It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland goes into full lockdown, England to follow

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

Aye that's why we went over there to free brown something but it was not people but oil.

You do realise Saddam Hussein was given the nod to do as he did.

Kuwait was simply one of many reasons for the gulf war. LoL

edit on 4-1-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   

See i would say its natural to despise something like Trump.

You wipe that off your shoe not elect it POTUS. LoL

Anyhow problem solved. x

Down the pan he goes.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

So what did you do wash dishes to save your nation on this ""ship""?

That would seem to be more your speed. x

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

So what did you do wash dishes to save your nation on this ""ship"", that would seem to be more your speed. x

so what have you done for your nation except embaressing us everyday on ATS?
Washing dishes would be far more than you have done for your country.

The COVID is making you more unhinged than ever.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Actually I did.
Galley duty.
Everyone has a part.
Something else you do not understand.
As if washing dishes isn't important, well to you it probably isn't. Cleanliness wouldn't be important to you either. And definitely beneath you.
You are a peach.

Cheers

Ps
I repaired and maintained a high frequency target acquisition system and satellite communications system; and the xerox copier in the radio shack.
The galley duty was done by nearly all in rotation.
Not that you understand duty either
edit on 4/1/2021 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Aye that's why we went over there to free brown something but it was not people but oil. 

And how many people knew that back then when the internet was only just getting started?

I can 100% guarantee that you didn't know sh1!t about the false narrative at that time.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Brody served in good faith at that time and you have the nerve to belittle him for it?

Bad form.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Way to attempt to justify human right atrocities and illegal war on par with the Nazi regime.

We did not know.

Smashing.

Anyhoo away to my scratcher now, night night beautiful people.

Sleep tight, and dont let Biden bite. x

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   

The world needs dishwashers shooterbrody.

Accept progress.
x

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Way to attempt to justify human right atrocities and illegal war on par with the Nazi regime.

We did not know.

Smashing.

Anyhoo away to my scratcher now, night night beautiful people.

Sleep tight, and dont let Biden bite. x
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The world needs dishwashers shooterbrody.

Accept progress.
x

Its why you attempted to insult them, right?
Cheers

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Something not right with 70+ million retards that voted for Trump if we are honest.

Anyhoo get your head around the fact that Biden won and your racist lunatic is off to Florida if they will have him.

This is not the mud pit.

Are you drugged up or something, every post from you is oozing hate.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

We did not know. 

Another example of why it's hard to take your posts seriously.

You equate the first Gulf War to the Holocaust...
edit on 412021 by Wide-Eyes because: Washing the pots

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

On the main topic, if the lockdowns are so succesful why are countries on the 2nd or 3rd national lockdown?

Because they invariably started too late and ended too soon. There were also piecemeal - schools, universities etc. remaining open. Public compliance wasn't helped by unclear, confusing and last-minute government directives and government advisors flaunting the rules they expected us to follow.

This doesn't mean the lockdowns should have been longer. On the contrary, locking down just a week earlier has a huge impact on the rate of infection (because it's exponential) and allows you to open up much sooner. This circuit-breaker concept for keeping the R number low was discussed early at the start of the pandemic.

The problem is, it requires an exceptional leadership that understands and is willing
to be led by the science, sufficiently trusted to clearly convey it to the public, and strong enough to make hard timely decisions against inevitable opposition.

No European government (unless we count Iceland) was up to that. Boris Johnson's least of all. The British government watches how bad the headlines get before considering which way to dither.

There is no doubt that full lockdowns bring the infection rate down (you only have to look at the stats), just as there's no doubt they wreck the economy and cause countless other problems. But right now, with the more infectious new strain, plus the South African variant (which might evade the current vaccines), it's all we have to prevent our hospitals overflowing.

originally posted by: Irishhaf

IF the lockdowns worked on the virus (like people claim) wouldnt it have burnt out by now?

Because the virus is globally endemic it will flare up again. The lockdowns just buy time while vaccines kick in and other therapies are developed.

Instead of moaning about the lockdowns, we should be moaning (or screaming) about the almost wholesale failure and incompetence of governments in the Western World (with the exception of New Zealand and possibly Australia) to intelligently handle a predictable and predicted pandemic.

Several Eastern World governments have proven that it can be controlled with minimal or no lockdowns and harm to public or economy.

Having experienced the trauma of SARS-CoV, they acted as soon as news came from China of SARS-CoV-2. Tiawan warned the World Health Organisation of the threat on 31 December 2019 and immediately put measures in place. By January 1st they were inspecting flight passengers from Wuhan. They had contact-tracing, testing and quarantines up and running, while our governments looked on, did nothing, watched the virus spread, kept their fingers crossed and discussed it for months.

Taiwan population: 23.78 million. Covid deaths: 7. Lockdowns 0
edit on 4-1-2021 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 02:24 AM
link   

That would make them Americans.

Yeah, never really understood the Scottish-American, Irish-American, Italian-American, African-American etc nonsense.
Either one or the other.

Brody is right...

As the saying goes; even a broken clock is right twice a day.
He's right on this.....the rest of the stuff he's posted in this thread is absolute bollocks.

None of it has much relevance at all with Scottish lockdowns, UK lockdowns or lockdowns in general.

ETA.

Maybe Brody has made more relevant points than I first gave him credit for.....but only one or two.
lol

edit on 5/1/21 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Race you to the bottom!!

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: EvilAxis

A lot of sense in your post, BawJaws really is not the clown we need in charge during a time of crisis.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

IF the lockdowns worked on the virus (like people claim) wouldnt it have burnt out by now?

I don't think anyone has claimed that lockdown's will eliminate or eradicate the virus, it's about damage limitation and not overwhelming our health service.

As I have stated several times now, I personally am not convinced of the efficacy of national lockdowns but I do understand the reasoning behind them. People really need to start applying some reasoned thought to this and listen to what is actually being said rather than, for whatever reasons, what they think or believe is being said.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: EvilAxis

Great post.

Everyone on ATS should make an effort to read and consider what you wrote.

A general observation:
Scottish lockdowns to The First Gulf War via two World Wars and British Imperialism and US warmongering?
Wow.
Is this what we have become?

I really do understand that people are under pressure - to varying degrees and for a variety of reasons - but the application of reasoned thought and critical thinking really should be encouraged.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I haven't seen it mentioned in the discussion but as it stand the R rate in London is significantly higher than the rest of the UK (can't seem to find the R rate for London) and Scotland is just 4 weeks behind London on the curve.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I think most people saw the national lockdown coming.

Just an observation. The UK does not have a history of authoritarianism, so lockdowns are not as effective because people can choose to ignore them – you’ll be very unlucky to get in trouble with the law unless you are asking for it! Plus, people need to get out to the shops, to work and so on so it’s always only partial at best. While we celebrate the NHS we often forget they real heroes of this pandemic have been the delivery drivers and shop workers.

Lockdowns are effective in China because people fear the authorities and they tend to be more obedient, and in some European countries people accept greater enforcement e.g. having to fill in a form to go shopping, or having police-manned roadblocks.

I think the UK government was always going to be criticised, often from a position of ignorance and/or (er) contrived politics. They are in a "damned if you do, dammed if you don't" situation. Personally, I think they have been working in a very complicated crisis and have generally done well. The lessons learnt after this pandemic ends will be interesting, including the need to have improved national planning rather then the fragmented approach.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join