that is Matthew 24, we can see we're in the end time and on the cusp of the tribulation. Revelation (et al) further cinches this fact. As per a previous post of mine, Revelation 14:6-12 is calling us out of (spiritual) Babylon.

There is a lot that could be said about American politics of the last five years (Trump's Presidency, the election), and I was tempted to write about it, but it really doesn't matter. What matters is the Biblical thermometer we've been given, so that we can know we're close to the end.

If you thought 2020 was a bad year, if you thought the election was bad—wait until you see what comes next. We're heading into some really dark times.

Look, you don't have to believe a word I say. Just pay attention and see what happens. When you start seeing it get worse and worse, you'll know. God exists and He is calling you home.

Revelation 14:12 KJV Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

If you're "watching and waiting" you might want to consider the possibility you could be doing more constructive things with your time, besides...y'know... expecting the end of the world. Because that can't be good for your health.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   
How on earth can one say that with a straight face?

It's like the Catholic church offering an escape from purgatory, for a fee, to a bunch uninformed flock. It's gobblygook designed to enslave people and keep them placated.
One keeps changing the narrative to make ones story fit a mold that makes on feel good.

Orthodox Christians thing=k Jesus and the holy spirit are idols, but before god.

Why on earth would a being that could create the world....need a rep, and a ghost to relay a message?

If one were honest about it, it sounds insane.

And lets not forget, the Bible is a mishmash of books put together by a man(Constantine), in order t hold the Roman empire together. Many books ere left out.
So the Bible is man-made, not God's word.

a reply to: Raggedyman

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Well that’s your opinion and you are welcome to that opinion, it is very ignorant and nearly a rant but, that’s fine
If you could imagine the man hours of so many millions, hundreds of millions, people through out history pouring over the bible and you, you know better

You live in a Western Society based on what the bible teaches, why not go to an atheist based society and try that out

To each their own

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Well that’s your opinion and you are welcome to that opinion, it is very ignorant and nearly a rant but, that’s fine
If you could imagine the man hours of so many millions, hundreds of millions, people through out history pouring over the bible and you, you know better

You live in a Western Society based on what the bible teaches, why not go to an atheist based society and try that out

To each their own

But let me ask
What one of Christ’s teaching don’t you like?

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

No God is not Jewish, God didn’t want the Jewish religion (Isaiah 1/11) God is identified by Jesus, mankind needed the Jewish law back then because, well look at what happened with Noah.
Mankind always ends up as an evil entity.
Christians now have the Holy Spirit, true Christians, real Christians, not just your average bible basher fundamentalist, true Christians prove their faith by walking in the fruit of the Spirit.
Judaism is over, the law has ended

Israel are screwed right now, Gods chosen are still chosen but outside of Gods will by their choice
God will call out to them with the “Two Witnesses” to show them who Jesus is

The Jews don’t want Jesus, they want a warrior king to take back their lands and bring back peace to their country
Jesus came for individual hearts and minds not kingdoms

Point 1. Judaism is over, the law has ended.

Not quite. That would be a violation of the covenant God made with Moses in Leviticus. Rather Judaism is suffering under a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse as outlined in the covenant. The Law appears to be perfectly healthy. And one day the curses placed on Israel and Judah back in antiquity will be over.

As for Christianity they are also under the old covenant but with a twist. Jesus Christ eliminated the animal sacrifices by being the sacrifice. BUT....IT STILL APPLIES. As long as you are a Christian in good standing you are connected to the family tree of Abraham and on the good side of the covenant. BUT. If you fall away and begin to sin you risk being cut out of the tree as mentioned in Romans 11 and then being subjected to the curses of the old covenant.

While it's promised that there will be a day where the old covenant will pass away that day is not yet.

Point 2. The Jews don’t want Jesus, they want a warrior king to take back their lands and bring back peace to their country
Jesus came for individual hearts and minds not kingdoms[

We're not exactly sure what the alternate plan for Israel was in the first century AD. As I mentioned the death of John the Baptist/Elijah the prophet wasn't exactly plan A. According to prophecy he was supposed to be a co-messiah that would have ruled with Jesus Christ. The first century Jews managed to botch the first century Apocalypse by killing him and triggering the curse in Malachi 4 and the book of Hosea. This is plan B we're in right now because plan A went sideways when they tried it. And it appears plan B is a Kludge. And Elijah was supposed to be the warrior messiah.
edit on 20-1-2021 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Freth
Hi Freth,

Verse 4 and 9 are already in effect to some degree.
Given Comrade Biden's close ties to Communist China,
and likely (if he has his way) transformation of US
to become subservient to China, we need to keep
in mind that China disallows Christianity.

Verse 9: There are cases where bars and strip
clubs are in full operation and Churches in same
locale are forbidden to hold services (with
coronovirus as the "justification.")

The party is promulgating abominations that
I won't cite here, given I respect
the ToS of this website (or that I'm not sure
if they can be listed here).

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Is the tribulation about to start?

Short answer: no.

Long answer: no.

ALL of these have happened within the span of this generation.

They've also happened in previous generations.

So, no.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join