It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't remember the name

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Let me make it perfectly clear, I don't like fast food and there is nothing you can say that's gonna change my mind. No, I don't care where. It could be
Pizza Hut, Mc Donald's, Wendy's, 5 Guys, In-n-Out, Cracker Barrel etc, etc, they taste the same. It's all mass produced crap. Years ago, I tried just about every fast food there was. [ to be honest, it's been 20+ years since I even bothered ]
Blech. Over cooked, paper thin with 3 gallons of ketchup/mustard/mayo and whatever the hell that secret sauce is, is just nasty. Unripe tomatoes, wilted lettuce and what I can only imagine are the 2 last lone pickles in an old jar.

With that said, a few years ago, I was in Fort Worth visiting my sister. She suggested a place for lunch, even knowing my distaste for fast food she still thought highly of it. So, I decided " What the hell, can't be any worse than the usual slop", so we went.

Burger Heaven.
You go in, stand at a REAL counter and order. They ask how you want your burger done, just like ordering a steak. We're talking 3/4 inch patties, cooked medium rare, seared on the outside, nice and pink on the inside and so juicy you need a handful of napkins. The fries are hand cut and these ain't the the little skimpy shoestring fries from McD's, these are damn near wedges. And plenty of them.
There's a condiment bar, where you put as much or as little you want on your burger.
Ketchup, mustard, mayo, BBQ sauce, A1, hot sauce,, pickles, fresh crisp lettuce, RIPE tomatoes, onions, pickles, jalapenos........
They'll even put sauteed onions on if you ask for them.

They make their own buns.

The burger is wrapped in butcher paper and the fries come in a paper bag, with the burger on top. You take it to the table, tear the bag open, add some ketchup if you want and just enjoy the best burger you've ever had.

....and I can't remember the name. It's just a little hole in the wall place and oddly, that's where you find the best food. I've traveled quite a bit and I look for that little place on the side of the road with all the cars in the lot.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

With that said, a few years ago, I was in Fort Worth visiting my sister. She suggested a place for lunch, even knowing my distaste for fast food she still thought highly of it. So, I decided " What the hell, can't be any worse than the usual slop", so we went.

Have you asked your sister?

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

We're not currently on speaking terms. I refused to co sign a $200,000 loan and she is upset with me for some odd reason.
*shrug* Go figure.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Five Guys.

Burgers and fries.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Let me make it perfectly clear, I don't like fast food and there is nothing you can say that's gonna change my mind. No, I don't care where. It could be
Pizza Hut, Mc Donald's, Wendy's, 5 Guys, In-n-Out, Cracker Barrel etc, etc, they taste the same. It's all mass produced crap. Years ago, I tried just about every fast food there was. [ to be honest, it's been 20+ years since I even bothered ]
Blech. Over cooked, paper thin with 3 gallons of ketchup/mustard/mayo and whatever the hell that secret sauce is, is just nasty. Unripe tomatoes, wilted lettuce and what I can only imagine are the 2 last lone pickles in an old jar.

Burger Heaven.
You go in, stand at a REAL counter and order. They ask how you want your burger done, just like ordering a steak. We're talking 3/4 inch patties, cooked medium rare, seared on the outside, nice and pink on the inside and so juicy you need a handful of napkins. The fries are hand cut and these ain't the the little skimpy shoestring fries from McD's, these are damn near wedges. And plenty of them.
There's a condiment bar, where you put as much or as little you want on your burger.
Ketchup, mustard, mayo, BBQ sauce, A1, hot sauce,, pickles, fresh crisp lettuce, RIPE tomatoes, onions, pickles, jalapenos........
They'll even put sauteed onions on if you ask for them.

They make their own buns.

The burger is wrapped in butcher paper and the fries come in a paper bag, with the burger on top. You take it to the table, tear the bag open, add some ketchup if you want and just enjoy the best burger you've ever had.

....and I can't remember the name. It's just a little hole in the wall place and oddly, that's where you find the best food. I've traveled quite a bit and I look for that little place on the side of the road with all the cars in the lot.

Fuddruckers? Best hamburgers imho...

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The Ultimate Fort Worth Burger Guide

www.fortworth.com...

article on Ft Worth burgers
makes me hungree
too much fancy stuff though (truffle butter? oaxaca cheese?)

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Best burger I ever had in Fort Worth was a place called Kincaid's Hamburgers.

It sounds like what you are describing, down to ordering at the counter.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Was it in a little shopping mall type are ? That's where I remember this being. A lot of little stores, but none of them major chain, just independents.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Was it in a little shopping mall type are ? That's where I remember this being. A lot of little stores, but none of them major chain, just independents.

It was by a little mall and outside of a subdivision.

Sorry, it has been awhile.

Were the tables picnic tables?

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

That's starting to sound very much like where I remember. Thank You Dear Lady.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Sookiechacha

We're not currently on speaking terms. I refused to co sign a $200,000 loan and she is upset with me for some odd reason.
*shrug* Go figure.

Give this person a cigar for being smart! Proverbs 17:18 wisely says:

"One who lacks sense gives a pledge and puts up security in the presence of his neighbor."

There was a place like this just outside of Hondo, Texas where we ate years ago. It was called, if memory serves me, Billy Bob's. You could get a pile of onions throw'd on the burger that'd been sauteed on the griddle and the grease would just run down to your elbows.

DAYUM them was some good burgers.

The place is still in existence, I'm glad to know.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
In Edgefield, SC, The Edgefield Billiard Parlor, everyone calls it the pool room. The billiard tables have long been covered and store accouterments on them. The burgers are cooked as you wait. Most people call in their orders.
They serve the absolute best burgers, hand cut fries, onion rings to die for. Its not very expensive, either.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hole-in-the-wall joints are always the best. The ones that have maybe one or two places in a city at most.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
The Ultimate Fort Worth Burger Guide

www.fortworth.com...

article on Ft Worth burgers
makes me hungree
too much fancy stuff though (truffle butter? oaxaca cheese?)

oaxaca cheese isn't fancy. Its mexico's version of mozzarella. Although its just not as good. Smoke it, you have asadero....my favorite cheese in the world.

new topics

top topics

join