It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My wife just got the first dose of the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine today

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

My first thought was it must be a supply issue. Thanks for the explanation.

They opened it up to 16 and older here because the supply has been plentiful. We're at around 31% fully vaccinated and 38% at least one dose. Now you can go to some pharmacies and get the shots on demand.

I got mine at a drive-through and didn't even need to get out of the car. While there for the second shot, a car pulled up and asked for one without an appointment and they let them go through. I've read there will be walk-in clinics also.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
As someone who works on a vaccination center the moderna vaccine can have the following temporary side effects.

1. pain at the injection site
2. fever
3. headache or muscle or joint pain

Those symptoms are common, but usually remain mild and does not last long. Just some info about the Moderna Vaccine.

Stay Healthy people.

Peace

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

My first thought was it must be a supply issue. Thanks for the explanation.

They opened it up to 16 and older here because the supply has been plentiful. We're at around 31% fully vaccinated and 38% at least one dose. Now you can go to some pharmacies and get the shots on demand.

I got mine at a drive-through and didn't even need to get out of the car. While there for the second shot, a car pulled up and asked for one without an appointment and they let them go through. I've read there will be walk-in clinics also.

The rollout has been very slow here. By appointment ..ol, or phone, they might be doing people 55 and older atm. It's been bizarre due to the lack of supplies, insofar as the order. Older 1st, mixed with some front line workers, I think police/ambulance service people just got approved..after fighting for it. I would think they should of been done long ago. Aboriginals, or mixed of any age over 18 are ok to get it, that was my ticket.

I wasn't really wanting it just yet, but did it for a few uncomfortable co-workers, I would of done it eventually though. We have a few drive in's, mostly walk in's at most places.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   

It started with over 65 here and I'm over 65. My wife was not so she had to wait a couple of weeks longer. I think we are nearing 70% for the over 65 group. Cases are on the rise again but it's mostly younger people getting it now.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Seed76

The Moderna rash can show up 4 to 12 days after the shot. For me it was 12 days. Harmless though.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Second shot yesterday. Nothing.

A slight headache this afternoon. Ibuprofen dealt with it.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

I had a coworker who did the one shot J&J. She reacted to her one shot the same way I did to my first dose of Pfizer. I think her reaction lasted longer though. She missed about half the day the following day.

My parents got the Pfizer and had no issues with either shot.

I'm not sure which one my cousin's husband had, but I'm guessing Pfizer since he was in the first round to get vaccinated as a medical worker. The second dose pulled him under mildly the second day, but not severely. He was likely in the neighborhood of where I was with my second dose, maybe a bit less.
edit on 17-4-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Day three after my 2nd dose of Moderna, I'm great. Yesterday we went out rockhounding, other than a sore arm and a slight headache day one, I'm doing good.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
MONTHLY UPDATE:

05/11/2021 @ 11:30am ET: I received my 2nd shot of the Moderna vaccine today

- My temp is normal @ 98.6F
- No pain at the injection site yet
- I still have enough energy to stop and pick up groceries on the way home
- My appetite is normal

More to come............

edit on 5/11/2021 by Krakatoa because: added additional thoughts

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MayRenee
Day three after my 2nd dose of Moderna, I'm great. Yesterday we went out rockhounding, other than a sore arm and a slight headache day one, I'm doing good.

I was just tired for about 4 days.

Arm hurt a little. Nothing to stop me from normal routine.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Do this if you have recently been vaccinated. You just need a neodymium magnet like the one in the video below. I tried this myself and it actually is true. I wonder if I will get censored again?

COVID JAB CAUSES MAGNETS TO STICK TO ARMS

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Wow. i have tiny magnets but still they stuck. I jokingly put my jabby jabby appointment in my calendar as “Microchip Implant” and here I am...microchipped.

You know the real test will be the hand scanner at the store. I can thank Scully for that tip.

a reply to: Doctor Smith

edit on 5/12/2121 by IWant2Believe323 because: another thought

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   
UPDATE:
Now that I have recovered enough, I can post my experience from the last 2 days.

05/11/2021:
- 8:00pm: My temp is rising @ 99F
- Pain begun at the injection site
- Body chills has begun
- My appetite is non-existent

05/12/2021:
- 1:00am: My temp is now @ 101.8F
- Pain continues at the injection site and spreading to body
- Body chills gone, but cold extremities
- Taking Tylenol and cold compress applied to forehead to ease the fever
- My appetite is non-existent
- Can't sleep

05/12/2021:
- 5:00am: Fever broke, now down to 98.8F
- Still can't sleep
- Body aches beginning
- Taking naproxen to reduce inflammation in joints to ease pain

05/12/2021:
- 9:00am: Temp returned to normal @ 98.6F
- Body aches remain
- Very tired, no energy
- Went to bed to get some sleep

05/12/2021:
- Temp still normal @ 98.6F
- 7:30pm: Slept all day
- Body aches remain but are minimizing
- Still tired, energy slowly returning

05/13/2021:
- Temp still normal @ 98.6F
- Awake all day
- Body aches non-existent
- Still tired, energy back
- Mild headache (a.k.a. covid-19 hangover)
- Appetite has fully returned

More to come............

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

All the very, Hopeful) , Best for Both Wife plus your goodself. UK here, Niece who is a qualified Nurse, was given 2 shots of Astra Zeneca jab. 12 days later Temperature rose high, B.P went up, Tachycardia symptoms plus Headache. Eventually went to local hospital, was admitted as patient. Tests etc. were carried out. Results?, they detected a possible Chest infection , but could not define such. Niece eventually came home and still does'nt know What happened. So just be careful, even though you had Pfizer or Moderna jabs.

Cheers

edit on 13-5-2021 by steaming because: detail correction

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

See if a magnet sticks to your injection site and let us know.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

You want to talk magnets??? I'm getting some MRIs on both shoulders this coming Tuesday, ya I can talk magnets...lol I like to see a micro chip live though that...

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

You want to talk magnets??? I'm getting some MRIs on both shoulders this coming Tuesday, ya I can talk magnets...lol I like to see a micro chip live though that...

Rotary cuff injuries?

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Rotary cuff injuries?

Getting old injuries...lol

For about 6 months I been dealing with pain working out and even though I have worked on my routine around my shoulders they are just not getting better, so it is time to see what is going on and figure out what I need. Oh and to kill the chips I got from the vaccine...

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

My right shoulder is finally healing after 2 months of severe pain. Generally you need to strengthen and stretch out the smaller neglected muscles in the shoulder. Bench pressing generally puts the shoulder out of balance. I have a book called "The 7- minute Rotator Cuff Solution". Chest expander (stretch rubber tubing) type of equipment is ideal for injuries.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

My right shoulder is finally healing after 2 months of severe pain. Generally you need to strengthen and stretch out the smaller neglected muscles in the shoulder. Bench pressing generally puts the shoulder out of balance. I have a book called "The 7- minute Rotator Cuff Solution". Chest expander (stretch rubber tubing) type of equipment is ideal for injuries.

I actually have pretty big shoulders. I work all three areas, The area that is killing me is side lateral movements or anything that kicks in the Medial. I don't know why, its not like I am playing any sports past golf these days, but they are super weak now.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join