It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposal: Split ATS in two

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Good (time of day),

It has been some time since I've been to this site and I am proposing something that I am near 100% certain has either been proposed or at the very least thought about more than once by most of the members here. In fact, I would be surprised if it hadn't but that's not the point.

The point of this post is to make a genuine proposal, both to the mods and to the community at large, for the sake of the integrity of the site as
a conspiracy site and not just a political conspiracy mud pit.

My proposal is a call to one of two courses of action: either split ATS into two sites (one for legitimate conspiracies and one for political mud slinging) or create a secondary function of the site through which you can view the site as it exists currently but with all of the overtly political forums and their posts hidden from view. I say this because the unique nature of this site is just about gone, buried in the political mud (at least I'm fairly sure it's mud) and I am sure I'm not alone in wanting to see it restored to its former glory.

I have a strong understanding of what goes into the building and maintenance of a website and so I know that both proposals are no small task, especially the first since it would involve the archival and migration of the political forums and likely an ongoing migration of past topics regarding politics that were in the wrong forum. That said, it seems the second option would be the least onerous but I can't be sure. I'm not even 100% sure this is in the correct forum. If not,
!

Now, that said I am sure there will be plenty of people arguing that politics is a legitimate location for conspiracy theories/talk and I don't disagree, I just happen to take umbrage when I attempt to generally lurk a site that was once a favorite of mine and being mired in politics. Yes, I know I can go to the individual, non political forums and that's all well and good but really, at that point why not just find another site. I've looked. Nothing matches what this site used to be, not even close. So what I'm calling for is a simple comment vote. Single word (yea or nay) and maybe your own 2 cents on how to carry out those two suggestions, or perhaps something new. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't but we can take a minute away from the political to think as a community.

I'll check back in a few days. Best wishes ATSers

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Jekka

Why not just browse the forums you like and avoid the ones you don't? Personally I like having the politics and crazy # all together in one place. Makes it easier. Only have to remember one URL.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
when the conspiracy is a political one, what then?

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The site is going OOB soon, it's not worth the effort.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Easy peasy. You have the freedom of choice, don't get on the political forums. Problem solved.

I can think of a quite a few long term members that just don't go to the pit, yet they still post and participate on the forum.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

No, just no.

Believe it or not a lot of conspiracy stuff is related even through politics.

edit on 2-12-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Ok, so we need an ATS court with judges and lawyers now to evaluate who is wrong or right.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Bookmark your favorite forums and you'll never have to acknowledge the rest. Problem solved.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

@Jekka Here is S.O.'s thread from back in June.

Transparency On The Future of ATS

Hurry up! You have a lot to catch up on.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

How long have we got doc? Days, weeks, months? Tell it to.me straight.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I figured we'd be gone by now but maybe they're holding out until the inauguration so we can get into a metaphorical fist fight.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The Forum structure is already split.

Why make it even more complicated and confusing than it always has been ❓😎

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Don’t be so sure.

If you look at the ‘owners’ profile, it now say ‘administrator’ and not ‘ATS Owner’ anymore.

What do you think that means?

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I figured we'd be gone by now but maybe they're holding out until the inauguration so we can get into a metaphorical fist fight.

Will there be any warning or just a 404 out of the blue?

Will I ever get to tell you how much I really love you........

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Not sure, best to ask Simon, Bill or Mark.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I think it'll end like The Sopranos did.

Only if you hurry up about it.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Not sure, best to ask Simon, Bill or Mark.

I tried asking Tizio, Caio and Sempronio, but can't find any of them.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Im a recent ex-lurker. I emerged Bidenesque from my basement (if I had one it would be below the water table) to engage conspiracies in an holistic medium. This is ATS. It’s not pretty but it helps flesh the names on here into rounded, not well rounded, but vaguely spherical people.
I can’t find and probably couldn’t buy the community environment that this website brings to focus on everyday concerns.
It’s a joy and a marvellous experience.

Remember. Remember.
reply to: Jekka

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yes, it has been reported by the owners that the site is in financial trouble and that the sale of the site was in the offing.

I propose that some of the money that Trump is suckering his followers for to fight the ''fraud'' but will likely still remain in his control once Biden is inaugurated be used to purchase ATS and use it as one of his ''out reach'' political sites recruiting followers for 24.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

They have said there would be warning, if a solution to finances was not figured out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join