It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Harvard professor says an alien visited in 2017 — and more are coming

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I doubt we will ever know what it was, sadly.

2nd

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018
That Spaceship looks like a Turd - The origin must be Uranus.

Projectiled from origin no doubt !

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Could ice account for both the reflectivity and any increase in speed ?

Maybe melting approaching the sun causing a change of mass or adding velocity by escaping like a geyser.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

Using physics, scientists can calculate the exact path an object should take and what speed it should travel due to the gravitational force exerted by the sun. The sun’s pull will speed up an object massively as it gets closer, then kick it out the other side, only for the object to slow considerably as it gets farther away.

I'm certainly no expert but that doesn't sound right ?

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Harvard,,, ,lol....I remember when such colleges had respect....how did the dems turn those places into jokes?

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: chunder

Maybe melting approaching the sun causing a change of mass or adding velocity by escaping like a geyser.

Yes, it could.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Looks like a Dog Turd to me .

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: chunder

Observations seem to discount that theory.

Though puzzling for an asteroid, the additional acceleration measured for Oumuamua is naturally expected for icy comets. Comets passing near the Sun heat up, causing outgassing; this evaporating material then adds a boost to the bodys motion away from the Sun.Observations of Oumuamua contradicted the comet theory early on: theres no observational evidence of outgassing, no coma or dust tails, and no cometary emission lines. But perhaps we just missed the signs, and Oumuamua is somehow a comet in disguise?Thats unlikely, according to author Roman Rafikov (University of Cambridge, UK and Princetons Institute for Advanced Study). In a recent study, Rafikov examined what would happen if Oumuamua were outgassing like a comet. He found that, for reasonable assumptions about Oumuamuas properties, torques caused by outgassing would cause the bodys spin to evolve rapidly. This process would have spun Oumuamua up to the point where it couldnt hold itself together anymore, causing it to fly apart before it passed through our solar system.
ui.adsabs.harvard.edu...

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Anybody write a thread on this yet?

Oahu

The oahu blue streak ufo

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Question is, did we even scan for transmissions from the object? Do we have the technology to scan their transmissions. Maybe they communicate in ways we have not imagined yet. As per the article yeah an asteroid shaped like a cigar is pretty un heard of. Maybe it was a ship of some sorts as rock is a good insulator towards the radiation in space maybe they utilize rock surfaces on their ships?

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

‘Oumuamua (“Oh-moo-ah-moo-ah”), a Hawaiian word meaning “a messenger from afar arriving first.”

www.geekwire.com...

The Scout of God

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I am not that clued up on these things, but if it was a " probe " would it not have been sending transmissions back to it's home planet ?

Would those transmissions not have been detected on Earth ?

Were we listening? Did we have the right "ears"?

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

However, this from the article.

The object, in fact, accelerated “slightly,

I would imagine that if it indeed " accelerated " then it still must be " powered up " in some way ?

Therefore it was more than just discarded space junk.

Dude read the article...

The article suggests that the object accelerated due to it acting as a solar sail.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I read that. I understand that. I was just throwing out observations like I do. That object is definitely something that we have never observed before and most likely at some point under intelligent control. But after that, it is all guess work. Who knows.

The fact that it did not behave as it should according to the math is outstanding. Hopefully the math is correct. That object is more interesting and intriguing than 99 % of earth bound ufo sightings

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Maybe whoever it was... sprayed covid over the Earth before flying back to where they came.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Anybody write a thread on this yet?

Oahu

The oahu blue streak ufo

The color of that thing is amazing. No wonder it freaked a lot of witnesses out.

Great article at the link you provided as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Were we listening? Did we have the right "ears"?

We were listening, SETI used the Allen Telescope Array.

We were looking for a signal that would prove that this object incorporates some technology – that it was of artificial origin,” says Gerry Harp, lead author of a paper to be published in the February 2019 issue of Acta Astronautica. “We didn’t find any such emissions, despite a quite sensitive search. While our observations don’t conclusively rule out a non-natural origin for ‘Oumuamua, they constitute important data in assessing its likely makeup.”

Observations were made between November 23 and December 5, 2017, using the wide-band correlator of the ATA at frequencies between 1 and 10 GHz and with a frequency resolution of 100 kHz. No signals were found at a level that would be produced by an omnidirectional transmitter on-board the object of a power of about 10 watts or more. In portions of the radio spectrum that are routinely cluttered by artificial satellite telemetry, the threshold for detection was higher. In all cases, these limits to the powers that could be detected are quite modest – comparable to that of a citizen band radio.
www.seti.org...

I would think it would make more sense to transmit any data it found on the return journey rather than at its destination ... if it were an Extraterrestrial object designed to transmit observation data.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I didn’t want to create thread drift but also find it incredibly hard to search past articles on my phone which is the only way I use ats

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I read that. I understand that. I was just throwing out observations like I do. That object is definitely something that we have never observed before and most likely at some point under intelligent control. But after that, it is all guess work. Who knows.

The fact that it did not behave as it should according to the math is outstanding. Hopefully the math is correct. That object is more interesting and intriguing than 99 % of earth bound ufo sightings

I think we should keep a probe on the ready to send and go after things like this.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

We now have a dedicated space force. This should be part of their protocol. We need guardian probes to definitely chase something like this to find out as much as possible as quickly as possible before the opportunity is lost.

Or the soon to be UK space command. It doesn’t matter who does it as long as it is done. Maybe not china... I read the three body problem.... lol
edit on 3-1-2021 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join