It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Agree With This Then You Are A Racist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   
My feeling is there are words I should police myself on using, but there are NO words anyone else should imagine themselves allowed to police me for using.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Well it's kinda like trying to ban Huckleberry Finn some yrs back because of all the N. words , look I get it, but Ppl now a days cannot deal with context, and do not know when to laugh, when to cry and when to kick someone's ass over it.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Lol!!!

Reminds me of many, many years ago when my about eight year old

brother was chastised and punished for using the word bloody ( yes I

know so tame now
) Anyway he spent a lot of time voicing the

bloody tower over and over again!!!

Legitimately using the word he had been punished for using!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Sounds like the fan was set up. Sad really that people can be so arrogant that they treat people in this way

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Sounds like the fan was set up. Sad really that people can be so arrogant that they treat people in this way

Or realizing that there are folks in the audience who will use any excuse to berate or attack her..shouldn't have been done in any case.
edit on 29-12-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Here's the question:

Was she "using" the "n" word or simply singing the song?

If I read the text of Huckleberry Finn, am I merely reading the text or am I "using" the "n" word?

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

OK, she's at a concert and the star she is there to see pulls *her*, little old *her* out of the crowd onto the stage in front of EVERYONE else and you expect her to be that self-aware and conscious of all the possible ramification of singing her favorite song?

Really?

Most people are stupid.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

This is so #ing stupid. People don't use the word as a derogatory term as much as they used to, now most white people use the word in the exact same fashion that black people use it. I see it all of the time and it drives me bonkers, mostly because it makes the white person look stupid for how they sound, plus, I'm getting sick of the word and all the whining about it.

The problem here is that black people created rap culture and many people out there love rap culture(not sure why, but whatever). If you continuously use a word in said culture, you'll make more people want to mimic what they feel to be cool. Now how stupid is it to make usage of this word in a friendly manner "cool", then get mad at white people for wanting to mimic what they think is cool??

In other words, want people to stop using the word?? Then stop using it yourself. They did it, they took it's power away from the racists, it's time for it to go away now. The more they use it, the more others will want to mimic it, and the more others get in trouble for mimicking it, then the more it's proving racism is alive and well, just in a different color.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

The problem here is that black people created rap culture and many people out there love rap culture(not sure why, but whatever). If you continuously use a word in said culture, you'll make more people want to mimic what they feel to be cool. Now how stupid is it to make usage of this word in a friendly manner "cool", then get mad at white people for wanting to mimic what they think is cool??

In other words, want people to stop using the word?? Then stop using it yourself. They did it, they took it's power away from the racists, it's time for it to go away now. The more they use it, the more others will want to mimic it, and the more others get in trouble for mimicking it, then the more it's proving racism is alive and well, just in a different color.

I think you have stumbled upon the whole point of it.

Now they have something they can hold over the heads of others when convenient.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Live performances won’t be a thing anymore. You won’t need to worry about this.

a reply to: Alien Abduct

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Spider879

OK, she's at a concert and the star she is there to see pulls *her*, little old *her* out of the crowd onto the stage in front of EVERYONE else and you expect her to be that self-aware and conscious of all the possible ramification of singing her favorite song?

Really?

Most people are stupid.

I know but I'm taking about the dude who put her on stage, he's ultimately responsible if things went down hill from there, know your audience.
edit on 29-12-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It's funny how the world turns. When I was a child many, many moons ago it was derogatory to say Black people, yet now Black people like to inform you that this is their preferred word.
Not "coloured", I think that is because they like the exclusivity of Black. Not any hues like Brown etc. like Arabs, Indians (from India), etc.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If you're a rapper, and you have a song with N word in the lyrics, why have a white person come on stage to sing the song if you don't want them singing the lyrics? Just a set up for publicity I'm guessing

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
The concert thing is a bit silly. But why would you want to use it as a white person?

White people and the n word have negative associations. So you're arguing that black people should be fine with white people using the n word. Which i don't think you'll be successful at. Especially because that would totalky change the meaning of n!gga.

It's also pretty silly to call out discrimination for it. Many years of systemic discrimination from white people and the great injustice is that black folk are uncomfortable with white people saying the n word.

Give me a break man..

Hahaha you dont even know me dude. I use the word all the time! Half my family is black, my kids are half black, most of my friends are black, I grew up in a predominantly black neighborhood. They call me the n word (ending with a) every fu**ing day!

The only time I seen any of my black friends or family get mad over a white person using the n word is when they use it with er at the end and trying to use it in a derogatory manor.

