It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My wife just got the first dose of the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine today

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hey ATS,

My wife is a front-line medical worker who works in a hospital microbiology lab running the covid-19 tests of the collected samples. As a result, she just got her first shot of the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine today. I'm making this thread as a way to document her symptoms (if any) over the next few weeks until her scheduled 2nd shot.

This is a first-hand account for ATS to follow if you wish.

12/28/2020:
- Temp is 97.5 degrees F (baseline normal for her)
- She has chills and feels cold (in a house that is at 70 degrees F)
- Her shoulder (where she got the shot) is sore. We applied an ice pack to keep the swelling down.

More to come ...............

edit on 12/28/2020 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Let us hope the "more to come" is a big blank spot.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Keep us informed.

Hopefully she will stay away from alcohol for at least a couple of months if she drinks. But minimum 3 weeks.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Looking forward to following this thread.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It's not unusual for someone to have a period where they feel like they have the disease but don't. It's supposed to last for a period of some hours, up to 12 or more.

Some patients have spiked brief high fevers.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Keep us informed.

Hopefully she will stay away from alcohol for at least a couple of months if she drinks. But minimum 3 weeks.

She is not a big drinker at all. A glass of wine makes her sleepy. I don't think that is a big concern here, but thanks.

link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Let us hope the "more to come" is a big blank spot.

Agreed...and thanks

link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

My Wife is an ER nurse and SIL is a Nurse practitioner . Wife isn't planning to get it but SIL already got it last week and she is doing fine.

edit on 551231America/ChicagoMon, 28 Dec 2020 19:55:35 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

link   

I applaud your wife for being in the medical field. Positive Affirmations she will feel nothing more than what she is feeling now. 🍻

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It's not unusual for someone to have a period where they feel like they have the disease but don't. It's supposed to last for a period of some hours, up to 12 or more.

Yes, I know. That is why I am monitoring her from the start....including taking her temperature as a baseline.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I applaud your wife for being in the medical field. Positive Affirmations she will feel nothing more than what she is feeling now. 🍻

Thank you.
She's been doing this for over 35 years now. It has been her only professional job in her life. She's a professional, and even so I worry not about her but about the newbies in the lab that tend to flaunt the protocols.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
did they explain how to change the batteries on the microchips?

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

My Wife is an ER nurse and SIL is a Nurse practitioner . Wife isn't planning to get it but SIL already got it last week and she is doing fine.

Working in the microbiology lab, she is exposed to this bug daily when processing all the samples collected for testing. She averages running 300 tests a day in her shift. Think about that for a minute. Handling 300 samples from who knowns who, with no idea if there is covid-19 swirling around in it, then pouring it off into the test vials to put onto the machine. All day in full PPE in a negative pressure room over a vacuum hood drawing the air out of the room through a medical filtration system.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Christ...we'll start a go fund me
Keep up the deets.

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Christ...we'll start a go fund me

LOL. Thanks but we're covered. I am also an "essential worker" in a technology field. Neither of us has been out of work through any of this.......yet.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, I know. That is why I am monitoring her from the start....including taking her temperature as a baseline.

I'm sure she'll probably be fine though.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Very nice of you to journal this for us.

If possible : please let us know if anything special comes-up with her co-workers as well, if you wish.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Following

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Yeah, that was sarcasm. Inject whatever you want.
I haven't been out of work either, but it's sure killing off the market here.
Keep up the updates.
Proof of your story would be even neater.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join