It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The pandemic is over, according to science chief

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't necessarily disagree with that assessment.

It's not like there is much else we can do bar deal with it.

Coz the world won't stop spinning because of COVID 19.

Not that it won't cause some kind of wobble all the same.

Pills thrills and bellyaches are all ways just around the corner.
edit on 28-11-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

But here's the rub -- how much are the politicians in power trying to stop the world spinning because of COVID and claiming that it's all for your own good?

Which is more important:

1. Being alive but without all the things that make that life worth living?

2. Being alive but with the risk you might get ill and therefore pass away?

This is the same assessment I go through every time someone tells me I ought not eat things like bacon. Sure avoiding it might prolong my life, but is foregoing the pleasure of bacon for a few more years of something less like living worth it? Every persons needs to make that assessment for themselves, but our people in power are currently making it for us.

edit on 28-11-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Canny make monies and profit is the same manner whilst they dangle our world by a string.

At least not forever.

As to worth it of it all, well that depends on the value people place in such.

People in power have been making decisions and assessments for our respective populations since time immemorial ketsuko, nothing really changed on that score.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Can the scientist inform the dying people in our nursery please?

Can I have his phone number and call him each time we have a covid19 death?

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

You registered with this site just in time for the lockdowns I see...

Tell the thousands fighting for their live in ICU as we type the pandemic is over. Tell the doctors and nurses, quite a few who are personal friends of ours, with bruises on their faces watching helplessly as people die alone in record numbers the pandemics is over. Tell my brother-in-law with irreversible lung damage and my sister with irreversible heart damage it's over. Tell my son's 30 year old friend currently on a vent that it's over.

What a load of bs! You should be ashamed of yourself with such blatant lies. Do you seriously expect me to believe that nobody I know or they know has had it any worse than normal flu, that both an unhealthy PM and a president recovered from it just fine and here you are with half the people you know all gravely injured by it!
I don’t think so, and I will go further than to tell you it’s over, I will say it was never really a thing!

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks
The writing is on the wall. Not taking a vaccine will be the new not wearing a mask.

Tell the thousands fighting for their live in ICU as we type the pandemic is over. Tell the doctors and nurses, quite a few who are personal friends of ours, with bruises on their faces watching helplessly as people die alone in record numbers the pandemics is over. Tell my brother-in-law with irreversible lung damage and my sister with irreversible heart damage it's over. Tell my son's 30 year old friend currently on a vent that it's over.

I'm sure they'll all welcome the news. Just as I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell us only 2000 people have died.

Edit to Add: The false positives from differing tests I believe. The incompetence in this area is mind boggling. A cautionary approach to vaccines is also a saner approach than believing that it will work for everyone straight away.

But this still doesn't support the pandemic being "over."

Dude you are FULL of it.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

I don't doubt your personal closeness to this virus & I feel for you having it affect those close to you & loved. It still doesn't alter the fact that while yes there was a terrible strain of yearly flu sweeping the globe & those susseptable to it for whatever reasons, personal to them as well as those who didnt stand a chance due to gross negligence of civic leaders, it is beyond obvious that even the best & well intentioned " modelling " f*cked up. It's unfortunate that your personal experience seems to have blinded you from the overwhelming facts that this whole situation moved from a " brace yourself for cataclysmic impact people ! " to a shameless ' cover our asses at all costs ' D grade soap opera being played out in real life daily, quite some time ago. I wont judge you for holding a belief that no one deserves to remain healthy & proceed with living their life because you know people that are not able to. Grief & fear come out in many ways after all but God bless.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join