It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Nominee To Lead DOJ Civil Rights Division: Melanin Endows Blacks With Greater Abilities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

It's partially stereotype, partially cultural, and partially a function of body build.

Culturally a lot of American blacks are highly urban and just don't have that much exposure to serious swimming. It's also not something they do as rule as a cultural preference.

In terms of body build, European whites and Asians are typically genetically predisposed to have a body type that favors swimming: longer torsos and longer arms especially. European whites tend to dominate in Olympic/International swimming because they are taller, that's all. But if you watch diving, the two ethnicities are inseparable in ability there.

Of course there are always exceptions because body type is not fixed to race or ethnicity. That's just predisposition because so many people of a certain body type can be found in a racial group.

Personally, my body type favors running/sprinting and I excelled at it - longer limbs, shorter torso, higher center of gravity. And guess what? I sucked at swimming for all that I enjoyed being in the pool as a kid.
edit on Tue Jan 12 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

It's partially stereotype, partially cultural, and partially a function of body build.

Culturally a lot of American blacks are highly urban and just don't have that much exposure to serious swimming. It's also not something they do as rule as a cultural preference.

In terms of body build, European whites and Asians are typically genetically predisposed to have a body type that favors swimming: longer torsos and longer arms especially. European whites tend to dominate in Olympic/International swimming because they are taller, that's all. But if you watch diving, the two ethnicities are inseparable in ability there.

Of course there are always exceptions because body type is not fixed to race or ethnicity. That's just predisposition because so many people of a certain body type can be found in a racial group.

Personally, my body type favors running/sprinting and I excelled at it - longer limbs, shorter torso, higher center of gravity. And guess what? I sucked at swimming for all that I enjoyed being in the pool as a kid.

It was an odd experience in boot camp when I got forced to be in the swimmer's group. It was actually for people who couldn't swim. I could swim, but there is a strict no touching rule in boot camp, and this this girl grabbed my leg because she couldn't swim so the salty Seal failed us both.

The group was literally 99.99% black people. Most of them passed with some help, but yeah it definitely is more that they just never swam, and when they do go to the pool they stay in the shallow end and don't like getting their hair wet.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

I liked it when I was young, but I don't like it anymore. I can do it, but I get cold really easy, and my feet sink relentlessly no matter how hard I try to float.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join