It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want the Good news???...or the Bad news?? REALLY BAD day!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Oh ouch! I was expecting something more dramatic then a slack weedwacker cord.

But! Ya its the unexpected that gets you. Kind of like when your going down, or up the stairs, and you expect that last step to be there, but it isn't.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Maybe I need Zen or Yoga, or something

Have you tried stoicism?

edit on 23-12-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Huh...Well, that was kind of cool!

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Awww, so sorry to hear this Hun. Like someone else mentioned, books and movies while you have so much time on your hands. They even have audio books you can listen to.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Not a problem mate and get well soon.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Holy crap man. I just saw your novel long post on your injuries. Sorry for the late reply. My sis was in town.

I’ve got serious permanent injuries of my own. Doctors have also told me my tolerance for pain is off the charts.

Yours was long, mine is going to be as well. PLEASE read thru it’s entirety, many of our injuries are similar.Here’s as brief of an outline as I can give you.

Sprained my neck snowboarding at 15. Never healed right. Which lead later terrible permanent injury to my left shoulder (rotator cuff)

Unrelated Lower back (sacroiliac joint) since 17 years old. Blew it out at work, worked in commercial floor coverings 60 hours a week — and I was freaking active in my off time on top of that. Why? Because I never stretched my muscles regularly!

Continuing, the lower back problems are due to tight hamstrings. On New Year’s Eve of 2003, I was at my house with my two toddlers and wife. Just stepped out of the shower on one leg to dry the other off and BOOM! ShOOTING PAAAAAIIN down my right leg!

I had pinched my sciatica nerve. Pain beyond pain! 5 solid days of never ending excruciating PAIN!

Until on the 5th day, I did two things. I bought a 4 stage yoga DVD set for my home (THIS IS WHAT I STRONGLY RECOMMEND for you, we all know FCD don’t have time to go to a yoga studio. And no it’s not a religious thing) Started with beginner video, did whatever I could that day with the pain. Then I had acupuncture done. By a highly recommended acupuncturist.

I have so many more injuries that cause chronic pain. I’m going to cut it short here because I know you get the idea. Only one thing has helped me - Stretching. And yoga has by far the best instruction on how to do so.

After reading your post here is what I recommend:

1. Yes, physical Therapy NOW and probably at least 3 times a week.
2. Once you start feeling better from that, integrate mild stretching (yoga) build with time. Your body will respond very quickly if done properly. I guarantee your PT will recommend this as well.
3. Hire some FU##ING help at the ranch bro!!! THIS is the most important for your longevity! You can’t keep going like this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join