Have a good day friend. Stay "woke" LMFAO

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Nowhere is it written that a person's "comfort" is anyone's responsibility beyond the individual deciding what to personally feel uncomfortable about.

Life sucks, buy a freaking helmet and grow some damn skin thickness... this constant whining about how words caused pain and suffering is embarrassing. If a grown-ass man wants to stand around looking like a bitch complaining about how a damn word caused him emotional pain, then he's a sorry ass excuse for a man.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
It's funny how the world turns. When I was a child many, many moons ago it was derogatory to say Black people, yet now Black people like to inform you that this is their preferred word.
Not "coloured", I think that is because they like the exclusivity of Black. Not any hues like Brown etc. like Arabs, Indians (from India), etc.

We must be of a relative age?

We used the 'polite' *N* word did you?

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
If you agree that white people aren't allowed to say the n word (ending with a) but black people can then you are a racist.

Here is an example..

Kendrick Lamar stops white fan using N-word on stage at concert

The rapper invited the girl to sing along M.A.A.D City during his set at a Hangout Festival in Alabama.

But Kendrick stopped her after she repeatedly sang along the N-word - (ending with a) which is said multiple times in his song.

In the mean time there are thousands of other people that can sing along and use the n word no problem because well, they are black.

here's a link to the story mentioned for reference

This is the very definition of racism.

rac·ism
/ˈrāˌsizəm/
noun
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group

Its either no one should say it or its okay for everyone to say it. No discrimination.

No one will stop you from saying it. You are free to say it whenever and however way you want to.....HOWEVER...LOL...you must know that being non-black or white and saying it brings out allll sorts of emotion from black people. And it all depends on the black person(s) hearing it, their background, years of pent up frustration, etc. The reaction will vary every single time...from 0 to 100. Sooo, by all means, don't be shy. Say it loud!

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma

If you agree that white people aren't allowed to say the n word (ending with a) but black people can then you are a racist.

Here is an example..

Kendrick Lamar stops white fan using N-word on stage at concert

The rapper invited the girl to sing along M.A.A.D City during his set at a Hangout Festival in Alabama.

But Kendrick stopped her after she repeatedly sang along the N-word - (ending with a) which is said multiple times in his song.

In the mean time there are thousands of other people that can sing along and use the n word no problem because well, they are black.

here's a link to the story mentioned for reference

This is the very definition of racism.

rac·ism
/ˈrāˌsizəm/
noun
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group

Its either no one should say it or its okay for everyone to say it. No discrimination.

No one will stop you from saying it. You are free to say it whenever and however way you want to.....HOWEVER...LOL...you must know that being non-black or white and saying it brings out allll sorts of emotion from black people. And it all depends on the black person(s) hearing it, their background, years of pent up frustration, etc. The reaction will vary every single time...from 0 to 100. Sooo, by all means, don't be shy. Say it loud!

Oh I do. Been saying it all my life. Read my post above this one. LMAO

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Nowhere is it written that a person's "comfort" is anyone's responsibility beyond the individual deciding what to personally feel uncomfortable about.

Life sucks, buy a freaking helmet and grow some damn skin thickness... this constant whining about how words caused pain and suffering is embarrassing. If a grown-ass man wants to stand around looking like a bitch complaining about how a damn word caused him emotional pain, then he's a sorry ass excuse for a man.

This is exactly what I teach my kids!

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
The concert thing is a bit silly. But why would you want to use it as a white person?

White people and the n word have negative associations. So you're arguing that black people should be fine with white people using the n word. Which i don't think you'll be successful at. Especially because that would totalky change the meaning of n!gga.

It's also pretty silly to call out discrimination for it. Many years of systemic discrimination from white people and the great injustice is that black folk are uncomfortable with white people saying the n word.

Give me a break man..

Hahaha you dont even know me dude. I use the word all the time! Half my family is black, my kids are half black, most of my friends are black, I grew up in a predominantly black neighborhood. They call me the n word (ending with a) every fu**ing day!

The only time I seen any of my black friends or family get mad over a white person using the n word is when they use it with er at the end and trying to use it in a derogatory manor.

Have a good day friend. Stay "woke" LMFAO

Aha! Sooo, you grew up in a black neighborhood and 1/2 your folks are black, etc. That's fine and dandy. You get a pass to say it around your folks and in your neighborhood due to affinity and association. No big deal. I think you would agree with me that you would def think twice about using it prolifically in a strange neighborhood with strange black people around you. If you say otherwise, you would need to convince me more. LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join