It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedians CALL OUT PC/CANCEL CULTURE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Everyone's too offended to enjoy comedy anymore.

This is right on point. Even John Cleese hits it on the head.

From interviews earlier this year. And a clip of John Cleese when he had much less gray hair.
youtu.be...
NSFW

This one talks about people thinking they have a Right to not have their feelings hurt.
youtu.be...
NSFW

People in the Third World would scratching their heads: "What? They're not complaining about not having food? They're complaining because someone offended them?"

These are the Social Issues of 2020.
edit on 3-12-2020 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

So, we have to watch videos?

I want my empTV.

edit on 12/3/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yes. The people in the videos are better at explaining than I am at typing.

I want my empTV.

I've never heard/seen that before. Brilliant! I want it on a T-shirt.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   
This thread offends me. How dare a funny old British white guy tell me how I ought to feel and what is acceptable

Aaaarrrgggg

Cancel this thread! Lol

Monty Python FTW

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Brilliant! I want it on a T-shirt.

Have your people talk to my people about that.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I want my empTV.
Just lol

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   

when i look around in the world, it seems more like the boundaries of what can be said are being pushed further and further. hate has nothing to do with comedy.

what gets on my nerves is double standards and witch hunts on twitter. radical feminists are just as exhausting as radical right-wingers - nevertheless radical right-wingers are more dangerous.

a movie like life of brian wouldn't itch anybody nowadays - well, pence and similar hardcore christians would plead for a ban but who takes such people seriously? watch the borat movies. or listen to ricky gervais. they make fun of everything and everybody and they are still alive. but yes, these are hysterical times. thanks to the internet!

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I want my empTV.

That's a classic!! I love it!! I want the T-shirt too...and a hat.

Good to see you! Where you been, man?

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Workin'.
Programmin'.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Workin'.
Programmin'.

Dominion software ?

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

No.
Java. VB.Net, mostly. C stuff if I have to.
FORTH is cool, but not much market.

edit on 12/3/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
when i look around in the world, it seems more like the boundaries of what can be said are being pushed further and further. hate has nothing to do with comedy.

Hate is the new pc word .... what ever happened to dislike?

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   

It’s called social engineering, and yes jokes are dangerous in this brave new normal.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

It's very telling that you say this :

what gets on my nerves is double standards and witch hunts on twitter

and then this :

nevertheless radical right-wingers are more dangerous.

Is it the "radical Right" that is burning, looting and assaulting people because they don't think the way you want ? Just a hint, it's the Democrat strongholds where all the trouble is happening and the Mayors and Governors are doing nothing to stop it. Kamala Harris even started a fund to bail them out if they were arrested. So, when you say double standards are getting on your nerves, you need to look in the mirror.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   

No.

It's rare to find another vb.net person.

more python myself, only because all the new AI stuff fits in it nicely.

lol, python.. monty python.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: oloufo

It's very telling that you say this :

what gets on my nerves is double standards and witch hunts on twitter

and then this :

nevertheless radical right-wingers are more dangerous.

Is it the "radical Right" that is burning, looting and assaulting people because they don't think the way you want ? Just a hint, it's the Democrat strongholds where all the trouble is happening and the Mayors and Governors are doing nothing to stop it. Kamala Harris even started a fund to bail them out if they were arrested. So, when you say double standards are getting on your nerves, you need to look in the mirror.

i'm also annoyed by left-wing radicals and islamists, but the ones who shout loudest and plaster the internet with their hatred are the radical right-wingers. radical animal rights activists are also annoying. or many spoken word artists. but the worst are still neo-nazis.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

But they called it good trouble, so that makes it ok .

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The problem is that a handleful of outraged people will try to influence businesses to get someone "canceled".

Just don't let random bloggers and 100 people on twitter have influence. Especially when hate and outrage can be bought with fake accounts.

Companies are just afraid to lose one penny. Cancel "culture" was created by corporations.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I’ve been curious about the state of the forum for a couple weeks. We’ve certainly had some new posters pop up in the last couple of weeks, so surely there are some additional lurkers. Who knows if it’s enough to keep this place afloat.

First time I heard “empTV” was in a Dream Theater song back in ‘98 called “Just Let Me Breathe”

“A daily dose, of empTV, will flush your mind right down the drain
Shannon Hoon and Kurt Cobain, make yourself a household name”

I was 15 when that came out and thought it was the greatest thing ever since MTV wasn’t playing the prog-metal I dig, but was at that tipping point of turning into what they are now. I was that dorky kid who, upon hearing kids at school discuss Real World or whatever was on then, would get all snarky and say stuff like, “Ha ha, you see that on EMPtv, get it? EMPTY TV?!”, while thinking I was hilarious.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

No.

You remind me of one of my foster children. She is brilliant but cant get sarcasm or tell when someone is joking. She is a real life Sheldon . Of course Under no circumstances could it be that my jokes aren't funny.

I know what you are pointing at about the C stuff. I had the pleasure long ago to work on a project that required a solution written on each of those languages plus pl/sql with some corba thrown in, due to interfaces and hardware. it was a actually a fun project .

try the old new hot ADA , lol

edit on 191231America/ChicagoThu, 03 Dec 2020 09:19:21 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join