It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurses Threaten Strike in California

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Maybe all that money going to support illegal aliens could be redirected towards necessary gear for nurses? I'm sure if they went to Mexico, snuck back in and claimed to be refugees they could get whatever they need.

I'm not sure what money is going to support illegal aliens, but if there is yes it should go to citizens first.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
has anyone given thought to the possibility this is all being done on purpose? Why are frontline workers slated to receive a highly experimental vaccine first? why are nurses being run into the ground? I forget where I heard the theory, but it made sense to me given how sold out the Left is to China and the UN. What if the goal is to run down, run out, our front line workers, especially just as a new Covid variant (Covid 21?) hits and we are hit with yet more surges and waves requiring more personnel than we can source within the US. Perfect opportunity to bring in foreign staffing, maybe directed by the UN itself?

I wonder if this is the first tip toward national healthcare.

Look these private hospitals can't handle it...wouldn't it be better to be centralized type of thing..

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

But ? 💢

California ! 😷

Hate to break it to you but its not only a California thing. My wife is an ER nurse and Manages the ER in a Florida hospital and the staffing and not protecting staffing issue are real.

She has had to fight with the c suite tooth an nail to protect the staff, make sure they can use sick time for when they are out due to covid, and even getting testing.

Nurses are getting shafted and nobody wants to really look into it. They just want to give fake and insincere praises on their Instagram account and in public PR meetings.

edit on 051231America/ChicagoTue, 15 Dec 2020 17:05:42 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

No one in the country is closer to centralized than California. That's just a reality check.

If you can't figure it out from there, then I can't help you.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Go California. The best bad example there is.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No one in the country is closer to centralized than California. That's just a reality check.

If you can't figure it out from there, then I can't help you.

Yes California is already more socialized/left than the rest of the country, but this issue isn't so
black and white. Look at the comment before yours. Why is this happening in Florida? That's
a republican stronghold.

Also, can I just say the way you comment sometimes comes off as very arrogant. We can all have our opinions and have a nice dialog even if we don't agree without the cutesy little "If you can't figure it out from there, then I can't help you"

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

My wife is a doctor and she is having similar problems at local hospitals. However its the policies that is causing the problem. For example if your a nurse and you feel you were exposed you take off 72 hrs before returning to work. She said mysteriously there seems to be massive exposure to corona on fridays. Another thing is if you can test positive you can get 10 days off paid. The test can give you false positives according to her and people use these to take vacation. The doctors are getting very frustrated with the nursing staffs Your shortage is probably caused because of similar policies.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

But ? 💢

Science ! 😷

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Some people might wonder why 200 other hospital nurse groups aren't complaining nationwide ?

🦇

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Some people might wonder why 200 other hospital nurse groups aren't complaining nationwide ?

🦇

Because they would lose their lively hood and they don't have unions to protect them such as her hospital. Its also dependent on whether its a private run (which hers is) or gov't run that have to meet more guidelines.

Her hospital took extreme measure to prevent the unions to come in and and despite many of the nurses wanting them they were afraid to lose their jobs at the end. I'm not nor is she a pro union as they can be compromised as any lobbyist but clearly having one has its perks when you want to be heard.

irregardless She has had many nurses quit due to the lack of PPE and demands being put on them and they are playing the shuffling game and struggling to find qualified people. Its to the point that the c suite tried to prevent easy and fast testing because it would take staff of the rotation if they came back positive.

edit on 511231America/ChicagoTue, 15 Dec 2020 17:51:56 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

My wife is a doctor and she is having similar problems at local hospitals. However its the policies that is causing the problem. For example if your a nurse and you feel you were exposed you take off 72 hrs before returning to work. She said mysteriously there seems to be massive exposure to corona on fridays. Another thing is if you can test positive you can get 10 days off paid. The test can give you false positives according to her and people use these to take vacation. The doctors are getting very frustrated with the nursing staffs Your shortage is probably caused because of similar policies.

Too true.

I had a cold a couple weeks ago, they brought me in, tested me, and said, "Hide at home until you're not coughing any more. Two days later, they're calling me saying, "Better yet?"

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: dragonridr

Too true.

I had a cold a couple weeks ago, they brought me in, tested me, and said, "Hide at home until you're not coughing any more. Two days later, they're calling me saying, "Better yet?"

This is very true as well.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

My wife is a doctor and she is having similar problems at local hospitals. However its the policies that is causing the problem. For example if your a nurse and you feel you were exposed you take off 72 hrs before returning to work. She said mysteriously there seems to be massive exposure to corona on fridays. Another thing is if you can test positive you can get 10 days off paid.

This is very true as well but the doctors have a very strong and organized lobbying group and they never had the shortage of PPE as the nurses were expected to sacrifice.

edit on 531231America/ChicagoTue, 15 Dec 2020 17:53:12 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm confused. Conservatives here told us that hospitals are constantly empty and covid is all media hype.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog

unions are the cheapest insurance policy in the world

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
has anyone given thought to the possibility this is all being done on purpose? Why are frontline workers slated to receive a highly experimental vaccine first? why are nurses being run into the ground? I forget where I heard the theory, but it made sense to me given how sold out the Left is to China and the UN. What if the goal is to run down, run out, our front line workers, especially just as a new Covid variant (Covid 21?) hits and we are hit with yet more surges and waves requiring more personnel than we can source within the US. Perfect opportunity to bring in foreign staffing, maybe directed by the UN itself?

the US has been bringing nursing staff in from other countries for years, they don't need any excuses to do so. and here is the scary part. most of them go to the US for higher pay with less hours than they get at home. and on top of that a fair amount also go to get treated better than they do at home. i know a few Canadian nurses that have been lured down to the US for those reasons. if you think about it nurses are a lot like teachers. they are extremely important to society. but they are treated like crap, paid crap, and expected to work far more hours than most people.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
That's exactly what happened with my sister working at a plasma donation center.

They don't have enough people.

She complained to HR, silence. She takes a sick day, first night, shes called and asked if she can sneak back into close even though her covid test was in the air still

Close those real "non-essentials" down.

How much is still running as essential, but reality is, people can't stuff their gullets without someone providing the food?

How many "donation" centers are running for profit and have that shiny "essential" badge?

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
I'm confused. Conservatives here told us that hospitals are constantly empty and covid is all media hype.

I'm not a conservative but It is and it isn't.

When Rona first started my wife hospital was empty because people were afraid to go to the hospital. People only went for REAL emergencies, imagine that. My wife hospital actually had to let go of all the contracted staff and even some of the resident staff.

However, now people have lost their fear of the RONA due to its high recovery rate and just being done with the whole thing, so hospitals are picking back up but staffing is not . Its also a guessing game.

edit on 091231America/ChicagoTue, 15 Dec 2020 18:09:37 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

She said mysteriously there seems to be massive exposure to corona on fridays. Another thing is if you can test positive you can get 10 days off paid. The test can give you false positives according to her and people use these to take vacation.

So that's where all the tests are going! LOL. Kinda crazy but if there are loopholes people will take advantage of them.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

asked if she can sneak back into close even though her covid test was in the air still

There are things like that happening all over.. (Restaurants cough cough)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join