It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First person receives Pfizer Vaccine in UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Well boys and girls, here we go. The vaccine train's a rolling out. Pfizer's first to the punch with a 91 year old grandmother to be the first person to receive the vaccine as part of the covid-19 mass vaccination program.

www.bbc.com...

A UK grandmother has become the first person in the world to be given the Pfizer Covid-19 jab as part of a mass vaccination programme.

Margaret Keenan, who turns 91 next week, said the injection she received at 06:31 GMT was the "best early birthday present".

It was the first of 800,000 doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine that will be dispensed in the coming weeks.

Up to four million more are expected by the end of the month.

Dubbing the day "V-day", Health Secretary Matt Hancock said it was "a tribute to scientific endeavour and human ingenuity and to the hard work of so many people.

"Today marks the start of the fightback against our common enemy, the coronavirus," he said.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson, on a visit to a London hospital to see some of the first people getting the jab, said getting vaccinated was "good for you and good for the whole country".

UK's health minister has dubbed today V-day in commemoration as the day 'we start the fight against our common enemy'.

Oh goody, another catchy name. Gotta love that loaded language using words like fight, common enemy, pretty typical propaganda #.

Well UK good luck. Thanks for being the world's guinea pigs.
edit on 8/12/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Fake news.
Russia has already started it.
Anyway, until China vaccinates it people with western and european covid vaccine, its unlikely that any good news is going to come out of the UK.
And 90 years old, well, hope she ate a lot of eggs during her lifetime. I don't think she drinks liquor and I have a feeling that is why she has been chosen if in fact true.

By the way, if you folks take the vaccine, its advisable NOT to drink liquor possibly for the next 6 months. Well, maybe that's why liquor may be banned in the future.

Yes, I know it sounds silly, but... the whole world has been turned upside down. ( gone bazooko ) ( gone bonkers )

Whatever, no shot in the ass for me, that's for dang sure. Oh, in the arm. OK, doc, do it to it and get it over.

By the way, this may be the vaccine that makes people go bald. ( keep this in mind that MIM said it and really means it )
edit on 1200000025192020-12-08T23:19:25-06:00192512pm11 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Your welcome ....
Takes guts to be the 1st in the world. And that lady is a hero...
Whatever the outcome, she took a hit for all of us

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

By the way, if you folks take the vaccine, its not advisable to drink liquor possibly for the next 6 months.

Source?

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: sussy
Your welcome ....
Takes guts to be the 1st in the world. And that lady is a hero...
Whatever the outcome, she took a hit for all of us

Yes, and in Biblical proportions too.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: sussy

Takes guts to be the 1st in the world.

She isn't. There have been tens of thousands of people who took the vaccine during clinical trials.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
At least when they turn into zombies like those Ferrets did, they'll all be on an island of a country. England should be easy enough to quarantine and burn... right?

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

lol, don’t forget.... It’s a conspiracy site. 😛

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

By the way, if you folks take the vaccine, its not advisable to drink liquor possibly for the next 6 months.

Source?

I came across the source. But... yeah I know. I didn't save it or book mark it. Anyway, since its been said, I'm sure it will be found on the net many more times over now. Maybe it was on Twitter ? Whatever, the word was don't drink liquor after being vaccinated for about 6 months.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I came across the source.
Does the sun shine there?

I've never heard that claimed about any vaccine.

It's just stupid.

edit on 12/8/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I live very close to where they are distributing the vaccine. I will be offered it in the next few months which I will take.
So I will let you all know how it goes.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

It's just stupid.

This vaccine is almost as fragile as the virus, what next we can't talk about the vaccine or it will lose effectiveness.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sussy

If things go according to the "schedule" (such as it is) in the US, I might be able to join you at about the same time.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Talking is fine.
But when someone makes a claim like "don't drink for 6 months", there should be more than a claim. Crap, that doesn't even reach the level of rumor.

Doncha think?

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Who knows anymore what is true, false or normal, but ya that does sound stupid.
I am more concerned about the papers or app verification of having your vaccine, and when it will be forced on you, in order to be part of society.

There are already facts out there that is coming, in the near future. Eerily similar, to biblical stuff.

I am a amateur theologian.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

It's just stupid.

Sad to say, but it did catch my attention when I read it. And I don't know if it is that stupid of a warning with any type of vaccine. I know anti-biotics one should not drink grapefruit juice or liquor. Or even colas too.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I know anti-biotics one should not drink grapefruit juice or liquor. Or even colas too.

There's a difference between oral antibiotics and injected vaccines. Believe it or not.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I am a amateur theologian.

Eek.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Meh was young bored and lived near a big city, library.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

It's just stupid.

Yep, maybe I smoked too much green tea and thought it was something else.

It maybe basic science that may predict the effect of alcohol and vaccines would be biphasic, with immediate alcohol consumption right before the vaccination having a tendency to interfere with the vaccination and cessation of alcohol hours before the vaccination having a tendency to potentiate the vaccination. This prediction is based on the known mechanism of the vaccine adjuvants, which are put in vaccines to potentiate the body’s immune response to the antigen. They do this by stressing the glutathione component of the body’s antioxidant defense system.
Just an update on my post for you.

Either way , stay the fk away from alcohol for some time after or before the vaccine. If you are a social drinker, alcohol would be totally out of your system in 2 weeks. This shows up on the treatment for alcoholism at any health examination in the mental health dept.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join