It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't PUNT on this article!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Not going to put too much into the description because the article is short, concise, and seems to be pretty easy to interpret.

We live in amazing times indeed when histories mysteries are being discovered.

www.ancient-origins.net...

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: atlantiswatusi

Cool find and thx for sharing!

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Wow, what a cool site! Thanks!

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Well, I didn't think the article was all that easy to interpret, honestly. I came away from it with more questions than answers.

I understand where they were headed with the theme of the article (i.e. that the ancient Egyptians were great explorers and traveled much further than initially imagined). However, it is equally likely that another civilization met them somewhere in the middle. The article is silent on this possibility.

The skulls / baboons might have been trading commodities, and were traded at the edge boundaries of their culture's empires. And this brings up a whole other line of questions.

Just my take.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
No problem guys. The site I posted from is pretty good about reporting on things...but there is also a bit of a alternative history bent that makes some things suspect. But I always find they have solid information on stuff like this.

At least to my untrained eye. Enjoy your day everyone!

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Well put that way now I have some questions. But I was more focused on the science of narrowing down where the Baboon came from. That to me seems pretty straight forward.

As for a pass between---certainly possible but I thought the article mentioned the tale from Egypt about the journey to Punt. So It seems they "went all the way"

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: atlantiswatusi
Not going to put too much into the description because the article is short, concise, and seems to be pretty easy to interpret.

Here is a link to the full paper the website story is based on:

elifesciences.org...

Good find AW!
edit on 17/12/20 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

I came across another one that seems a little bit....I dunno............

The article mentioned Hancock. Even as a fan I realize that means we are wading into deep pools of speculation lol. Gonna post it in a minute

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Also thank you for including the paper. Big ups on giving a little more to help flesh this out

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

edit on 17-12-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Also thank you for including the paper. Big ups on giving a little more to help flesh this out

Lots of people thought that part of Africa was Punt but that - dang I should have thought of that myself - to use the existing animal mummies to determine where they came from. Good science.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I read up on this some yrs back, I don't think any posted this here tho, so they found God's lands.

Hatshepsut's crowning achievement,

Btw there was at least one occasion when peaceful Punt took part in an invasion with those rascally Ku#e on Egypt

The text takes the form of an address to the living by Sobeknakht: “Listen you, who are alive upon earth . . . Kush came . . . aroused along his length, he having stirred up the tribes of Wawat . . . the land of Punt and the Medjaw. . .” It describes the decisive role played by “the might of the great one, Nekhbet”, the vulture-goddess of El Kab, as “strong of heart against the Nubians, who were burnt through fire”, while the “chief of the nomads fell through the blast of her flame”.
b
Above is from a pain in the ass pdf hard to get at work by Egyptologist Vivian Davis.
edit on 18-12-2020 by Spider879 because: Add content

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

The simple approaches from something that is outside a field but not yet apart from the field so to speak......I'm sure this is as much responsible for scientific progress as determination and dedication to a field

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Thanks for the blurb about that. It just goes to show....when one talks about the ease of finding the trappings of a possibly great lost culture...you gotta know where to look.

A possibly fantastically wealthy culture with military prowess to boot? Get that lidar STAT. We need to find the mines from Solomon, the City of Sheeba, and PUNT

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

If you would like to research something positively astonishing, do some research on Göbekli Tepe.

If what they're finding there turns out to be accurate it will completely rewrite every history book in existence! It turns the modern history of mankind's development completely upside down! It blows up religion (all of them), it blows up the Egyptians...it just blows up everything in recorded history. It's absolutely stunning! It's so mind blowing that not even archeologists can wrap their heads around it (which is likely why many haven't heard of it). All the big religions want to squash it, but it's real, and it's HUGE. Less than 30% of it has even been excavated yet and what they're finding just gets crazier the deeper they go.

What they're finding is that organized society existed thousands of years before the earliest recorded history. Possibly even tens of thousands of years!

ETA - If you think Stonehenge is old...think again!

edit on 12/18/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I have been reading up on Tepe. I think HansLune posted a link to their dig website which has nice information.

The other one though is the one that is getting very interesting. Dated older but can't recall the name and am at work currently.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

If you would like to research something positively astonishing, do some research on Göbekli Tepe.

If what they're finding there turns out to be accurate it will completely rewrite every history book in existence!

They have already been re-written - in the Archaeological and scientific world the impact of GT has already been incorporated.

Excavations started in 1994 and the history changing C-14 dates were published in 2011 but were known earlier.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I have been reading up on Tepe. I think HansLune posted a link to their dig website which has nice information.

The other one though is the one that is getting very interesting. Dated older but can't recall the name and am at work currently.

Karantepe

en.wikipedia.org...

The GT site is here too: www.dainst.blog...

new topics

top topics

join